Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Fojar38 posted:

So I'm not particularly impressed with Snowden and Greenwald because they seem to be going beyond their self-appointed mandate of protecting civil liberties if they're also leaking US Intelligence operations including spying on other countries, also known as "that thing that security and intelligence agencies are supposed to do." Regardless of the veracity of the claims it strikes me as being done not because of the ideology that they and their supporters repeatedly espouse but rather out of petty spite and a desire to hurt US interests even if they're irrelevant to civil liberties.

But what security is gained from spying on Merkel? I mean, sure, they are supposed to find out what other countries are doing, but "national security" can't exactly be used as a justification here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread