Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
King Skullguy

King Skullguy yells out "Lets go to the forest! I am a fan of trees. You can cut them down and sell the wood for money!"

Hey guys, sorry it took so long for me to post. I didn't abandon you guys. My laptop died and I haven't been able to get on the forums for a few days.

pre:
King Skullguy, King of The Skull Guy Tribe
Orc Witch 3 (Scarred Witch Doctor)
Neutral Evil

Str: 18 / +4 (14 + 4 racial)
Dex: 11 / +0
Con: 18 / +4
Int: 12 / +1 (14 - 2 racial)
Wis: 6 / -2 (8 - 2 racial)
Cha: 7 / -2 (9 - 2 racial)

HP: (3d6+4+4+4)
AC: 11 (+1 from armored kilt)
FF: 11; Touch: 10

BAB: +1
CMB: +5; CMD: +15

Greataxe
To Hit: +5
Damage: 1d12+4

Javelin
To Hit: -2
Damage: 1d6+4

Fort: +5
Ref: +1
Will: +1

Size: Medium
Speed: 30

Racial Traits:
Ferocity: Orcs possess the ferocity ability which allows them to remain conscious and 
continue fighting even if their hit point totals fall below 0. Orcs are still staggered 
at 0 hit points or lower and lose 1 hit point each round as normal.

Weapon Familiarity: Orcs are always proficient with greataxes and falchions, and treat any weapon with the word “orc” in its name as a martial weapon.

Darkvision 60ft

Dayrunner: Orcs refuse to yield to any foe, including the sun. 
Some spend hour upon hour glaring at the sun until their ruined eyes acclimatize 
to bright light. Orcs with this racial trait take a –2 penalty on all ranged attack rolls. 
This racial trait replaces light sensitivity.

Languages: Orc, Common, Goblin

Class Abilities:
Constitution Dependent: Use Con in place of anything a witch would normally use Int for
Fetish Mask: Familiar replaced with wooden mask. +2 to Heal and Intimidate while wearing.
Scar Shield: bonus of half my level to AC for a number of minutes equal to my level
Patron: Transformation

Hexes:
Cackle: Spend move action to increase duration of any agony hex, charm hex, evil eye hex, fortune hex, or misfortune hex by 1 round
Evil Eye: The target takes a –2 penalty on one of the following (witch’s choice): AC, ability checks, attack rolls, saving throws, 
or skill checks. This hex lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the witch’s Intelligence modifier. A Will save reduces this to 
just 1 round. 
Misfortune: Target must reroll every ability check, attack roll, saving throw, or skill check and take the worse result. Will save negates.
Slumber:  A witch can cause a creature within 30 feet to fall into a deep, magical sleep, as per the spell sleep. 
The creature receives a Will save to negate the effect. If the save fails, the creature falls asleep for a number 
of rounds equal to the witch’s level. This hex can affect a creature of any HD

Spells Per Day: Level 0: 4; Level 1: 3; level 2: 2

Spells Known
Level 0: All
Level 1: Burning Hands, Enlarge Person, Summon Monster I, 
Web Bolt, Mage Armor, Cure Light Wounds, Inflict Light Wounds, 
Jump, Delay Disease, Mud Ball, Ray of Enfeeblement
Level 2: Vomit Swarm, Enemy's Heart

Feats:
Level 1: Combat Casting
Trait Feat: Extra Hex-Cackle
Level 3: Extra Hex-Slumber

Skills:

Skill
Acrobatics:          0
Appraise:            +1
Bluff:               -2
Climb:               +4
Craft:               +1
Diplomacy:           -2
Disable Device:      --
Disguise:            -2
Escape Artist:       0
Fly:                 0
Handle Animal:       --
Heal:                0
Intimidate:          +6 (3 ranks + class - 2 + 2 from mask)
Kn Arcana:           +5 (1 rank + int + class)
Kn History:          +5 (1 rank + int + class)
Perception:          0 (2 ranks -wis)
Perform:             -2
Ride:                0
Sense Motive:        -2
Sleight of Hand:     --
Spellcraft:          +5 (1 ranks + int + class)
Stealth:             +3 (3 ranks)
Survival:            -2
Swim:                +4
UMD:                 --

