Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis sits back, sipping at a drink and ordering a small meal. After a moment he speaks up. "Indeed a few days rest as one waits for the weather to clear is a small matter."

Relationship Rolls:
Augustia: 4,3
Touzicon: 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis joins the others, hearing the last bit. "Well we can hardly go anywhere with the weather like this. Clearing out some kobolds can keep us from going soft as we rest on our laurels."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis looks to the others. Then speaks. "Well I am up for it. What about the rest of you?"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis glances at Zira. "Ah yes a good idea." He lifts a hand and after a moment a perfect sphere of force glides out of his hand. The nearly transparent sphere quickly lights up with but a thought, providing a nice crisp light in a thirty foot diameter around Dynamis.

"That should help a bit as well."

Looks like the spell lasts 10-60 minutes, plus 10 minutes per level. The DM rolls it, so probably 1d6x10+10 minutes, and lets me know a few minutes before it is about to expire. It is good light to see by but not strong enough to dazzle anyone or send underworld dwellers into seizures.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Hmm looking at the Wizard Spell List, Utility Spell, Cantrips and Ritual sections not seeing anything like Endure Elements. Our spells don't really create heat. I guess if I had Fireball and a few hours I could maybe do a Ritual for Endure Elements.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis click his heel as if coming to attention. He lifts both hands, pointed toward the strongest surviving kobolds, the warlords if both survived the others' attentions, and out of each palm another semi transparent sphere of force emerges before streaking toward the two kobold.

Each sphere of force ignores any barriers, shuffling fighters, or attempts to evade, before striking true.

"That should help a bit as well."

Initiative (Quick to Act) 2d20k1+2 22

Magic Missile split between two strongest looking kobold 1d4; 1d4 2 and 4 Force damage respectively.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I took 6 damage right? why did I lose 14 hit points then?

Dynamis

Dynamis changes tactics as a pair of kobolds retaliate. He turns one hand toward one of the bowmen kobold, and two small spheres of force oozes out of his hand and fire of at one of the ranged kobolds.

Magic Missile split between two strongest looking kobold 2d4 2 Force damage.

Wow Giles did 16 damage to one of the mooks, so that takes out 2 of them, and almost a third. If the two ranged ones were the ones he killed then my Magic Missile would be against the almost dead one.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis glances to the light over Rythin, and then his own light, and to the torch. Well even if it wasn't metaphorical they are doing pretty well on the light angle.

The talk of bringing a barrel of oil to fight trap happy kobolds does not exactly fill him with comfort. Still if they really wanted to. "If you wish to bring the barrel of oil just please stay far away from me. And perhaps from any lit torches."

As they continue on things begin to look more and more suspicious. And then a fire up ahead, it seemed something else was here after all. And the oil is all the more dangerous.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

A few semi-transparent spheres of force float above Dynamis' hand as he watches the meeting between his fellow and the kobolds. But for the moment it seems things are alright. So he slips from cover and follows the others up the ladder. Though they came to clean out the area of kobolds it may pay to hold off for the moment.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

"Perhaps. But how could we not try to stop it?"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis raises his hand, a few small spheres of nearly transparent force escape his hand and unerringly shoot toward the weird man.

Magic Missile at Weird Guy 2d4 7 Force damage.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis contemplates producing more small spheres of force to fling at the weird person but holds off. He sees the lack of success the group has largely been having and realizes it may be best to help one of them survive longer.

Instead he closes his eyes, waving his hand through the air as if pulling aside a veil, and then Ziria begins to blur around the edges. The blur intensifies until it becomes a little difficult to tell just where she is standing. Dynamis once more opens his eyes.

Using one of my two prepared Blur daily spells. For the rest of the battle attacks against Ziria have a 20% miss chance.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

The Weird Man seems to be on his last legs, despite all his arrogant talk. Dynamis produces a few more small spheres of force then he sends them flying into the Weird Man's eye, corresponding with the one he ripped from Rythin.

Magic Missile vs Weird Guy Eyeripper 2d4 5 Force damage

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 9, 2013

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis eyes the device, and its strange magic, and thinks back on his experiences both with magic and war.

Rolling my War Wizard background for info on the device. 1d20+4+4+ 18

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis looks to Rythin, a few small spheres of force float out of his open hand before he responds. "I have my missiles that can strike unerringly, yet I can only split them among two targets at the moment and individually they are not all that powerful. When the ebb and flow of magic is just right I can release an attack on a small group's minds. But I don't have any large scale battle stuff at the moment."

