Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Well the new issue is out, and it's a sort of dual-personality thing. The way I read it, it seems to strongly imply that this is at least not an Asgardian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Definitely not. I love the dual personality thing. It's a gimmick but it's a fun one.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Hakkesshu posted:

Well the new issue is out, and it's a sort of dual-personality thing. The way I read it, it seems to strongly imply that this is at least not an Asgardian.

The lady with the hammer has met Dario and is from Earth. It's Roz.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Don't know how I missed that, but yeah, that seems to be the case.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Were the Avengers frozen off screen or did I just miss it? Either way "Every established hero has fallen and only the new character can save them!" has always been a bad way to introduce anybody, it reads like bad fan-fiction and sours of swaths of people against the character.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

SirDan3k posted:

Were the Avengers frozen off screen or did I just miss it? Either way "Every established hero has fallen and only the new character can save them!" has always been a bad way to introduce anybody, it reads like bad fan-fiction and sours of swaths of people against the character.

And to top it off it's already pulled off 'losing the hammer.'

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wanderer posted:

But was able to breathe on the moon in a dress somehow. That will probably be addressed.

SirDan3k posted:

Haven't you been paying attention? Not a new character. That's Thor.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

But was able to breathe on the moon in a dress somehow. That will probably be addressed.

They didn't specify where on the moon Mjolnir landed, but since the events surrounding it was the death of The Watcher, chances are it was somewhere in that blue spot with oxygen.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

SirDan3k posted:

Let me know when you find someone that actually bothers enough to drop the book.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Wanderer posted:

Yeppppp. Roz was my strong guess based on instinct, but there was no real evidence in #1. #2, definitely.

I dug this issue, and the way Aaron's actually using thought bubbles interestingly. In terms of "new character takes," it's a hell of a lot better than anything spinning out of Axis. Also, the art isn't the giant letdown I assumed it would be after Ribic. Dauterman can draw some crazy-great frost giants.

onefish fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Nov 20, 2014

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
#3 was loaded with some great action. Dauterman's art is perfectly suited for exploding frost giants and frost giant skulls. I'm not exactly looking forward to a "hero vs. hero" story next issue, but Aaron has scarcely disappointed me yet in his run.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I didn't like the writing in this issue very much. Roxxon story feels like it's getting long in the tooth already, and there was way too much dialogue with nothing important being said.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kull the Conqueror posted:

#3 was loaded with some great action. Dauterman's art is perfectly suited for exploding frost giants and frost giant skulls. I'm not exactly looking forward to a "hero vs. hero" story next issue, but Aaron has scarcely disappointed me yet in his run.

If new Thor is anyone that's been guessed, the fight won't last long, Odinson will figure out who it is, or New Thor will reveal themselves pretty quick.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I like how one of the powers the hammer bestows is apparently lipstick.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
It's important to look your best going into battle so if you die you'll leave behind a good looking corpse.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

First Bass posted:

I like how one of the powers the hammer bestows is apparently lipstick.
To be fair, hammerless Thor looks like he's really hurting for some conditioner.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
It might be a She-Hulk style effect where it at least partially picks up on how you imagine yourself.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Nevvy Z posted:

It might be a She-Hulk style effect where it at least partially picks up on how you imagine yourself.

There might be something to that. Beta Ray Bill really only got Thor clothes when he first changed. He wasn't expecting it, so it was a big "The gently caress?!?" moment. He didn't have the opportunity to picture himself as a Thor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nevvy Z posted:

If it is Roz, her hair color changes too so that probably is part of it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

To be fair, hammerless Thor looks like he's really hurting for some conditioner.

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if she be worthy, shall possess the power of really silky, manageable hair!"

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's mjolnir.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
So do we know who Thor is now?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Schneider Heim posted:

So do we know who Thor is now?

Nope

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Not on the page, but yeah we do.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It's Captain Atom, right? It has to be.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone ever seen Clark Kent and New Thor in the same room at the same time? I REST MY CASE.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That Civil War reveal was a long con all along, that menace Spider-man stole Thor's hammer!

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Cassandra Cain.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I just saw the previews for Thor #6 and they're still batting around the mystery of who this Thor girl is by then so I guess it's gonna be dragged through the mud a while longer.

The dual personality thing is interesting and I hope there's more to it than she's just a human imitating Thor as best she can. I can already tell if it's Jane or Roz it's going to be boring as hell as a reveal

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The opening arc is just so.. normal. Where's crazy Aaron gone?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's pretty funny how the kiss doesn't actually eliminate any suspects, since we already knew it wasn't his mom.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Ugh. I'd be more patient with this "who is she" mystery if she'd stop using thought bubbles.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Is this really a big deal? It's the same author, it's a woman who clearly has feelings for Thor, it's someone who knows who Dario Agger is...I mean aside from the hair color (which could easily be handwaved away as "the magic of Mjolnir") it's pretty clearly Roz. Is it just that people want it explicitly spelled out? Does it even really matter? The identity seems less relevant than someone new being worthy of Mjolnir, that's pretty much all you *need* to know about their character right now for the story Aaron is telling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He keeps teasing the identity stuff in the letters page.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

It's pretty funny how the kiss doesn't actually eliminate any suspects, since we already knew it wasn't his mom.

Yeah, if Aaron thought that was a serious red herring, he shouldn't have the obviously modern dialect in the thought bubbles.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are you my mommy? OH GROSS

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, it's ancient pantheons. Isn't incest all the rage in those? Shouldn't Thor Classic have just gone "Um, I dunno, are you?"?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
All the different Thor talk in the other thread made me think, have we seen anything of Clor since the Siege tie-in?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

All the different Thor talk in the other thread made me think, have we seen anything of Clor since the Siege tie-in?

I loving hope not. Clor is possibly the worst character Marvel created in 21st century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah he came back as one of the Thunderbolts in Dark Avengers.

• Locked thread