Equipment:
On-hand equipment:
15 Javelins                        30lbs / 15g
Greataxe+hollow pommel             12lbs/ 25g
Armored Kilt                       10lbs/ 20g
Witch's Kit                        21lbs/ 21g
10 weapon cords                    ---/ 1g
4 Wrist Sheath, Spring loaded      4lbs/ 20g
Potion of Invisibility             ---/ 300g
Potion of Spider Climb             ---/ 300g
Potion of Bear's Endurance         ---/ 300g
Masterwork Backpack                4lbs/ 50g
2 Daggers                          2lbs/ 4g

Other Possessions
100 Chickens                       2g
20 cows                            200g
10 goats                           10g
10 pigs                            30g
4 Oxen                             60g
1 Heavy Wagon                      100g
10lbs of tobacco                   5g
80lbs of salt                      400g
20lbs of pepper                    40g
20lbs coffee beans                 1g
20 Bear Traps                      40g / 200lbs
3 Tent, pavilion                   300g
20 bedrolls                        2g
                                 Total cost: 2152g

Gold: 3848g

El Fappo fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
King Skullguy confers with his tribe for a moment, then returns to the group.

"Okay my tribe wants to go underground, but that's stupid. How about we go to the forest or the Darklands or that Behemoth's Basin place? Those sound good and safe to me."

1st: Black Forest
2nd: Darklands
3rd: Behemoth's Basin

Suddenly, he jumps up, startled.
"HOLY poo poo DOES THAT HORSE TALK?!" He screams, pointing at the unicorn.

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"My people don't have any special diet. We just eat normal food. Except for Larry; he's got a problem with gluten, whatever that is." He says, motioning to one of his tribe.

"As much as I hate relying on the weak and frail races, I believe the dryad has the right idea. We need to find a reliable source of fresh water so we can establish a proper base before we run into any pirates. I'd prefer that we have a few tricks up our sleeves before attempting any diplomacy or starting a small war."

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"I vote we head east along this coast until we find a river? Who's with me?"

He turns towards his tribe, "Men! Set up the tents while I'm gone!"

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"What? Animals don't have feelings! Orcs, do whatever it takes to build a fence!"

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Okay, men! Now you can set up the tents."

With that out of the way, King Skullguy grabs a chicken and murders it with his axe.

To hit: 1d20+5 24
Axe damage: 1d12+4 11

"There, now we should be safe."

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

Skullguy stands for half an hour just staring up into the trees, his face twisted up in concentration. He looks as if he's on the verge of an aneurysm.

Suddenly, he looks like he's finally formed a coherent thought.

"GUYS! What if we build our camp in the trees themselves? A treetop fortress would keep us safe from most land-based predators. We'd only have to worry about insects and birds and maybe dragons or whatever. I dunno, I've never been in a jungle before! I should write this down and file it under 'long-term goals'!"

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Try not to disturb the magic trees and poo poo when you build the fence, guys. Those Dryads scare me. Otherwise, go nuts!"

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012

Scored this rad, poorly-colored drawing of my dude.
King Skullguy, King of the Skullguys

"Guys how about we check out this cave over here tonight? It seems safe enough. Unless you wanna head back."

pre:
Spells Prepared Today:

level 0:
Daze
Detect Magic
Stabilize
Touch of Fatigue

level 1:
Mage Armor
Burning hands
Web Bolt

Level 2:
Vomit Swarm
Enemy's Heart

El Fappo fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Nov 6, 2013

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

Realizing there's something magical going on that he's missing out on, Skullguy casts his own Detect Magic spell, and tries to figure out what all the fuss is about.

Spellcraft: 1d20+5 6

"I don't see why you guys are being such babies about this. It's just an old arcane mark. Probably left here by some idiot cultists before they all got eaten by chupacabras or something."

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Well if you're all scared of a little sigil, I guess it's up to me to check it out."

Skullguy approaches the mark while trying to figure out what the big deal is.

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20+5 12

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

Skullguy was told to investigate, and he's gonna try his hardest to do it.

