Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valen
Oct 1, 2009

illectro posted:

Just so you know it is possible to get 20% if you own Double Fine titles.... only caveat is that nobody can figure out which ones qualify, I got the discount, but I own all the DF games and the Amnesia Fortnight bundle that included the original Spacebase DF-9 prototype.

It's not the amnesia fortnight that gives the discount, at least not specifically, since I don't have that but I can get 20% off. That still doesn't narrow it down much since I have almost every other DF title.

This looks promising since I like the idea of Dwarf Fortress but all of the bullshit around it turns me off. Double Fine is usually pretty good about simplifying gameplay which would address my biggest problem. And space chickens is a big selling point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Dunite posted:

Man I wish I hadn't just given Star Citizen more of my money, otherwise I would pick this up in a second.

Looks like it will be a great combination of SS13, Prison Architect, and Dwarf Fortress.

Is the alpha version released so far frustrating to play with obnoxious bugs or is it perfectly fine for this stage of the build?

It has been fairly playable for me so far, just a bit sparse. There isn't much to do once you get your initial base built, though that's because it is still early. Fusion reactors, which don't currently do anything crashed the game when you built them, but that has already been patched so they are at least actively fixing bugs. If you're on the fence I would wait for a major update or two, but it does seem promising.

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Popular Thug Drink posted:

My entire security team of six crack commandos just got trapped in an airless doorway and died, mere inches from a fully oxygenated atmosphere.

One of my guys did this after single-handedly fending off an invasion. The guy was smart enough to find a choke point but not open the door right in front of him.

Edit: he did it single-handedly because his co-workers were too busy playing on their space 3DS' and getting drunk at the bar :downs:

Valen fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Oct 16, 2013

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Popular Thug Drink posted:

I think they come from derelicts but they just sort of warp into your base. I'd like a bit more warning for such a powerful enemy, I hope they add that in. Or maybe some expensive countermeasure, a quarantine device in the airlock or something.

If you read people's Spaceface pages sometimes they will complain about eating some dodgy food leading up to turning into a parasite. I guess if you catch it early enough you can send them to mine something then lock the airlock behind them.

Valen
Oct 1, 2009

Bolow posted:

FYI You can actually build fire extinguishers, they're underneath the All Zones sub-menu. I got a pretty decent base size, with about 16 people. Finally built a pub and now the game keeps crashing :negative:

These are invaluable. They saved my matter processor from shoddy maintenance. Now Space OSHA requires them in every room, next to every door. :science:

• Locked thread