Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
OP contains no bug or steel types. Shameful.

Captain Fargle posted:

I would like to nominate Goomy as official thread mascot!

All in favour?

Goomy sucks for being pure dragon :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Crosscontaminant posted:

Oh man that's pretty cool.

He evolved into the Dark Seer.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Does the daycare affect a Pokemon's EVs at all in generation V?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I actually think Sylveon is my favorite evolution for Evee. Though I'm not a big fan of Evee in the first place.

I like the flesh Ribbons :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

UmbreonMessiah posted:

So has anyone found the Umbreonite yet? I want my dream to come true :sigh:

There's no way they would give any of the evee evolutions a mega form without doing the same for all the others. I base this on nothing but my own gut feeling.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

HeyItsAyls posted:

EDIT: Another discovery. Even though Electric types are now immune to paralysis, Stunfisk still has the Limber ability. Oh Stunfisk. :allears:

Clearly they will just solve this by adding mega stunfisk.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Brett824 posted:

Shiny odds are only low if you're not very dedicated.

My brother said he was going to keep hatching chikoritas until he got a shiny one.

About a week and 200 eggs later he gave up.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
gently caress let me start downloading this so I can go to bed already :(

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Someone tell me where to get Carbink. I want that little guy on my team as soon as possible.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where is the name rater in this gen? I wanna change some nicknames.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Crummelhorn posted:

Did they really take out the thing that lets you see whether you have captured all the Pokemon on a route?

Why the gently caress would they take this out, that was my favorite thing in W2 :argh:

Oh well, hey when can I use the wonder trade thing? I want to send out my Beedril in hopes that she finds a new home since I'm replacing her with Ralts.

Also I am shocked, SHOCKED, that they actually managed to make EV training fun.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wasn't sure I was going to like the Pokemon Amie but watching combee's 3 faces follow my stylus around was pretty cute.

Also wonder trade would be great if there was something in it to stop people from flooding it with fletchlings.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The sheer variety of pokemon would make nuzlocke runs of this game incredibly fun. I might just buy a second copy around december just to do that.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
^^^^^^^ Beautiful

LAY-ZX posted:

gently caress wild Pokemon, every time you catch something you have to immediately put it on wonder trade and use whatever comes out. Get on it.

Then you're basically doing a route 1 pokemon run.

Seriously, wonder trade is cool but all of you putting first area trash in it should get out :colbert: I mean you can catch a lot of cool pokemon in the next few areas anyways so just use those. Also nickname your stuff.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Where is a good clothes shop? I know there is one in the second town but that only had hats and I can't find another.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
In case anyone else was wondering; the name rater is in Camphirer town. It's a dude that hangs out inside the pokecenter, so you could easily miss him.

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Got my female combee hooray. Now to get my Vespiquen and hate myself because Flying/Bug is the worst type in the whole goddamn world and she can't even learn fly.

This is me :smith: I had no intention of using Combee again but the very first combee I ran into was female, and I couldn't reist. I love Vespiqueen so much but her typing is SO BAD. If only there was mega Vespiqueen and she became psychic bug or something.

At the very least, Combee is adorable in Pokemon Amie.

EDIT: Oh gently caress, you get a berry farm. There's so much stuff to waste time on in this game aaaaaaaaa

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 12, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There's nothing worse than planning out a team in your head and then realizing none of the pokemon can use fly.

Seriously Vespiqueen, why can't you learn that. If I can ride on a pidgy why can't I ride on you :sigh:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If you walk by the bushes on one route, pokemon will jump out to attack you. I totally didn't expect that, or to get an audino from it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So why do some pokemon seem to suck at special training? Trying to raise my Inkay but she sucks at it. The ball she launches is super slow and doesn't get many points even when charged, so I have no clue what you're supposed to do.

Also Dagon isn't allowed as a nickname but Cthulu is for some reason.

EDIT: Wouldn't even let me do Dagoon :smith:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Oct 13, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The most fun I had with wonder trade was catching Honedge, naming them knock off sword names like Excalipoor and Daedlmiss, and then sending them out. I got a bunch of route 1 crap, which is fine by me since it means someone might be using one. A Japanese girl sent me a "nice!" after the trade so my hope is they are running around using a misnamed sword :shepface:

Kind of sad that they giver you exp share early and then don't seem to balance the game around it at all. My pokemon are nearing level 30 and I haven't even hit the second gym. The game isn't meant to be hard but it's no fun crushing everything without trying.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 13, 2013

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Flopsy posted:

When's the earliest I can get my hands on a Noibat? Still thinking about team building.

Victory road. A kind goon would probably trade you a baby one if you asked though.

Pez Ez Dispenser posted:

Is it not possible to catch that Snorlax? :( went through 10 different balls while he was at red.

Edit: oh I see now. I'll get him yet then.

He's kind of tough for a pokeball. Use greatballs or a special ball instead.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Walrus Pete posted:

I got challenged to a battle by a passerby from Japan a while ago. For some reason I assumed it'd limit you to 3 pokemon, so I only sent out half my team. Except the other guy's stuff was all unevolved (except his frogadier and combusken) stuff from very early in the game, and I had a venusaur, honedge, and frogadier. I KO'd all six of his dudes without any of mine going down.

I think I bullied a Japanese child today. :smith:

Also, the following pokemon own hard: honedge/doublade, talonflame, vivillon

A kid sent me a challenge where I won entirely because my team was evolved while his wasn't. A few hours later he sends me another battle request and wins handily because now his team is stronger than mine.

He won't stop sending me battle requests now :shepface:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Vespiqueen enjoys a soothing massage on her thorax, not that you could tell since she looks permanently pissed off :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I can't believe they didn't balance this game around the exp share. I left it on and without even trying to grind, my team is massively overleveled. I have no choice but to turn it off while I train up my Inkay if I want the game to be even remotely challenging.

