Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Troposphere posted:

Well SOMEONE needs to bang Daryl. He's too cute not to.

Oh please, let it be Alan Rickman again.

Also, they really have hit year 2-3 of the zombie apocalypse and still don't have the sense to take anything and everything that might possibly cause death seriously yet. Even just to err on the side of caution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Aww, Michonne is finally making friends. :3:

edit: Carl, I want you to die again.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Troposphere posted:

calling it rick almost dies and carl learns to appreciate his dad

How original, this show using Carl to harp on the importance of appreciating your family members in times of crisis.

Also, I have those solar lamps. They're decorative rather than functional.

e: My point proven. Thanks Carl.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

That is such a happy looking zombie. I love how it keeps grinning at him.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

E the Shaggy posted:

Is Michonne's sword a lightsaber?

Only when she has it. Remember how many hacks it took to behead poor Hershel?

Also, I was all for splitting the group again until I discovered that 90% of the first episode after the midseason break was going to be about Carl. Considering what happened to the farm and the after the first attack on the prison, why did none of these idiots plan to make a rendezvous point in case of, you know, zombies, deadly plagues, the Governor, etc.

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 10, 2014

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Bored posted:

For anyone who's watching the talking dead, am I the only one that had the scene from Labyrinth going through their head when the guy was talking about using lipstick to make signs for yourself?

No. Also, most of his advice was nearly as retarded as the actions we see the main cast regularly taking on the show.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Don't kill the baby, Lil Carol.

e: How'd you find us :lol:

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 17, 2014

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

What a comforting name for a survivors' colony.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

PaganGoatPants posted:

Shouldn't she be happy he isn't there isn't of crying?

Seems fair for her to be disappointed that he isn't there, too.

e: Wait, so has he been lying out in the Georgia sun in a coma for three days, or what?

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Glenn's got the whole prison all to himself!

Finally he can catch a decent nap.

...Or go all Rambo without even really knowing whether or not he's the only survivor.

Honestly, how did he not get dragged down by that crowd? That just looked silly.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Great, now the zombies LIKE fire. Why did Glen figure this out now?

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

GamingHyena posted:

I like how all of the main characters forgot that covering yourself in zombie entrails makes them not bite you.

Seriously, as disgusting as it is to have to do that (even when taking Michonne's route of hauling along a couple armless/jawless ones), it's better than risking with all this "CHAAAAAARGE!" bullshit.

e: And then Glenn forgets to put his loving helmet back on. Why is anyone on this show still alive.

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 17, 2014

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Oh boy, some sassy newcomers!

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Yeah, I only remember one person kind of half-assedly "defending" Lizzie; everyone else was pretty much just speculating exactly which type of crazy she was going to wind up being.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Haha, wow, what the hell Carl. That was the most contrived way to drag up the baby ever.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Ugh, I hope for her Danai's sake they didn't have to do that take too many times.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

I like it how it takes a random creepy painting to make them start acting cautiously, as opposed to the two or so years they've been living in the zombie apocalypse.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

GamingHyena posted:

Wouldn't they have smelled the bodies long before they got into the room?

In order to deal with this show on any level, you need to accept that everyone on it is smell-blind. I mean, how else would you not notice a rotting corpse creeping it's way up behind you, as happens regularly.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

euphronius posted:

Zombies approach down wind duuuuuuuh
A human-sized corpse would take a mighty loving gust of wind to hide.

Aaaand, I can't get over this guy's dye job.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

New Children of the Corn movie.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

I wish Rick had reached out and caught the tennis ball just to make the guy poo poo his pants.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Nice diversion, Rick.

Though really, I'm surprised that two years into this, the bed bugger actually fell asleep next to the non-headstabbed corpse of his buddy.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

computer parts posted:

Given how long the guy was out I think he was just passed out

I know it's a Hollywood thing to show knocked out/passed out people as staying out for lengthy and indeterminate amounts of time, but in reality, the person usually wakes up in a matter of seconds (a couple minutes at the most) unless he is dead or in a coma. It bugs the poo poo out me constantly when watching TV/movies.

