Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
0lives
Nov 1, 2012

MegaGatts posted:

I played DF a lot, I'm going to play this because it's kinda like DF but in space and space is really rad. I'm pretty sure most DF players have a similar train of thought.

Yup, this is true for me too. I love Dwarf Fortress but I am always looking for more types of these kind of games. Clockwork Empires, Rimworld, Maia, Prison Architect, and now this, the genre has gotten a fantastic amount of great stuff recently. Although most have more to do with games like Dungeon Keeper, Theme Hospital or Evil Genius than Dwarf Fortress. (Which personally was my problem with Gnomoria, it plays like a sane man's Dwarf Fortress but I am already a crazy person who can understand how to play Dwarf Fortress so it doesn't do anything for me.)

Anyway this looks pretty rad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

DarkStryke posted:

Steam discount is now fixed. It was previously only applying if you had in-steam store DF purchases, not humble / Amazon keys, etc.

Horray! Although I bet this is pretty annoying for people who already payed the full price but didn't have to.

0lives
Nov 1, 2012

Man, that really sucks. I was looking forward to Spacebase coming together- In like half a year or something. What an utterly barebones game.

Snow Job posted:

Oh Christ. I backed Massive Chalice, too. Am I going to get burned on that as well? Probably.

Well, it's got a different project lead, namely one who's actually lead on shipped complete games before, and I would assume a larger budget too- sooo..Maybe not? Seems like it's about 50/50 whether a game from Doublefine is great or terrible. :v: Videos of it looked promising at least, as long as that doesn't launch next month too.

Uh, by the way, if you're looking for a great colony builder game, Rimworld is really, really good. You know, that game by one guy in Canada.

• Locked thread