Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
I really did just want him to go all "Nope gently caress your summons. God of Thunder." and just start wailing on dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I have the desperate hope that future ghost rider shows up in the galactus fight so we can hit maximum must be immortalized on the side of a van.

Plus his Ghost Rider run was boss.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I hope not it'd be dumb. "Whosoever holds this hammer, if she be worthy, shall possess the significantly less then her own power of Thor."

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Misogyny? No, Odin is 100% dick to everyone no matter what.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I'll put five down on The Enchantress.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I guess revealing the plot of Loki: Agent of Asgard to Thor would be one of the things Nick could've said to make the hammer fall.

But it doesn't explain why nobody else could. Unless Thor and Mjolnir now have some kind of link where he judges everyone unworthy and it's like "yeah they are all dicks bro". Maybe a bit of Allblack The Necroblade's near sentience rubbed off on it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't Freya flat-out say that the hammer's enchantment has apparently evolved, so not even Odin decides worthiness now, but Mjolnir itself?

Furry should have whispered into the hammer then. Hell that makes a better action shot, Mjolnir headed to take his head off and with a whisper it freezes mere millimeters away, then falls to the moon dragging Thor with it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Were the Avengers frozen off screen or did I just miss it? Either way "Every established hero has fallen and only the new character can save them!" has always been a bad way to introduce anybody, it reads like bad fan-fiction and sours of swaths of people against the character.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The opening arc is just so.. normal. Where's crazy Aaron gone?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

That makes me positive that it's Jane Foster because they don't have time to characterize anybody else. No amount of red herrings or straight up denials will convince me otherwise, hell if it's not I'm going to chalk it up to a last minute change because people guessed it.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Wanderer posted:

It's still Roz, dude. Jane's never met Dario.

Jane is the only person the chunk of people who have hopped on for a female Thor can name, Roz is a red herring for people that have followed Aaron's entire run. Jane not having meet Dario on camera means bubkiss.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Movie synergy says it's Jane because she the only character the theoretical movie drawn new readers can name.

One day it'll work just you wait.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I'm still putting money on it being in Thor's head and only people he subconsciously judges worthy can lift it.

Because Mjolnir gaining sentience is dumb.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

I'm dropping the book, the identity bullshit has gone on so long it's made the switch feel like a hollow attention grab because we sure as poo poo didn't get an actual character out of the switch, we got a cardboard standee with a question mark over the face.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Waterhaul posted:

Yes it makes sense to drop the book just prior to the identity reveal (that you already know), when the last number of issues have been full of character development and shown them adjusting to the monicker of Thor and how they're different to Odinson as well as building the book around other characters (dumb reaction) to there being a new Thor.

Everything has been building on Roz taking over, how Odinson and Asgrad reacts and continuing the Roxxon and Maleketh introduced in God of Thunder. It's not as if the book has been doing nothing and it's just changed things for nothing.

It's still not Roz and even if it was I don't care anymore. Two pages of character development and the rest is all about how the predominantly male cast is impacted by her. She's a plot device and I no longer have faith that Aaron will have her be anything else. Hopefully she'll be interesting under another writer.

But you are right I should have dropped it when it didn't grab me three issues in per my rule instead of sticking it out this long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The Question IRL posted:

Is it not possible that Jane and Roz are doing a whole "Mystery of Batwoman" thing? In that they are both worthy and taking turns playing at Thor to throw everyone off the scent?

After all, we haven't seen the resolution of the "Roz looks at the hammer, deciding whether or not to lift it."

Stage four: Bargaining.

• Locked thread