Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vinnie Jones just got cast as Brick on Arrow, but since it's Arrow and not Flash he won't be a metahuman and instead is just called that because he's been shot multiple times and survived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but the leaked set photos showing zoom, the actor in the suit looked a lot different shape wise than Tom Cavanagh. That combined with Wells talking about keeping the Flash Safe makes me think it might actually end up being Eddie Thawne.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Kingtheninja posted:

This doesn't necessarily mean anything, but the leaked set photos showing zoom, the actor in the suit looked a lot different shape wise than Tom Cavanagh. That combined with Wells talking about keeping the Flash Safe makes me think it might actually end up being Eddie Thawne.

Or Wells could be future Thawne filled with remorse or doing some sort of long con?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I guess it just hasn't been revealed yet, but Wells pretending to be paralysed doesn't really make any sense.

Also one issue I have with the show is revealing him so early on to be a little shifty. I guess shows feel that they need to hook viewers quickly these days, but it just seems kinda cheap to have him doing shifty stuff at the end of the opening two episodes, even if they're going to use it as a misdirect. At the same time, it's obvious that they're going to get rid of Thawne since Iris is Barry's love interest. :v:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

irlZaphod posted:

I guess it just hasn't been revealed yet, but Wells pretending to be paralysed doesn't really make any sense.

When the bodies start dropping it's good to be the guy known for not being able to walk.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, the wheelchair is certainly one way to deflect suspicion when some other guy with super-speed appears. Can't run really fast when your legs are useless, right? (I don't think he's Zoom, but that would be the logic, shored up a little by Stagg wondering how he got in)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah true, I forgot that he kinda revealed to West that he knew Stagg, too (which, in retrospect, also seems silly). I had thought that it seemed a bit of an over the top way of covering his tracks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Boogaleeboo posted:

When the bodies start dropping it's good to be the guy known for not being able to walk.

Also a sympathy thing making it look like he was hurt by the explosion too.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Gotham update: Jim Gordon and Bullock just got beat up by an elderly man jacked up on Bane Venom

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dacap posted:

Gotham update: Jim Gordon and Bullock just got beat up by an elderly man jacked up on Bane Venom

Was there a young lad wearing a fancy coat who watched it happen?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Can't post link now but The Holliwood Reporter has a pretty interesting interview with Robbie Amell where he reveals that Firestorm will debut on December and it will be Barry's enemy, at first at least.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I hope Firestorm has Victor Garber as a giant transparent head hovering around him. :allears:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Can't post link now but The Holliwood Reporter has a pretty interesting interview with Robbie Amell where he reveals that Firestorm will debut on December and it will be Barry's enemy, at first at least.

In episode two of Flash the female STAR employee said that her boyfriend, Ronnie, was killed in the storm. I was wondering if that could be a hint towards Ronnie Raymond or not. Also Prof. Stein has been cast.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Madkal posted:

In episode two of Flash the female STAR employee said that her boyfriend, Ronnie, was killed in the storm. I was wondering if that could be a hint towards Ronnie Raymond or not. Also Prof. Stein has been cast.

I'm not a DC person, but isn't the female STAR employee Caitlan Snow Killer Frost in the comics?

Edit - Just read Wikipedia. I get it now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Medullah posted:

I'm not a DC person, but isn't the female STAR employee Caitlan Snow Killer Frost in the comics?

Edit - Just read Wikipedia. I get it now.

Someone was saying in a thread that the producers said they are not doing that but then why name the character that as opposed to anything else?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Someone was saying in a thread that the producers said they are not doing that but then why name the character that as opposed to anything else?

Why name Felicity Smoak that when she's nothing like the character she's named after? Sometimes a name is just a name and sometimes it's just a reference.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Deadpool posted:

Why name Felicity Smoak that when she's nothing like the character she's named after? Sometimes a name is just a name and sometimes it's just a reference.

See also Ollies KGB ally that has the same name as KGBeast.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, Thawne is one thing because he's Barry's nemesis, but side characters don't mean anything.

Felicity was even going to be a one off guest spot.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I liked how they gave up on making Felicity sorta frumpy nerd girl and put her in skin tight short dresses now. She's still got a pony tail and glasses, so you know she's still an awkward nerd!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I liked how they gave up on making Felicity sorta frumpy nerd girl and put her in skin tight short dresses now. She's still got a pony tail and glasses, so you know she's still an awkward nerd!

