Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sturm
Oct 19, 2003

It's Xander or Sgt. Fury
Is this the last issue before it is being replaced by Thors?

EDIT: Spoiler has been picked up by major news media. New York Times has a story on the spoiler, so watch out if you're trying to avoid it.

Sturm fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Honestly I'm just pissed I fell so hard for the red herring.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know if red herring is even the right term. It feels a bit more out of left field than that.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

So do you think all the mysoginist MRA neckbeards will feel sorry for being so harsh on her before?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I was really hoping for future grand daughter time travel fuckery. :(

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Aaron isn't very good at doing twists judging by this and Original Sin.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know if red herring is even the right term. It feels a bit more out of left field than that.

Yeah, this is a "red herring" the way that all the hints about the killer were "red herrings" in Identity Crisis. The only clue to this outcome was that we'd never seen Jane up until now. Absolutely everything else pointed to Roz.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Wanderer posted:

Yeah, this is a "red herring" the way that all the hints about the killer were "red herrings" in Identity Crisis. The only clue to this outcome was that we'd never seen Jane up until now. Absolutely everything else pointed to Roz.

Uh... we did see her, though? Odinson even went to visit her to rule her out.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Gaz-L posted:

Uh... we did see her, though? Odinson even went to visit her to rule her out.

Yeah, good point. I'd forgotten that scene.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Wanderer posted:

Roz was the most textbook red herring of all red herrings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roz fit what Aaron kept saying in interviews and stuff, Jane did not.

That's not a red herring, that's just being dishonest. And that's okay, I guess. It doesn't make me think anything less of the comic or anything, but it's a little cheaty.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I didn't think it would be Jane because of her insistence to not use Asgardian tech to heal. Now she kinda uses Asgardian tech to temporarily escape the cancer. Not nearly the same, I know, but still why I didn't think I'd be her.

Also it means we one day get a "Jane on the Death's door" storyline that will end with her either healed or Odinson with tears in his eyes taking the mantle of Thor again to honor her. Either which would be awfully predictable.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
That doesn't seem to be why she's doing it.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
She explicitly says using Thor's power is killing her. It's not prolonging her life.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well either that or all the punches she keeps taking.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that Destroyer fight was loving brutal.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Is it not possible that Jane and Roz are doing a whole "Mystery of Batwoman" thing? In that they are both worthy and taking turns playing at Thor to throw everyone off the scent?

After all, we haven't seen the resolution of the "Roz looks at the hammer, deciding whether or not to lift it."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SynthOrange posted:

Well either that or all the punches she keeps taking.

Yeah, I think it's not so much that Thor was god of Cancer all along and more that she's a sick woman that's close to death and she just took up a mantle of fighting ice giants and other magical bullshit that's kicking her rear end almost as badly as she kicks it, which I assume makes things worse. Someone should dropkick a cancer patient to confirm.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, I think it's not so much that Thor was god of Cancer all along and more that she's a sick woman that's close to death and she just took up a mantle of fighting ice giants and other magical bullshit that's kicking her rear end almost as badly as she kicks it, which I assume makes things worse. Someone should dropkick a cancer patient to confirm.

It's been done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPdsW_oSgFc

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

The Question IRL posted:

Is it not possible that Jane and Roz are doing a whole "Mystery of Batwoman" thing? In that they are both worthy and taking turns playing at Thor to throw everyone off the scent?

After all, we haven't seen the resolution of the "Roz looks at the hammer, deciding whether or not to lift it."

Stage four: Bargaining.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Here's a Last Days of Loki preview.

So...are they saying that Those Who Sit Above In Shadow were the Beyonders the whole time? Because they seemed to quote the original Beyonder pretty directly, there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Decius posted:

I didn't think it would be Jane because of her insistence to not use Asgardian tech to heal. Now she kinda uses Asgardian tech to temporarily escape the cancer. Not nearly the same, I know, but still why I didn't think I'd be her.

Also it means we one day get a "Jane on the Death's door" storyline that will end with her either healed or Odinson with tears in his eyes taking the mantle of Thor again to honor her. Either which would be awfully predictable.

Another way to go with it is due to using the hammer, when she dies its revealed that due to being worthy and wielding the hammer she is now Asgardian

• Locked thread