Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pro-PRC Laowai
Sep 30, 2004

by toby

Sancho posted:

Good to see Alexander resort to doing the same thing the rest of us do when a third party has their poo poo - whine!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2013/10/nsa-chief-stop-reporters-selling-spy-documents-175896.html

I agree! Maybe end the third party doctrine to start?

So lemme see if I understand this.
They allowed a trusted party access to their private information, knowingly or not. And that trusted party ran off with their private information providing it to others. And now those other parties are passing it around both domestically and internationally and the originator of said information is powerless to stop it and they have no idea how it is or will be used?

It's so.... meta. I think that's why it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro-PRC Laowai
Sep 30, 2004

by toby

Combat Pretzel posted:

The most interesting thing to this is that the majority of her phone calls are not being routed over American soil. Also, these days all telephone and mobile services providers are private in Europe. This implies that the NSA is infiltrating private companies big time. Getting to the point to be installing wiretapping equipment definitely requires some work. So the next time the Deutsche Telekom is looking for a bunch of IT guys, they'd have to vet them through the BND first.

Deutsche Telekom bought out Voicesteam in like mid-2001 for $35 billion, with the government bitching about it being a risk to national security... then suddenly it gets approved by the FCC and goes through May 2002. Gee, makes one wonder how that happened, seeing as tapping in Germany has been going on since 2002. Coincidence, I'm sure.

Pro-PRC Laowai
Sep 30, 2004

by toby

Allatum posted:

At witch point do you figure we should write our representatives and tell them to figure this out and curtail it? Or maybe threaten to vote in people who do understand what's going on and oppose it.

About 14 or so years ago.

• Locked thread