Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Brother Giles

Giles is seated at a corner table, eyeing the rest of the crowd with a mix of curiosity and suspicion. He stirs the wooden bowl of steaming hot broth slowly, glancing at each one in turn. These seemed like worthy, if not entirely trustworthy, traveling companions.

Augustia (+) - 1
Mier'Dames (+) - 5
Meyas (-) - 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Giles

Giles joins the other group, wiping the last remains of stew from his mouth.

"Aye, this sounds like a good thing. The people've got enough concerns without having to worry about a pack of kobold filth on top of it. I say we do this."

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Giles

Giles peers over Nate's shoulder as he removes the thunderstone, raising his eyebrows in surprise when he realizes the purpose of it.

"Huh. Looks like someone doesn't want us poking around this damp shithole. Better stay alert."

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

(OOC: Sorry, work schedule and time zone issues made me miss the start of combat. Making my turn now, you can decide whether it happens right now or when it's my turn to act on this second round.)

Giles

Giles rushes through the door, the last one to enter the fray. As he spots the kobold archers readying their bows, he curses under his breath and lashes out with his right arm, a silvery bolt of energy darting through the air towards the kobolds.

The bolt hits the creature square in the chest with a sizzling thud, shattering most of its ribs in the process.

Javelin of Faith vs. one of the archer kobolds. 1d20+WIS+Level vs. PD = 23! Natural 20, baby! :dance:

Damage = 8, x2 for crit for a grand total of 16!

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Giles

Giles reaches out and releases another bolt of energy towards the closest of the kobold warriors attacking Shakti. The kobold is just repositioning himself for another attack, however, and the bolt passes harmlessly by him into the cave wall beyond.

Javelin of Faith on closest kobold warrior. d20+WIS+Level vs. PD = 13. A miss.

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Oct 23, 2013

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Doomsayer posted:

Sadly, kobolds don't take damage on a miss, making them the clearly superior horde among all the various little green men to be thrown at budding heroes.

Didn't know that.

My next character is totally going to be a kobold warrior. :v:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Giles

Giles raises an eyebrow

"Right...a divine messenger in the shape of a small rodent."

He shrugs.

"Still. Not the strangest thing I've seen. I figure it's telling the truth. Besides, it's obviously no friend of the kobolds."

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Giles

Giles tightens his grip around the shaft of his spear, knuckles whitening as he takes in the horrific surroundings.

"What th...by the grace of all the Gods, what is this?"

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Doomsayer posted:

Gonna go ahead and take Koba's turn since I'm gonna go to bed here in a sec.

Yeah, sorry. My internet access is going to be very limited during the rest of the week, so feel free to take my turns for me so the fight doesn't get slowed down. Just assume Giles will mostly act as support, aiding the front line fighters with protections and stuff, only closing to melee if there's no other option.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Giles

Giles has watched the entire scene play out with clenched teeth, not uttering a single word. Once the carts start moving down the road, he grabs Ziria's shoulder and points at them.

"Let's hit them while they're unprepared. If we can surprise them and free the prisoners while they're still on the road, we'll all be long gone before they realize something's wrong."

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Sounds good to me.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Giles

Giles spits on the ground as soon as Elfa leaves the group.

"There. That's what I think of 'Circadian law'.", he mutters quietly.

"Still. Best keep our heads down. We're on the just side here, but that won't help us or all these people if we get caught. Let's lay low for a while, see what fate has in store for us."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

I'm going to have to bow out of this one. Not happy about it, but there's a lot of real-life issues going on right now - imminent unemployment being the major one. At the moment, I'm feeling I can't give this LP the time and dedication it deserves. Best of luck to you guys, and hopefully I'll get to see some of you in future LP's.

• Locked thread