Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

McSpanky posted:

Regarding Jessica and people turning on her -- every time Jessica herself came to the survivor's group it was to grill someone for info without any regard for their feelings, then leave without a word as soon as she got it. I don't think they had a lot of love for her by the time Robyn showed up.
Yeah I don't know if that should lead to them literally ambushing and assaulting her in her own home though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I liked Jessica Jones more than Daredevil but appreciate Daredevil's pace and frenetic air a bit more. There's a slow and creepy tension in the first 3 episodes that were phenomenal. A Luke Cage show can't come quick enough. Near perfect casting all around.

I couldn't get over Simpson's hair cut. It looked like a Chris Evans clone. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a subtle nod that Superheroes have a pop culture around them and Simpson just copied it or if I'm seeing things.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mortanis posted:

I liked Jessica Jones more than Daredevil but appreciate Daredevil's pace and frenetic air a bit more. There's a slow and creepy tension in the first 3 episodes that were phenomenal. A Luke Cage show can't come quick enough. Near perfect casting all around.

I couldn't get over Simpson's hair cut. It looked like a Chris Evans clone. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a subtle nod that Superheroes have a pop culture around them and Simpson just copied it or if I'm seeing things.

It was a subtle nod to his comic roots https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuke_%28Marvel_Comics%29

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Luke Cage is not difficult to nail. 95% of it is physical.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Dexo posted:

1x13
I loving love Nuke's representation in this series.

He is perfect for what he is supposed to represent.

Pure unadulterated patriarchy.

He truly does love and care for Trish, but he is another representation of control. He is someone that represents the thought that women are incapable of dealing with their own problems and need someone else to protect them or tell them what the best course of action is. Even when he was doing it with the best of intentions as the nice guy he was still always pushing that his way with Jessica trying to get Trish to back him because his solution was the correct one and all the women should listen to him, which manifests in him ignoring Trish's plan when he finds Killgrave and trying to take matters into his own hands because he knows what's best. He gets blown up for that line of thinking. Then he reunites with his old buddies and hits you over the head with it in a more blunt manner

Totally agreed--I finished JJ this weekend and felt the same way. I thought it was a great little jab to have his "powers" (see: turning into a loving rear end in a top hat) be red pills

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Waffles Inc. posted:

Totally agreed--I finished JJ this weekend and felt the same way. I thought it was a great little jab to have his "powers" (see: turning into a loving rear end in a top hat) be red pills

That's not really a jab though that's just how it was in the comics

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

zoux posted:

Everybody happy with Mike Colter as Luke Cage?

Idk he was just kinda there. He wasn't bad, but I don't see how everyone is saying he nailed it either.

basically:

Aphrodite posted:

Luke Cage is not difficult to nail. 95% of it is physical.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I wonder if the writers wanted to have the Simpson character take a super red pill to poke fun at MRAs and Marvel were like, actually we already got the perfect guy.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

zoux posted:

I wonder if the writers wanted to have the Simpson character take a super red pill to poke fun at MRAs and Marvel were like, actually we already got the perfect guy.

I think it's just a happy coincidence.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
On a non-JJ note, has anyone watched The Amazing Spider-Man live action 70s TV show? Is it fun in an Incredible Hulk kind of way, or just it just fall totally flat today?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I pretty much hate all Spider-Man TV adaptations except for the first season or so of the 60s animated, and Spectacular Spider-Man. Some of them aren't bad but they just aren't good enough to actually spend time to watch.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Is hooked on the 90s one as a kid. As an adult I think it's kind of unintentionally hilarious.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

feedmyleg posted:

On a non-JJ note, has anyone watched The Amazing Spider-Man live action 70s TV show? Is it fun in an Incredible Hulk kind of way, or just it just fall totally flat today?

Do not watch that show.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

feedmyleg posted:

I grew up with it and watched it whenever they were on.

They did not age well, unless you suffer from crippling nostalgia (like me).

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

X-O posted:

Do not watch that show.