He then looks to Shakti. "I am not sure if I could be called swift and fleet, nor am I heavily armored. Yet I can support from a distance either with unerring shots or when the time is right the ability to weaken some of the enemy."

Then he looks at Ziria, "but at the least I can do is provide one person with a bit of a defense. For five minutes or so I can blur one's image so that they are harder to hit. As I did in the last battle."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis looks on from afar, not sure what they are trying to do. Nor is he sure they can talk their way out of this. He watches the man hold something suspicious, and he wonders if he could just hit that weapon instead of the person holding it. Of course he is not sure if the weapon might erupt in a magical explosion that could take out the captives.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis looks at the devastation for a moment. Remembering many scenes that were somewhat similar. But that had been war, not this. It is such a pity. But Meyas' people had gone too far. He turned away as someone brought up a plan. He listens then nods.

"Yes. That sounds like a plan."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis follows along, planning to go along with the motions if everyone orders some beer. But then there is talk about some trouble, secret trouble, and he looks to Rythin, curious about what the matter is.

Relationship Rolls:
Augustia: 1,2
Touzicon: 1

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis raises an eyebrow at Shakti's cautioning admonition. Well it is possible the creatures do not mean harm, though it seems likely that they are the cause of the commotion.

Picked up the Adventurer feat for Color Spray for my Incremental Advance.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis
HP: 27/27. AC 13. PD 13. MD 15.

Well that is a lot of rodent, and not so much in the sense of a lot of rodents but simply a few really big rats. Dynamis wishes that he had prepared something a little more appropriate to the occasion, but he hasn't really recalled enough of his self to his body to pull off any big guns. Still he lifts his hand and a pair of small semi-transparent spheres of force appear and then zip toward the biggest of the rats.

Man that is a lot of hp out there. And here I am plinging away with 2d4 damage a round.

Magic Missile at biggest rat 2d4 4 Force damage.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 13, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis raises his hand and another group of small spheres of force appear and streak toward the largest rat.

Magic Missile at biggest rat 2d4 5 Force damage.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis walks down to the others. The matter seems to have been settled, and without a massive battle. He comes down in time to hear the tail-end of the conversation. Reality Wrinkle? And yeah it might be a good idea for the bitten to deal with the possible injection, wouldn't do for them to transform and lose their minds to go on a murderous rampage.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

"Closed really?" Dynamis lifts his hand, palm up, and a few small spheres of transparent force begin to coalesce there. "Perhaps it is time you open up." The spheres streak forward and unerringly hit the otyugh.

Magic Missile at Oyugh 2d4 4 Force damage.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Another set of spheres appear above Dynamis's hand and once more go streaking toward the otyugh. As the battle continues energies build up within him, soon he will be able to release something a bit more widespread.

I assume the Escalation Die is now at 1.
Magic Missile at Oyugh 2d4 6 Force damage.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis once more holds his hand out, but the spheres appearing now coruscate in all the colors of the rainbow. Numerous tiny, tiny, spheres. Each multi-hued. The he reaches out toward any remaining Meat Puppets and the Otyugh, and unleashes a spray of the colorful spheres catching as much as four targets in the spray.

I assume the Escalation Die is now at 2. So I can use my Cyclic spell as an at will and not lose it.
Color Spray number of targets 1d4 4
Color Spray vs MD of Meat Puppets and Otyugh 4#1d20+5 14, 21, 23, 12 for 2d8 11 Psychic damage, and anything that was hit and is now at 10 hp or less is weakened until the end of my next turn.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis sends forth another group of tiny transparent spheres of force, needing to wait for the energy to build up again for the multicolored ones. With any luck he will get the Otyugh to let go, or die.

Magic Missile 2d4 5

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis responds. "This seems to be a set up, in all likelihood the Baron himself works for Meyas and set this up to force our hand. We will have to show him the error of his ways. Dynamis once more calls forth a group of tiny transparent spheres of force he takes a moment to decide on a target before sending them toward the Guard Lieutenant.

Magic Missile 2d4 4

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis
HP: 21/27. AC 13. PD 13. MD 15. Recoveries 8/8

Dynamis shouts back. "No assassins here! Just heroes who fought off the forces of Meyas! And don't approve of executing the innocent! No this looks too much a set up, either someone has lied to your Baron, or he works for Meyas himself!" Dynamis isn't really happy being up close and personal with the Guard Lieutenant. Dynamis reaches out and touches the Guard Lieutenant's armor and releases a small surge of electricity that forces him back. Then he looks for somewhere he can move so that it would be more difficult for the Guard Lieutenant or another of the soldiers to reach him.