I think the glasses and ponytail are a safety measure. She's dangerously gorgeous without them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

I think the glasses and ponytail are a safety measure. She's dangerously gorgeous without them.

Is it weird I think she's more attractive in her Best Buy outfit?

Next week after Agents of Shield they'll be showing the first Age of Ulton Trailer.

Also Mockingbird!!!!

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 22, 2014

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

bobkatt013 posted:

See also Ollies KGB ally that has the same name as KGBeast.

Or Shado. Or Yao Fei.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Some people in TVIV have speculated that Kyle MacLachlan and Skye are Mr. Hyde and Daisy Johnson and after viewing this episode it's starting to make a hell of a lot of sense.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Just refreshed myself, and yea, that makes a lot of sense. With The Doctor being really nuts and violent, but then articulate, makes a good Hyde.

Any idea what the Diviner could be? Old school Jack and Stan names always seem mundane for the MCU, so it could be something we are familiar with. Still holding out hope its the Pyscho-magnetron. But its not a loving infinity gem. I'm so sick of everyone labeling everything one of them. Loki's staff is not the mind gem, but its probably powered by it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

twistedmentat posted:

Just refreshed myself, and yea, that makes a lot of sense. With The Doctor being really nuts and violent, but then articulate, makes a good Hyde.

Any idea what the Diviner could be? Old school Jack and Stan names always seem mundane for the MCU, so it could be something we are familiar with. Still holding out hope its the Pyscho-magnetron. But its not a loving infinity gem. I'm so sick of everyone labeling everything one of them. Loki's staff is not the mind gem, but its probably powered by it.

Maybe this guy: http://marvel.wikia.com/Evil_Eye

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
If Skye is still related to the Kree and/or the Inhumans, I was wondering if her father might be Maximus the Mad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Flash chat: Ahahahahaha Stephen Amell's cousin shows up after being in a different, cancelled, CW show. The Ammels are apparently the television version of the Hemsworths.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Hmm, a device made of an unknown metal with various mysterious powers, that's cool, but also see that it was later used by Prester John, friend of one Dane Whitman, which sorta sounds like Daniel Whitehall! I think you can see what I'm getting at here. :tinfoil:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Flash chat: Ahahahahaha Stephen Amell's cousin shows up after being in a different, cancelled, CW show. The Ammels are apparently the television version of the Hemsworths.

They didn't say his last name on the show but he's playing Ronnie Raymond, aka Firestorm.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

muscles like this? posted:

They didn't say his last name on the show but he's playing Ronnie Raymond, aka Firestorm.

I called it. Even the little inside joke of the girl and Ronnie being like fire and ice.
I don't know how I feel about brainy Ronnie though. Part of the charm of the original Firestorm was that he was just a regular jock and he need Martin Stein's brains to actually control Firestorm.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Morena Baccarin has joined the cast of Gotham as Dr Leslie Thompkins.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

....i want to find fault with this causw it's Gotham but I can't.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

I called it. Even the little inside joke of the girl and Ronnie being like fire and ice.
I don't know how I feel about brainy Ronnie though. Part of the charm of the original Firestorm was that he was just a regular jock and he need Martin Stein's brains to actually control Firestorm.

They cast Stein so it may be that Ronnie just knows about engineering and not particle physics.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

bunnyofdoom posted:

....i want to find fault with this causw it's Gotham but I can't.

Will the show introduce Stephanie Brown and then have Thompson allow her to die, just because. gently caress that storyline.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Dammit, that's the scale tipper, I'm finally curious enough to watch a few episodes.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

So I guess Alfred finally gets over the Wayne's Last Wish being their crippling aversion to the mental health profession

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

She's supposed to be a doctor at Arkham.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Here's a pretty hefty new interview with Geoff Johns where he covers basically every single corner of the DC television universe and a bit about the movies as well. Some interesting bits to get pumped about.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Cardboard Box A posted:

So I guess Alfred finally gets over the Wayne's Last Wish being their crippling aversion to the mental health profession

Bruce never realized because he was too young, but the scuttlebutt around Gotham was that the Wayne family has a long legacy of big donations to the Church of Scientology. :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Uh... So Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Greg Berlanti are making an Archie TV show.

The Twin Peaks comment both intrigues (Archie's been pretty good at reaching outside it's comfort zone lately) and worries me, considering well... it could end up ACTUALLY competing with Twin Peaks' third season.