Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Delusibeta posted:

The first 1000 purchases of :10bux: or more got a Starbound key thrown in. Needless to say, that deal lasted about five minutes, and Starbound will almost certainly not be in the beat the average selection.

It lasted about 45 seconds, and I'm guessing most of the keys went to bots, because they announced the scheme to have a limited selection last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Ahahaha it finally happpened, I have every single game in the new Humble Bundle, never played any of them and probably never will, what a piece of absolute garbage i am

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Wow I actually don't own any of these games! First time in a long time.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Would it be poor form to ask to trade a bundle for steambucks?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Jordan7hm posted:

It lasted about 45 seconds, and I'm guessing most of the keys went to bots, because they announced the scheme to have a limited selection last night.
I actually managed to snag a key for Starbound, so yay me I guess!

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
It's now halfway into the sale period for Humble Indie Bundle 10, so that means new games are now added to the bundle!

Now available if you beat the average: HOARD, Strike Suit Zero, and Toki Tori 2+.

As a reminder if you've already bought the bundle you should have access to these titles now as well!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
It's without Strike Suit Infinity right? Because that and SSZ are the only games I'm interested in the bundle and it's 0.25 cents more atm than when SSZ goes on sale

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
So as seems to be the trend with Humble Bundles, they followed up an excellent and popular one (Humble Indie Bundle 10) with a non-games bundle that's destined to be nowhere near as popular (in this case, Humble Audiobook Bundle.)

I updated the OP to reflect it, but since this is a games thread I'm not giving it a lot of attention. If you really like Salman Rushdie, go nuts though!

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Who the hell puts Cormac McCarthy next to Piers Anthony?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

macnbc posted:

So as seems to be the trend with Humble Bundles, they followed up an excellent and popular one (Humble Indie Bundle 10) with a non-games bundle that's destined to be nowhere near as popular (in this case, Humble Audiobook Bundle.)

I updated the OP to reflect it, but since this is a games thread I'm not giving it a lot of attention. If you really like Salman Rushdie, go nuts though!

Cormac McCarthy though.

Guidall (who reads the Piers Anthony book) did a good job with The Man in the High Castle but Piers Anthony?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Given the "Piers Anthony is a creepy misogynist pedophile" thing that's been making the internet rounds lately I'm genuinely surprised to see his work in a bundle like this.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
In news unrelated to Piers Anthony, a new weekly bundle is up featuring roguelike games.

If you're a fan of Roguelikes, this should be like candy.
Shame that it looks like all the good stuff is above the $6 threshold.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Thanks for maintaining this thread, by the way. I haven't bought a bundle in a while, but I like how easy you make it to stay apprised of their updates.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

macnbc posted:

In news unrelated to Piers Anthony, a new weekly bundle is up featuring roguelike games.

If you're a fan of Roguelikes, this should be like candy.
Shame that it looks like all the good stuff is above the $6 threshold.

What's wrong with Dungeons of Dredmor? I remember it was simple enough that it was a good way to introduce people to roguelikes, but there was enough options and variety to give the game depth.

I will agree with you that Hack, Slash, Loot is bad though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Dredmor's a great little starter roguelike. It's not Nethack or ADOM, but not everything needs to be.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Tenik posted:

What's wrong with Dungeons of Dredmor? I remember it was simple enough that it was a good way to introduce people to roguelikes, but there was enough options and variety to give the game depth.

I will agree with you that Hack, Slash, Loot is bad though.

Dredmor is worth a buck, sure. The problem is the other games that are in that tier are dreadful. As macnbc said, all the good stuff (aside from Dredmor) is in the six dollar tier.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I would have bit for this if it had Rogue Legacy. As it is, I already have Dredmor, and kind of a backlog to deal with.

Totally worth it for getting a cheap copy of Dredmor, though. It's wedged someplace between a Roguelike and a Diablolike in a particular way that I find really enjoyable. It is a kinder, gentler Roguelike, though- like, there's no secret potions that randomize every game. A healing potion is a healing potion, and defintely don't drink the raw ingredients. Always be drunk, especially if you are a wizard.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Update!

The new Humble Weekly Sale is for Codemasters games.

Highlights include the criminally underrated Overlord series, and the DiRT racing games.

OP, as always, is updated.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Whelp, I've been waiting forever for a sale on Rise of the Argonauts and here it is for 1 buck. Come to papa, I say..

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Just one.. more.. turn!

Replacing the audiobook bundle we now have the Humble Sid Meier Bundle!

Now you too can have your life and all meaningful relationships with other people destroyed by these games!

Pretty good deal on the Civ games here. Highly recommend this one!

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

macnbc posted:

Just one.. more.. turn!

Replacing the audiobook bundle we now have the Humble Sid Meier Bundle!