I really don't get why the level curve is so slow when you gain levels so fast. This game would be pretty much perfect if it weren't for this.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

SirBukkake posted:

Modest female Fenniken on the first try, and a Jolly Torchic in 3 tries. The fire gods smile upon me.

And I love that you can drag and rearrange the menu options :allears:

... Where the hell is the Name Rater?

Camphire town pokecenter. It's the town you go to right after Not-Paris with the castle. He's just hanging out in the corner.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So here's my team lineup;

-Greninja
-Vespiqueen
-Gardevoir
-Malamar
-Mawlie
-Carbink

Now, am I right in thinking that all of these pokemone can not learn fly? It only occurred to me after I planned out the whole team and now I don't want to bench anyone just to get a flyer. I assumed Vespiqueen would be able to but then I remembered she arbitrarily can't learn fly.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Male Gardevoir can mega evolve right? I've seen nothing to indicate that they can't but I wanna make sure before my Krilia evolves so if I know to make it a Gallade or not.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Cyra posted:

No Pokemon game since Gold and Silver has captivated me. The GBA ones seemed mediocre, Diamond and Pearl were clunky and boring, Black and White 1 & 2 came and went, the remakes didn't recapture the magic for me either. Yet I still find myself debating whether or not to take the plunge on X/Y.

Do I buy this game? Am I just too old to enjoy the mans anymore?

Do it. This is the best Pokemon game I've ever played. It does so many things right and has a ton of fantastic features.

My biggest problem; nicknames don't show up in online battles and the language filter is really arbitrary. Tried to wonder trade a
Spoink named "Some Pig" and it wouldn't allow it. Come on.

Annath posted:

I'm loving the game so far, but for fucks sake, please somebody tell me that there's a way to turn off the godawful "new" cry for Pikachu. It's loving stupid that they decided to give one Pokemon a voiced cry, and of course it's loving Pikachu and it makes me want to gouge my ears out.

Make it a Raichu :colbert:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zurai posted:

Glittering Cave. Took me forever to find one, like 2 hours of solid searching.

I found one on my first time through :smug:

Then proceeded to spend 30 minutes in there anyways because someone mistakenly told me Carbink was in that cave.

Just got Malamar. It seems like if you do stuff in Poke Amie with him while your 3DS is upside down, he enjoys it more :v:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Oh god, a marauding group of nosepass showed up, trapped my Krilie with block, and then slowly beat him to death :stonk:

I really don't get why Hordes only give you one pokemon. I thought they would be like wild triple battles.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Guh, I don't get why I'm so slow. I'm just taking my time catching pokemon and messing around in the Amie/Training so I only have two badges. Seems like everyone I know is way ahead of me now, so I'm kind of bummed out since I can't fight with them now.

I don't know why I seem to move through this game at a snail's pace.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mondlicht posted:

I think that playing like this is preferable to making it a race. Enjoy it! You only get to play it for the first time once.

I guess, it's just kind of annoying that it takes so long to raise up a wild pokemon without audino now. I'm using my Golette in literally every fight but the little guy keeps getting killed, and my entire team is 10 levels above him. So I have to stay and grind a bit while everyone gets even more ahead of me.

Oh well, my little brother said he was going to fill out his pokedex instead of leveling more so I could catch up and actually battle with him.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Golet has awesome animations. Also he's one of the few pokemon that doesn't like getting his stomach rubbed. Instead, he wants you to give him high fives :3:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

yaoi prophet posted:

So turn on your EXP share?

I do have it on, but Golet is so far behind that I have to use him in every fight otherwise he doesn't get nearly enough exp to catch up. I just don't get why Audinos were removed. I mean yeah with exp share keeping everyone on a team leveled is easy, but when you want to add a new member to the team they come in super far behind and it takes ages to get them up to speed. In W2 I just had to spend 5 minutes punching Audinos and then they were good to go.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I just now realized that all the icons I saw on PSS with facial hair were just people using a default trainer icon. I was hoping there was some shop I could buy mustaches from.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So despite everyone telling me Carbink were super rare, the very first pokemon I ran into in the reflective cave was one. Clearly we were fated to be together :3:

Now to grind him a bunch of defense and special defense so he can become the wall.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is Carbink slated towards attack, special attack, or can he do either?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Stalgren posted:

There's no guarantee anyone you challenge will be anywhere near a fair fight is there?

Yeah, that's one of the problems. You can challenge anyone but if it's a stranger you have no idea where they could be in the game, so the fight could easily be completely onesided. One guy challenged me after I gave him catch power +3, and he had caught Yveltal while I hadn't even beaten the second gym.

That said, I've had some fun with online battles. Malamar is a complete DICK and I love it. Swagger and foul play is such a nasty combo.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
One of the maids in the Battle Chaetau thinks she is a robot built to battle. She screams in all caps when you talk to her.

:psyduck:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

BattleCake posted:

So when breeding, does the nature of the parent have any effect on the nature of the offspring?

In the last gen it did not. However, if a parent was holding an everstone then any egg they produced would the same nature they did. I have no idea if it still works that way.

Are there any good physical fairy moves? Neither my Carbink or Mawlie have any options for fairy moves to capitalize on their attack stat so far. Pretty annoying.

Also, I just realized that nicknames do in fact show up in online battles. Everyone I've thought with so far has just been terribly boring so far.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ville Valo posted:

I just got Fly... and my drat Vivillon can't use it. I didn't have any other flying types in my party! Now I'll have to find a flyer I like, or live with changing out Pokemon any time I want to travel and obsessively check boutiques.

:saddowns:

Really.

I can't believe they are still preventing you from flying on your bug friends. As if Bug/Flying isn't lovely enough already.

• Locked thread