I also thought it was kind of weird that both Carl/Michonne and the biker guys were so nonchalant about the houses. I mean, not too long ago Carl nearly got nailed by the shoe-thieving zombie, so even though it's been kind of established that herds are more of a threat than individuals or small groups, it's not like the main cast aren't consistently being reminded that a single zombie can wreck your poo poo.

Edit: I admit I'm being nitpicky though, I actually did like the episode quite a lot.

Edit 2: V V V V Rick killed the guy in the bathroom though, so it could've been him reanimating even if bed guy wasn't dead.

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 24, 2014

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

poo poo, that's one way to get a helluva crick in your neck.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

You could at least let him finish dinner before you stalk off like an idiot, Beth.

So is this episode going to be Beth's time to lose her shoe and eat pudding?

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

I wish Daryl had a diary.

Also, zombie pinatas!

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I don't see cash being of much use. At least Daryl has a dope donkey rope now though.

So close, Beth. So close.

They can use the cash as a fire starter. Paper probably comes in handy in the humid Georgia woods.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Ahahaha, peach Schnapps. Wow, that's perfect.

edit: Did Daryl used to work here or does he just hate rich white golfing people?

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Moonshine? So this is how Daryl finally gives in a kills Beth.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Beth's using Never Have I Ever as a ploy to get Daryl drunk so she can take advantage of him. What a show.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Yay, arson is liberating and fun!

Oh wait, doesn't fire attract walkers now?

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

She did so badly at faking her first drink, in particular with it being Moonshine, I honestly thought she must have never had a drink in real life before. The whole scene is: [Calmly] "This is vile. Oh, second sip is fine." No reaction to the burn, no choking down the first several hits, she acted like she was drinking a nice glass of water.

Amusingly I got told she was 28 before that discussion even happened on these forums, which was a shock. Not only does she look much younger, I figured her not being drinking age was the reason for everything I just wrote. Now, I just have no idea.

I guess you could try to explain it away as her trying to have big balls in front Daryl? But more likely it's just that she's one of the weaker actors on the show. Despite her being 28 in real life, it looks like she hasn't had all that much experience.

Also, regarding the Country Club: they mentioned on the Talking Dead that the "lynchings" were a result of a "class struggle" between the club members and the staff who were holed up inside, implying that the rich people were acting dickish to the staff despite their economic status suddenly becoming moot, to the point that the staff snapped and murdered the poo poo out of them.

Maybe it was a commentary on current political issues, but I think it was also included to show that Daryl was kind of Ok with whatever had gone down there due to having such a crappy life right next to people who are wearing a single piece of jewelry worth more than his childhood home, which is why he was busting the place up a bit, throwing darts, and freaked out on Beth about her having a pony, etc. You know, before he progressed to the grief- and guilt-stricken portion of his meltdown.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Faceplant walker.

Also, I love how crazy Lizzie doesn't want to kill undead things that want to eat her, but she was willing to commit infanticide.

E: I just said that out loud.
v v v v v

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 17, 2014

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

This episode so far is way creepier than most of the others lately have been.

Tyrese, take Judith and run; you're the only normal ones in this group.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Scratch that, Tyreese is a goddamn idiot.

Also, let's run around yelling and making as much noise as possible for no reason.

Eww, how did she catch a mouse? It's not like they just walk up to you or something.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Is all that cooking meat and gunfire going to attract a megahorde to the pecan farm now?

e: "I know I have to snap completely and murder all of you in your sleep."

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

All these signs to Terminus and the railroad tracks, etc., but no one else has stopped at this pecan farm?

Also, does Tyrese suspect Carol now?

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Boom.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Poor Tyrese..."why do I have to be saddled with both the baby AND the batshit one?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Reminalt posted:

:stare:

Carol has lovely luck with kids.

Is anyone really surprised that Lizzie Borden Jr. turned out to be crazier than their entire loving pecan farm?

I mean, really? I know we're supposed to grant the characters a lot of slack because it's the apocalypse and also small children, but still.

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 17, 2014

• Locked thread