Now you too can have your life and all meaningful relationships with other people destroyed by these games!

Pretty good deal on the Civ games here. Highly recommend this one!

No Alpha Centauri, no sale :colbert:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

This is the cheapest Civ 4 has ever been. And G&K. And BNW.

BNW is worth the 15 if you're into Civ 5, it changes the game a lot more than G&K did.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'

Pyromancer posted:

Considering the bundle is all Steam keys, and Alpha Centauri isn't on Steam, I don't think that one's likely to be showing up next week.

Aratoeldar
Mar 21, 2005

Pyromancer posted:

I was hoping for the Gettysburg and Antietam games.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm holding out for Pirates to show up in there, but I'm kind of lukewarm on this bundle, anyway, because I already bought Civ V and all its content like a month and a half ago when they showed up in the winter holiday sales, and I don't really care about older civs at this point.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm holding out for Pirates to show up in there, but I'm kind of lukewarm on this bundle, anyway, because I already bought Civ V and all its content like a month and a half ago when they showed up in the winter holiday sales, and I don't really care about older civs at this point.

For a dollar Civ 4 + all expansions is worth it. If you have any interest in the slightest, check out some of the Civ 4 modpacks that add 2000 technologies spanning from 50000 BC to 5000 AD. I think it's called Caveman 2 Cosmos.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Pyromancer posted:

EA owns the rights to Alpha Centauri. It seems like the rights to all the various Sid Meier games are scattered all over the place.

You can get Alpha Centauri off of GOG.com. Strangely enough, you can't get any of the old Civilization games on GOG, except I guess Colonization if you want to count that.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

I already have all the Civ stuff and Pirates if it goes up next week. Are the Ace Patrol games and Railroads any good?

Dreamsicle fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 4, 2014

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

The games in this bundle are so good I already own all of them (except Railroads) and I've poured hundreds of hours into them.

Jul 22, 2013

Happy New Year!
Humble Bundle - Pay what you want! Oh you want everything? Sorry that will be $15.

Well they gotta make some money I suppose and it is sort of new ish

For those asking, in my opinion Railroads is pretty cool but Cities in Motion is funner.

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

Dreamsicle posted:

I already have all the Civ stuff and Pirates if it goes up next week. Are the Ace Patrol games and Railroads any good?

The Ace Patrol games are fun little iDevice timewasters (obviously the Steam keys are for the PC versions; I'm just saying that they're not trying to be anything like Civilization in depth).

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

I like Ace Patrol quite a bit, as a game that doesn't require huge amounts of attention. I'd love to have it on my phone, if it weren't for the fact that it's nearly unplayable due to how small all the interface elements are and how frequently things overlap. Using a mouse is really the only way to go.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
Humble Bundle is once again pairing up with Double Fine for their Amnesia Fortnight gamejam, where schmucks like you and me can submit game ideas to get prototyped and voted on.

In conjunction with that, this week's Weekly Sale is on Double Fine games.

I don't quite understand the arbitrary pricing on Spacebase DF-9, but maybe someone can clue me in on that. Otherwise you can get Psychonauts DRM-free for 1 cent if you want it, so go nuts.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
How is Spacebase DF-9 it kind of interests me, but I really don't need another game to just sit unplayed.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
As usual, more has been added to the Sid Meier bundle. Now included are 2 more Civ 5 map packs, but the real thing people will be interested in is Sid Meier's Pirates! is now part of the bundle.

Also while I'm at it: Here's a Steam key for Psychonauts from this week's weekly bundle since I already own it. Speak up if you claim it!
CLAIMED

macnbc fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 11, 2014

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
I hate replying to myself, but there's a new weekly bundle out!

This one is supporting Indiecade and has a few indie games of note up for grabs.

The only one I've played is Dear Esther, which I like, but $6 is a bit steep just for that. Any other recommendations out there for this set?

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?
Sure, if they be nailed to a golden horse.
I'm in the exact same boat, only played Dear Esther. Is anything else in this bundle worthwhile?

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Might pick that up just for the Dream Machine. It's meant to be a really quite excellent and intelligent claymation Point and Click. That said it's only 3 out of the 6 (I think) chapters and 2 of those haven't been made yet.

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
New indie bundle is live!

Highlights in this one include.. well pretty much the whole bundle. Dust, Giana Sisters, and Guacamelee being below the average make this a really great deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

macnbc posted:

New indie bundle is live!

Highlights in this one include.. well pretty much the whole bundle. Dust, Giana Sisters, and Guacamelee being below the average make this a really great deal.

Sweet, another good one. Monaco's the only one I already have, but I really wanted Anti-Chamber. Here's hoping the secret bonus games are just as good.

• Locked thread