Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

Hahaha, his origin is "I was working on a teleportation device when a dramatic accident occurred.....at which point I spazzed my way into the middle of a totally-unrelated gravity experiment and got zapped."

That's awesome. I hope the writer did it that way to intentionally make fun of the lab accident trope.

I also like how at first he just uses his powers to gently caress with his coworkers. Honestly, that's the first thing I'd do, too.

Billy Idle fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

Urdnot Fire posted:

The problem with Dean Norris and Chiklis is that they're both 5' 7''.

It would be like casting 6' 1" John Rhys-Davies as a dwarf.

(No but really, I agree it would become pretty tiresome to have to rely on forced perspective and alternating shots just to have your big imposing villain character not look like a shrimp on television.)

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

greatn posted:

I really haven't noticed that many quips honestly.

It's a Whedon show, people will accuse it of being nothing but quips in Joss Whedon's voice regardless of the actual reality.

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

I'll never get over the super slick matte SUV's in Agents having S.h.i.e.l.d. right on the side.

S.H.I.E.L.D.'s never been one for subtlety.

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009
Josh Keaton has probably the best Young Spidey voice I've ever heard.

For Adult Spidey I've got to give it to Christopher Daniel Barnes, though. I don't know if it's just nostalgia because it's the cartoon I grew up with, but eh.

(NPH was pretty good, too, even though his cartoon sucked.)

Billy Idle fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Nov 22, 2013

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009
And now there's a lovely replacement series that will be allowed to run for another 52 episodes. A sort of...new 52, you might say.

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009
As a general rule nothing film and television execs worry about ever has anything to do with the reality we live in. Their job is basically just thinking of things people will like, which is incredibly trivial and easy for anyone to do, so the only way to distinguish themselves and get promoted is by being wrong all the time in increasingly creative ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Idle
Sep 26, 2009

Heathen posted:

And yet Marvel was willing to give FOX an extension on the Daredevil franchise in exchange for Galactus and Silver Surfer.

This is called "negotiation."