Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I really like the current arc, but I kind of groaned at the end of the latest issue. I mean, the second they said someone's a traitor, I immediately thought in my head, "Thor's the traitor and doesn't realize it". It just seemed predictable to me, was it the same for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
God I'm so hype to see the Annihilablade vs. Galactus.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I think this is the first arc of GoT I just didn't like that much solely based on the end. Because yeah, I know that every comic doesn't have to have a perfect little happy ending, but the whole thing just has such a feeling of defeat. Agger/the Minotaur gets off scot-free while still being a smug shitlord, Broxton is destroyed, and the Asgardians get effectively chased off Earth. Sure, Thor gives the displaced Broxton residents his castle, Roz gets to sock Agger in the jaw, and King Thor saved/basically rebirthed the Earth in the far-flung future, but the whole ending just left me wondering "So this is it?", looking for some page I missed where I was supposed to feel good about the day being saved. Maybe I'm bitter just because I really liked Broxton as a setting. This little rural town being the home of a massive floating island of Norse gods is really just a nice backdrop, even if not that many Thor stories take place there (I mean, it's not his Gotham City or anything). I'm sure Aaron or other writers might do stories revisiting Thor's Castle/"Little Asgard" and its residents but it just won't be the same to me.

Also while the Butcher of Worlds sounds badass, I'm concerned that such a thing could easily turn into a rehash of the God Butcher arc and/or this one. Just King Thor throwing down with All-Black the Galactus. Like, it'd be cool, but it'd be stuff we've seen.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Yawgmoft posted:

Has anything really ended well so far for Thor since he killed Gorr (and it looks like even that might not be turning out so hot)? Maleketh is alive and well with god level diplomatic immunity, a war of realms is forming, Jane has cancer, and the hot dark elf is in superjail. I'm pretty sure we're building up to something.

They've gone well for King Thor. He brought back gods, saved Earth, and revived it from being a chunk of dead rock. Modern Thor is having a bit of a poo poo time I guess. Oh well, dude's got a lot of mead I guess, so there's a silver lining.

Kaleidoscope posted:

Asgardians in Broxton kinda ran it's course. It didn't feel like anyone was doing anything with the idea after Siege and they used the best idea early with Bill.

That's true, but I guess I feel like just turning the place into a crater is kind of a bit much to get Asgard to leave. I mean, I guess the ideal time to write them out would've been either immediately post-Siege or immediately post-Fear Itself, so this just feels like wiping the slate clean hurriedly. I'm sure it's going somewhere, I just don't like that one detail of how the story's getting there.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 7, 2014

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone ever seen Clark Kent and New Thor in the same room at the same time? I REST MY CASE.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
For real, if you aren't reading Loki, you are missing out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I'm just pissed I fell so hard for the red herring.

• Locked thread