Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

While I accept that Dan Jurgen's run meandered a bit and was a product of the late 90's in Marvel (I still liked the Reigning storyarc and thought it had some fantastic ideas. Magni forever.) I will ALWAYS recomend to people his Thor v Thanos/Mangog arc (from Thor #19-25) as one of the most awesome super hero fights ever.

I'll also recommend Mike Oeming's Thor run during Avenger's Dissembled that ran from Thor 69-75. It's a fantastic story.

If we can step outside of Thor briefly, Oeming's Beta Ray Bill series is really good (as was Kieron Gillen's BRB stories.) and nearly anything with Hercules on the cover is pure gold.

Also
"The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > Thor Discussion Thread - You were the Lightning in that Rain!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Yawgmoft posted:

The whisper was "Asgard is full of assholes"

That's what I'm thinking, joking aside.

Basically the thing about Mjolnor was it was made by Odin and for years it was the weapon no one could wield. I reckon everyone in Asgard had a crack at trying to wield it, but no one could. The only Asgardian who could get past the Worthiness enchantment before Thor did it was Odin himself. And that's largely because he was Odin and he pretty much put in a clause that said he could always do it.
(The only other people who could do it were a group of Asgardain sorcerers called the Enchanters and I think that was because they could just hack the Worthiness enchantment. And I think Bor also did, for the same reason Odin did.)

Given how they talked about the hammer being stubborn and it actively refused to let Odin pick it up, I think the secret Nick Fury revealed has to do with all of Asgard. Like the secret has broken Thor's faith in Asgard, but it has made Mjolnor itself become disgusted with Asgard. (Probably something like "Asgard started every war it's been in.")

If we follow that train of thought, then the new Thor probably has to be a Human, which means it's almost certainly Jane Foster. (Having been given some method of surviving in the Moon's atmosphere by Freya and sent out to help save the world.)

Unless it's Freya herself, but that doesn't really fit in with the message about the hammer turning it's back on Asgard.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Dreqqus posted:

I'm certain its Roz, but only because if it is Jane, my theory for what Fury told Odinson to make him unworthy doesn't hold up. My pet theory is that he said something along the lines of 'She would have beaten the cancer on her own.' the implication being that Thor went behind Jane's back to cure her cancer, hence her Ambassador to Asgard position.

I'm convinced that whatever Fury said relates to all Asguardians and not just Odin son. Some collective sin that damns all of Asguard, that they've started every one of their wars.
That's why I am convinced that current Thor is a human. Possibly not Roz, but definitely a human.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I saw that picture on my Facebook feed . (Along with some stuff about Terminator: Genysis which I really rather not have seen.)
Spoilers are all over the place these days.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Is it not possible that Jane and Roz are doing a whole "Mystery of Batwoman" thing? In that they are both worthy and taking turns playing at Thor to throw everyone off the scent?

After all, we haven't seen the resolution of the "Roz looks at the hammer, deciding whether or not to lift it."

• Locked thread