Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Carl Was Right.

Don't feed me none of your bullshit this season, show. I don't like how bullshit tastes. Keep it away from me, and we might just make it through this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Bumming Your Scene posted:

I am already not going to watch this season until it is on Netflix. I won't watch it at all if Daryl dies. He may be fan service, but he's the only watchable thing going for the show.

We also have Carl, aka Stone Cold Carl, aka Hard Carl.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
This is a loving harsh episode. People slaughtered in their beds, children watching their father be put down, diseased baby, sacrificed piglets.

Just give Carl back his gun so we can know what happiness feels like again. Goddamn. :(

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just checking. Tyrese's girlfriend was the lone survivor from the Governor's flipout at the end of last season, right?

Thought she would have ended up playing a bigger role.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Huh. I don't remember that at all.

I don't believe the "took his gun away" part happened in the show. You just connect the dots between last season and this one.

(Also, Carl Was Right)

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

PaganGoatPants posted:

I'm still wondering if those two actually burned themselves or if someone took it upon themselves to off them.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Yeah it makes sense they got murdered but immediately after I saw it I didn't quite put the pieces together?

So what are you still wondering about?

Someone (most likely the little psycho girl and maybe her sister), knifed them in the face, dragged them out back, and set their bodies on fire.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm still convinced it was the little girl. Carol knows she did killed them and is covering for her, looking after her and feeling guilty as gently caress.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Any episode that unleashes Stone Cold Carl is a good episode.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
ZOMBIE PEAS!

And instead of a preview, we go right into the Talking Dead? Ffffuck you.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Governor actually seems afraid of zombies now. He was freaked out by the bathtub zombie and lost his cool when they came at him in the old folks home.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Their sex broke the truck.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Governor is loving hardcore.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Apparently this episode was the worst crime ever commited against humanity, but I liked it.

There are a handful of people who want this show to be what it's not and never set out to be. Been happening since the first episode.

I also liked the episode. :hfive:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

-Blackadder- posted:

Bonus points if they make Rick and his group the antagonists.

As far as I'm concerned, they are. Governor was always in the right. :colbert:

Anything bad he did was either justified or lovely writing that should be ignored.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

This is my big beef with it as well, nothing they can do can bring him into even morally dubious territory, much less sympathy. If all he did was raid and kill other survivors to get supplies to his own group he would still be a villain but there would be some sense to it. You could try to see things from his perspective, he'd never be good but given that this is the end of the world they could make it an ethical dilemma "are the lives of other people worth more than the lives of the people in your group? If not how far will you go to ensure your group's survival" kind of thing.

See, this is a big part of why the last season was so badly done. The Governor started out as that morally dubious, but generally sympathetic character. Then Michonne came along and hosed his poo poo up, and he got worse as she continued to antagonize him. This wasn't deliberate, and this wasn't how you were intended to take those episodes, but that is how it was all portrayed due to sloppy writing and filming.

With this episode, it almost seemed like they were acknowledging this and showed the Governor as that decent character again, rather than trying to further push the "No SERIOUSLY GUYS, The Governor was ALWAYS evil!" message that failed to come through last season.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mexcillent posted:

Not at all.

In the very first episode featuring him, he has a huge wall full of gaping zombie heads in fishtanks.

I'm sorry you're such a judgemental jerkwad that immediately considers someone evil just because they keep monster heads in fishtanks. :mad:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Boogaleeboo posted:

Listen I'mma make this quick checklist for someone being a bad guy or not:

Do you have a speculum in your torture kit [ ] Yes [ ] No

Ok if the dude checks Yes he is totally 100% evil forever and all time the end. I'm glad to help people out here.

If the Governor was planning on doing any weird vagina torture to Andrea, NOT having a speculum would probably be more evil.

People need to stop dwelling on the speculum. That was not as big a deal as people want it to be.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

fullroundaction posted:

They've made actual characters that people like out of Carol, Michonne, and Herschel this season. That's a pretty big accomplishment.

Also means they're the most likely to die.

E: not that they were unlikable before, they just didn't have well developed personalities.

1. What was bad about Carol or Herschel?

2. What is good about Michonne now, really? She stopped being absolute irredeemable poo poo, but that doesn't mean she started being good.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Previously on The Walking Dead...

The Governor was hosed over. :(

Now he gets his revenge!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
THAT'S HOW YOU SURRENDER HERSCHEL! YOU PUT DOWN A loving GUN!

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

See, if that kid would have done that then Carl wouldn't have had to shoot his rear end.

loving exactly. I'm just imagining Herschel thinking "Ohhh, NOW I get it. Carl, I'm so sorry."

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
It would be great if there was all this buildup to a showdown with a big brutal bloody battle, but the episode just ends with the Governor's people and Rick's people agreeing to peacefully live in the prison together like a wacky sitcom.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bread Set Jettison posted:

...sorry I don't have dvr....

What the hell was that gross bloody thing

A rat flayed open and mounted.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Here lies
megan

peperony and
chease

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Guys I don't think Herschel is gonna make it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cool Cherry Cream posted:

Meanwhile Glenn is just sleeping.

He's still waiting for his glass of water. :(

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Psycho sisters are pretty awesome.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cbear posted:

Honestly, I know I'm in the minority but I was really sad to see Merle go last season. He was hilarious and I think was a more real character than most of the cast.

Nah, Merle dying was one of the many senseless things from last season. It would have worked so much better to have him be re-incorporated into the group, at least for a little while.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dracorion posted:

Yeah, I don't think Judith's dead.

I thought she was the zombie Carl shot at the end.

You see because they looked at the spot she was supposed to be but only found blood, then looked up and saw a zombie, so clearly that zombie was Judith.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Opening with Michonne was a bad idea. I'm just gonna pretend the episode is starting now, with Hard Carl.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hey. Hey Carl. Carl wait. Carl.

Carl. Please.

Daddy doesn't have as much blood as you son. :(

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dvsilverwing posted:

Seriously though Carl, stop being such a gently caress.

Hard Carl is always right.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh great, Michonne backstory 2 seasons too late. Stop forcing Michonne down our throats.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Child acting.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

I think it's a great episode. :ohdear:

This kid is poo poo at emotional acting, and everything about Michonne is worthless, but I love Hard Carl, so an episode that revolves around him is pretty great.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hahaha, that phone commercial pretending you can get good internet in Sochi.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Michonne follows Carl and Rick's tracks, Carl thinks it's a walker trying to get in, accidentally kills Michonne.

I will be very happy if Carl kills Michonne by the end of this episode.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Carl didn't end up killing Michonne. Episode was for nothing.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Tonight's episode of Walking Dead: Carl deals with the aftermath of eating an entire tub of expired pudding.

Did anyone check to see if any of the games in that kid's room were released AFTER the zombie apocalypse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
I like Beth when she's not singing.

• Locked thread