Someone has to. For posterity.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Legends of Tomorrow Trailer

SO. MUCH. HYPE. :flashfap: :flashfap: :flashfap:

Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall. Also that Firestorm costume

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I still don't like the title, because it really makes it seem like EVERYTHING THEY DO IS IMPORTANT!!!!!!!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's Lit.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Scyantific posted:

That's a pretty loving good trailer, I am appropriately excited. Who was the guy they were constantly fighting in the wicked armor, is that Savage? (I saw him out of armor).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Honestly I thought it was gonna suck, but it seems like they are spent real money on it, and it actually looks great.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Looks great aside from the constant of dreadful HQ set design.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I think I'm done with Arrow after the Flash crossover next week, but this looks (conceptually, if not so much tonally) different enough from the other three Berlanti DC shows to be worth a shot.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Kind of annoyed that Supergirl is making Max Lord into Lex Luthor lite. For a show trying to get out of Superman's shadow and make Supergirl her own thing they are really following closely with the Superman storylines.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wasn't Max Lord a good guy for most of his comic book history?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Wasn't Max Lord a good guy for most of his comic book history?

More of a con-man dick (especially to The Wall), but up until Countdown to Infinite Crisis, not a straight up villain.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 25, 2015

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Ted Kord :rip:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Madkal posted:

Kind of annoyed that Supergirl is making Max Lord into Lex Luthor lite. For a show trying to get out of Superman's shadow and make Supergirl her own thing they are really following closely with the Superman storylines.

When was Max Lord a superman villain outside of Sacrifice?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

When was Max Lord a superman villain outside of Sacrifice?

What I mean is that they are turning Lord into Luthor so Supergirl can have her own Luthor as well. The downside is that they are turning Lord into almost a word for word recreation of Luthor (with added Tony Stark and hilariously over the top Randian Protagonist flavours as well*).

*Seriously, Lord had a bit about how the government killed his parents with shoddy oversight so that is why he will never trust the government again, especially in regards to his inventions (one of which is a bloody train).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

redbackground posted:

More of a con-man dick (especially to The Wall), but up until Countdown to Infinite Crisis, not a straight up villain.

Although of course the reveal there was that he'd been a villain the whole time.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Scyantific posted:

Rip Hunter? Time Travel? Brandon Routh should have been Ted Kord so Booster Gold could have been added.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Mr Hootington posted:

Rip Hunter? Time Travel? Brandon Routh should have been Ted Kord so Booster Gold could have been added.

Stop making me sad about things that will never happen.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

bunnyofdoom posted:

It is how I know we live in the wrong stream of Hypertime.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Although of course the reveal there was that he'd been a villain the whole time.
Well yes, but that was dumb.

edit: and stupid.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

Is hooked on the 90s one as a kid. As an adult I think it's kind of unintentionally hilarious.

Christopher Daniel Barnes is the voice of Spider-Man. When I read the comics, that's the voice I hear in my head.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Wheat Loaf posted:

Christopher Daniel Barnes is the voice of Spider-Man. When I read the comics, that's the voice I hear in my head.

He is especially the voice of Newspaper Spider-man

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

redbackground posted:

Well yes, but that was dumb.

edit: and stupid.

Super Buddies forever.

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

bunnyofdoom posted:

I'm almost certain that Palmer and Hunter will be given a similar dynamic, unless they decide to wait and introduce Ted properly after using Kord Industries on every generic box in Arrow.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

greatn posted:

He is especially the voice of Newspaper Spider-man

See, I imagine him as the sixties cartoon Spidey.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Cadavers4Algernon posted:

I'm almost certain that Palmer and Hunter will be given a similar dynamic, unless they decide to wait and introduce Ted properly after using Kord Industries on every generic box in Arrow.

Unlikely. Rip doesn't seem to be a well meaning egotistical buffoon mainly concerned witha quick buck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus, the Jessica Jones thread is moving too drat fast to catch up with.