"Okay so we've got a magic problem. This thing is magic. I'm magic. Szandra, you're magic. Lets butt our heads against this problem until it's solved. If this is all being caused by abnormally overlapping magical auras, let's introduce a couple more of those into the picture. Worst case scenario: the arcane energies somehow stabilize whatever this is. Or we die. Who knows! Also there's some weird writing on this thing that I can't read BUT WHO CARES LETS DO THIS!"

Skullguy casts Daze, Touch of Fatigue, and Stabilize on the eye, hoping for a response.

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy is going to think back and try to remember if this eye symbol has any history of use on our group's home plane.

Knowledge (History): 1d20+5 8

Probably not.

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"So do you think they're edible?"

Survival to check the plants: 1d20-2 15

Does Skullguy think they're edible?

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Well guys I'm pretty hungry. I think I should get something in my stomach before my blood sugar gets too low and makes me cranky!"

and with that, King Skullguy is going to grab a handful of some plants and eat them.

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"I'M SORRY! IT SEEMED LIKE A GREAT IDEA AT THE TIME!"

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Yeah, thanks Zoka. That was one of the dumbest things I've ever done, and I do A LOT of dumb things! But yeah, we should build a fire and camp out for the night. We can use all these weapon cords I've got as fuel for our fire. I have the strangest feeling that they're not all that useful anymore. As for keeping watch, would you guys mind if I don't take the first shift? That dumb magic grass made me tired. Hey I bet we could make a fortune selling it as a sleep-aid!"

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"So are we sleeping here in the magical and potentially dangerous vegetation, or over in the probably magical and definitely dangerous jungle?"

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Finally, a beast worthy of my time! Would the little sweetie pie like some food?"

Skullguy pulls out a day's worth of rations from his Witch's Kit and places them in front of the cat, gesturing carefully towards it.

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"He's right! These rations are terrible! What a fool I have been all this time! He's some kind of magical beast, so he needs a magical feast!"

Skullguy offers the little guy his Potion of Bear's Endurance.

He turns to Uruvi and asks, "What, afraid of a little catfight? Hahahaha!"

Orcs aren't the greatest at puns.

El Fappo fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Dec 6, 2013

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Claim to be king? Claim to be king?! I AM their king. You think I like having this stupid name? Of course not, but that's how it works. Old king dies, Orcs fight, winner is the new king, and the new king gets a new name. Whatever. If you're afraid of a little pack of displacer beasts," Skullguy puts on a look of mock fright, "then I guess we'll just not adopt a free cat. I HOPE WE GET MICE!"

"I'm sorry, little kitty, but I guess the unicorn hates all of us 'evil' and 'wicked' creatures. Looks like you don't get to be vice-king of the orcs today! Sorry! Maybe next time!"

El Fappo fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Dec 6, 2013

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"OH HEY WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT! Hey little guy. Who's a pretty kitty? You are!" Skullguy says as he scratches the displacer beast behind the ears.

"OH WHAT WONDERS WE HAVE PERCEIVED TODAY! THE ORC MAKES A FRIEND AND THE UNICORN WANTS US TO AVOID IT! OH HOW THE TABLES HAVE TURNED!" He shouts, gesticulating wildly while still making sure the displacer beast does not fall.

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Okay you were probably right about this little cutie's family tracking us down and slaughtering us. So here's what we do. Tonight when we make camp, we make sure that I'm sleeping on the side of the group facing where we've come from. That way if they track us down, they'll find me first and see friendship and their hearts will melt and then we'll have SEVERAL displacer beast friends instead of just one. Alright?"

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Right. Me and my new buddy will sleep at the mouth of the cave, so I can make more friends. I don't see why everyone has to be a baby about this."

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

Skullguy trundles to the mouth of the cave. He pulls a bedroll out of his witch's kit, lays down on it, and uses his Sleep hex on himself to give himself 3 rounds of magical sleep, hoping it will ease him into a good night's rest.

will save against own hex: 1d20+1 12

He fails his save, ensuring he gets at least 18 seconds of sleep tonight.

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Who am I? I'm King Skullguy, King of the Skullguys. Now please take your stupid boot off my stupid chest, guy. You got a problem with Orcs sleeping in caves? You don't own this cave! Unless you do. Hi, what's your name?"

Are my arms being held down or are they free? This could be important.