Shocking Grasp vs PD of Guard LT (Evocation to max damage) 1d20+5 20 for 4 lightning damage and the Guard LT pops free from me.

Try to move somewhere where the Guard LT, or any other enemies, would have to go through our beefier members to engage me again.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Feb 24, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis doesn't bother to expend the energy to regather his form. Instead he quickly follows Elfa toward the castle. "Come along now."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis blinks as he witnesses Sidnae kick Nate in the face. "What are you doing? The enemy is that way." He points toward Lord Shannon, or what was once Lord Shannon, sending a few tiny transparent spheres of force from the tip of his finger to zip unerringly toward the creature.

Magic Missile at Lord Shannon 2d4 5

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 10, 2014

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
I am now back should Dynamis's turn come up again, but yeah he would have used Color Spray on the Escalation Die 4 round.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis
HP: 13/27. AC 13. PD 13. MD 15. Recoveries 8/8

Dynamis shakes his head, dazed, but if nothing else he is clear enough to produce another set of force spheres which he then sends unerringly toward Baron Landon. He may not be able to aim well, but these magic missiles do not need to be aimed!

Magic Missile at Baron Landon 2d4 4

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis
HP: 36/36. AC 14. PD 14. MD 16. Recoveries 8/8

Dynamis agrees that getting to Circadia as soon as possible is paramount, and so follows along south.

Icon rolls: Augustia (Positive 2), Touzicon (Negative 1)
Augustia: 2, 6
Touzicon: 3

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis stares at the van for a moment. Clearly unclear on what is going on, but he just so happens to have prepared something for just this sort of occurrence. Dynamis lifts his hand, curling his fingers a bit as if holding something long and thin. Soon a swirl of green energy, unusual for Dynamis, gathers between his fingers and coalesces into a single arrow.

He lifts his hand, sights along it and blows upon it. It launches quickly and strikes the strange Van soundly, and soon begins eating through the metal carapace that houses whatever strange spirit animates it.

Acid Arrow vs Van's PD 1d20+6 26 Natural 20! for 4d10 25 50 Acid Damage, and 5 Ongoing Acid Damage.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis's follow up attack is far less impressive. A small set of tiny transparent spheres once more appear in his palm and launch toward the Van. Maybe peeling a little paint, maybe.

Magic Missile at Van 2d4 3 Force Damage

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis can feel the ebb and flow of his magic reach a particularly potent point. He extends his hands and a swirl of colored spheres appear, each much like a small bubble of rainbow film, unlike the usual transparent force spheres. He then reaches out and unleashes a torrent of these colorful spheres toward the remaining troops. All but one fall under the onslaught. And it is possible that the bubbles have sapped that one's strength. Or perhaps not.

Color Spray number of targets 1d4 3
Color Spray vs MD of Meyas Troops 3#1d20+6+2 24, 21, 20 for 2d8 12 Psychic damage each. Any that live with 15 hp or less are weakened. ... Yeah no idea how that works with mooks and overflow damage.

That should put the troops at one left with 8 hp. I believe.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis dusts himself off, though luckily he avoided any direct contact with the van or anything of the sort. "Yes that would be a good idea. Anyone able to get Nate back on his feet in a hurry?"

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

The strange construct is interesting, but all the same Dynamis is quite happy to get out of it when they stop. A bit of a walk to their destination is a small price to pay for not taking the thing into a crowded area, or riding in it any longer than necessary.

As it is finally time for the group to speak Dynamis stands back behind Ziria, leaving the talking to her for now.

Icon rolls: Augustia (Positive 2), Touzicon (Negative 1) 6,1 for Augustia, 1 for Touzicon

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis keeps a stony face at the comment about more powerful than some wizards they have seen. Though he does take a little affront at it. Sadly it is probably true at the moment. He has really not gotten all of his power to bubble up quite right yet.

"The deal sounds good to me, but of course it depends on how my companions feel about the matter."

War Wizard to try and remember what I may have heard about the Hegemony, and Arcarlaid, while on the battlefield 1d20+4+4+2 16

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Dynamis

Dynamis is impressed at the name of Arcarlaid. He has a great deal of respect for so capable a warrior, though her methods of fighting are quiet different from his own. He glances at the others then speaks up. "I cannot speak for my friends but I have a preference for investigating the reports of enemy scouts. Then again if there is anything more you can tell us about the sensitive issue that may change things."

• Locked thread