Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bombadilillo posted:

Im excited for Loki to get his own title, as much as as I will miss kid Loki, tearing it up in Young Avengers. Is it weird that they arent running it as JiM?

What I really want is JiM to relauch following Volstagg as he battles the 9 worlds politics with girth based feats of wonder. Challanging senators to drinking contests and so on.

Loki is probably the most popular Marvel Movie character outside of Tony Stark (and the one with the largest appeal to potential new comics readers, especially women). Given the lackluster sales of the previous run of Journey into Mystery, it's not that surprising that they want Loki's name on the masthead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

goldenoreos posted:

Yep, it's going to lead to a massive team-up of the Thors three, the Lokis three, and the Odins three against the world.

How are there three Odins? Hell, how are there 2 during modern Thor, Odin is gone, and future Thor is the All-Father with the Thorforce, so it's not like Odin can be around for that. We haven't seen a future Loki either, and I'd honestly be a little surprised if they ever do, because at the moment Marvel seems to be toying with redemption for him, but haven't gone whole hog.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Did I miss an issue? My understanding is we have current teen Loki, who took over the good Loki's body (from Journey into Mystery) but is trying to be a better Loki than the classic Marvel villain. and we have a resurrected Past Loki, that traveled back in time to gently caress with young Odin (I think) and create the magical sword.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

But was able to breathe on the moon in a dress somehow. That will probably be addressed.

They didn't specify where on the moon Mjolnir landed, but since the events surrounding it was the death of The Watcher, chances are it was somewhere in that blue spot with oxygen.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Kull the Conqueror posted:

#3 was loaded with some great action. Dauterman's art is perfectly suited for exploding frost giants and frost giant skulls. I'm not exactly looking forward to a "hero vs. hero" story next issue, but Aaron has scarcely disappointed me yet in his run.

If new Thor is anyone that's been guessed, the fight won't last long, Odinson will figure out who it is, or New Thor will reveal themselves pretty quick.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

All the different Thor talk in the other thread made me think, have we seen anything of Clor since the Siege tie-in?

I loving hope not. Clor is possibly the worst character Marvel created in 21st century.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

Who's Clor?

Do you mean... Ragnarok?

Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah, I think it's not so much that Thor was god of Cancer all along and more that she's a sick woman that's close to death and she just took up a mantle of fighting ice giants and other magical bullshit that's kicking her rear end almost as badly as she kicks it, which I assume makes things worse. Someone should dropkick a cancer patient to confirm.

It's been done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPdsW_oSgFc

• Locked thread