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Yeah I usually don't put myself to sleep with magic, but there was a unicorn and some other creatures who were really bothering me. I'm new around here. My tribe came here after our homeland was destroyed. It's a pretty interesting story, you see. The world started flooding and the- hold on, I had a displacer beast with me. Did you see where it went? It was just a little guy and I don't know what I would do if I lost him. He owes me money for the potion I fed him."

El Fappo fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 12, 2013

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

Err, if Waador's okay with that it's fine KittyEmpress, but you seem to have skipped actually confirming that crit. Also, and not as important but technically how it works, you only double flat numbers. A crit just modifies the number of dice rolled, it doesn't double the damage of your initial roll. So a successful crit in this case would be 4d8 + 16, not 2d8 doubled + 16.

edit: Also, and not related to the above, could someone toss me a link to the IRC host? I've switched computers and don't remember what it was.

irc.freenode.net #ftno

Edit: Is my current situation happening at the same time as the murderbeast fight? Or is it slightly in the future?

El Fappo fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 18, 2013

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Yeah an infant displacer beast owes me money. It voluntarily consumed a potion worth a lot of money. I'm an orc, not a charity. Did you see him? He was right here when I went to sleep. And yeah, the unicorn isn't native. It migrated here with me. There was also a dryad, a skeleton, some weird elf thing, and their respective tribes. It's all very confusing and improbable, but it happened." Suddenly, Skullguy has a thought. After wincing slightly from the headache, he asks "Wait! Are there MORE of you here? And do you have anything to do with the weird eye-shaped rune thing I saw out in the hills? I tried using magic on it to see what would happen, but nothing happened and it's been bothering me all day. Usually when I cast a spell, something will happen."

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Oh so you're dead. Yeah that clears up a lot of questions I had." Skullguy finally stands up and grabs his axe. "Let's go see if I activated it! Can you leave this cave or are you haunting it? I don't know how ghosts work."

Skullguy starts walking out of the cave, looks over his shoulder, and shouts "COME ON BUDDY! WE'VE GOT A MISSION!"

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Great. Terrific. Well, tell me whatever it is that you're holding back. You know more than I do right now. Don't hold back on me, guy. I can be a powerful ally, because I still have a physical body. Let me in on some information and I'll be happy to do some things for you in the waking world."

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Well I'm an Orcish witch-king. Let the possibilities sink in. You tell me where your corpse is and someday I might have enough power to resurrect you. That'd be pretty great. As for what I want... How long ago did you die? Do you know anything about any good treasure on this island? Know anything about the pirates? Or a safe place to start building a civilization?"

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"That all sounds good. I guess living underground or in a cave would suit my people well. That treasure thing you said caught my attention, though. Help me out, here. What do you need out of the vault and what do I do with it when I find it? And if I find your corpse, can I have your things? I was going to steal everything on this island that isn't bolted down anyway, but since I ran into you I might as well ask your position on all of it."

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"So just find this crown and give it to your sacred order? That was your mission? Buddy, it sounds to me like your friends tricked you. They probably just got fed up and sent you on a wild goose chase to get you out of their hair. That's awful."

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Yeah I'll go find your crown. I've got to get my people settled into the island first, though. After we get secure I'll definitely look for the crown." Skullguy looks around the cave and sighs.

"I wonder why my lazy pals haven't come looking for me yet."

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

Skullguy skulks 15 feet deeper into the cave and attempts to hide.

Stealth to hide in the cave: 1d20+3 14

Fantastic.

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

Skullguy decides this is probably important, and carves a small reminder into his forearm. He tries to remember if this is some kind of magic thing.

Knowledge(arcana): 1d20+6 24

Then he hides and waits for whatever coward seeks to charge into this cave. Whatever it is, they're definitely looking for a fight.

El Fappo fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 16, 2014

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

Skullguy leaps out from the darkness. "Skeleton! You're just in time! I found a ghost in here and he said something about treasure and a god's crown! We need to find it!"

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"Ugh, fine. Just help me remember where this cave is later. These statues would go great in front of a throne."

Skullguy follows Szandra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Fappo
Dec 26, 2012
Skullguy

"What the heck were you guys up to while I napped?"

• Locked thread