Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

But are they ready for a red one?

I remember a time when, long before every Tom, Dick, and Harry Osborn had their own movie we were salivating over the pages of Wizard Magazine or some Usenet board, hoping for news on whatever terrible "Venom" or "Cable" script was being shopped around. Then we got Blade and X-Men and Batman Begins and a whole slew of comic book films that were actually pretty darned good. If you've been living under a rock (or under THE Rock, I guess) for the better part of 2013, you've missed some great movies. Iron Man 3, Man of Steel, and The Wolverine were all great times - Kick-rear end 2...?

Can't win 'em all.

However, the gravy train that is turning four colors into one (that being green) shows no signs of stopping, and this is the thread where you can discuss upcoming comic book films with your fellow geeks. Who will wield the cybernetic helmet of Ant-Man? Would making a Wonder Woman movie make Hollywood any less sexist? Is the world ready for Yancy Street to be in Harlem? Who the hell owns the rights to the Skrulls/Quicksilver/Blue Beetle/Bat Lash anyway?

For Whosoever Wields These Character Rights, If He Be Worthy, Shall Have The Power Of PROFIT!

Upcoming Movies
The following films have announced release dates and are listed through the end of 2014. If a movie has been announced but has no set release or is after December 31st, 2014, it will be listed further below.

Marvel

Thor: The Dark World
The Hammer Is His- Well, You Know

Release Date: November 8th, 2013
Cast:
Chris Hemsworth as Thor
Natalie Portman as Jane Foster
Tom Hiddleston as Loki
Stellan Skarsgård as Dr. Erik Selvig
Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis
Idris Elba as Heimdall
Zachary Levi as Fandral
Tadanobu Asano as Hogun
Ray Stevenson as Volstagg
Jaime Alexander as Sif
Rene Russo as Frigga
Anthony Hopkins as Odin
Clive Russell as Tyr
Christoper Eccleston as Malekith the Accursed
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Kurse
Directed By: Alan "Uh... Palookaville?" Taylor
Plot: A year has passed since the Battle of New York, and Asgard is threatened by a new foe: the dangerous Dark Elves. Thor must retrieve his lost love and team with his greatest foe to save the Nine Realms!
Stan Lee Cameo Guess: Hero in Valhalla who keeps telling creepy stories about "that time at Studio 54 with Steve Englehart."
Fake Trailer
Real Trailer

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Death Too Soon

Release Date: April 4th, 2014
Cast:
Chris Evans as Steve Rogers/Captain America
Scarlett Johansson as Natasha Romanov/Black Widow
Sebastian Stan as James "Bucky" Barnes/The Winter Soldier
Anthony Mackie as Sam Wilson/Falcon
Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill
Frank Grillo as Brock Rumlow/Crossbones
Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter/Agent 13
Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter
Georges St-Pierre as Georges Batroc
Robert "loving" Redford as Alexander Pierce
Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
Directed By: Anthony and Joe "The Good Episodes Of Community" Russo
Plot: Two years after the Battle of New York, Captain America must face the ghosts of his past to stop people from becoming ghosts in the present!
Stan Lee Cameo Guess: SHIELD Agent almost assassinated by Crossbones, but he leans down - "Hey! A quarter!"
Fake Trailer
Real Trailer (None Yet)

The Amazing Spider-Man 2
My, What Big Eyes You Have

Release Date: May 2nd, 2014
Cast:
Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy/Probably A Corpse
Jamie Foxx as Electro
Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn
Paul Giamatti as Aleksei Sytsevich/The Rhino
Sally Field as May Parker
Martin Sheen as Dead Ben Parker
Chris Cooper as Norman Osborn
Martin Csokas as Dr. Kafka
Chris Zylka as "Flash" Thompson
Denis Leary as Dead George Stacy
Directed By: Marc "The First One" Webb
Plot: Peter must adjust to life with his gift (his curse) - trying to be happy in spite of his girlfriend's dead dad, his own dead uncle, and all the super villains who keep trying to make him a dead Spider-Man!
Stan Lee Cameo Guess: Charming suitor of Aunt May who keeps almost catching Peter in costume, but thinks he's masturbating.
Fake Trailer
Real Teaser

X-Men: Days of Future Past
God Loves, Man Casts

Release Date: May 23rd, 2014
Future Cast:
Patrick Stewart as Professor Charles Xavier
Ian McKellan as Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto
Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine
Anna Paquin as Marie/Rogue
Shawn Ashmore as Bobby Drake/Iceman
Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde
Omar Sy as Bishop
Halle Berry as Ororo Munroe/Storm
Daniel Cudmore (Yes, Still) as Peter Rasputin/Colossus
Booboo Stewart as James Proudstar/Warpath
Fan Bingbing as Blink
Adan Canto as Sunspot
Past Cast:
James McAvoy as Professor Charles Xavier
Michael Fassbender as Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto
Hugh Jackman as Logan/Wolverine (Yes, Still)
Jennifer Lawrence as Raven Darkholme/Mystique
Nicholas Hoult as Hank McCoy/Beast
Peter Dinklage as Bolivar Trask
Evan Peters as Quicksilver
Lucas Till as Alex Summers/Havok
Josh Helman as William Stryker
Directed By: Bryan "X2 but NOT X3!" Singer
Plot: With the future in danger, the older X-Men send Wolverine back in time into the body of his younger self to convince the more groovy X-Boys to avert disaster.
Stan Lee Cameo Guess: Future Cannonball.
Fake Trailer
Leaked Footage

Guardians of the Galaxy
Okay, We Cast a Wrestler So Shut Up Already

Release Date: August 1st, 2014
Cast:
Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Starlord
Zoe Saldana as Gamora
Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer
Vin Diesel as Groot (Both the voice AND the motion capture!)
Bradley Cooper as the voice of Rocket Raccoon
Lee Pace as Ronan the Accuser
Michael Rooker as Yondu
Karen Gillan as Nebula
Djimon Honsou as Korath
Benicio Del Toro as The Collector
John C. Reilly as Rhoman Dey
Glenn Close as Nova Prime
Directed By: James "Slither" Gunn
Plot: In a galaxy far, far away, an Earth man teams with a ragtag group of spacemen (and women (and trees (and raccoons))) to fight aliens and escape with an item of great power.
Stan Lee Cameo Guess: Kree elder statesman who just doesn't get "that squirrel guy."
Fake Trailer
Leaked Footage

Big Hero 6
Disney Bought Marvel Pretty Much For This

Release Date: November 7th, 2014
Cast:
None yet, but the movie will feature the characters from the comic team: Hiro Takachiko, Baymax, GoGo Tomago, Honey Lemon, Wasabi-No-Ginger, and Fredzilla.
Directed By: Don "Winnie the Pooh" Hall
Plot: The city of San Fransokyo is under attack and only Big Hero 6 can save it! This is important since this is the first Disney animated film to use a Marvel property and Disney's non-Pixar staff's been on a roll as of late.
Stan Lee Cameo Guess: Gangly-armed old man hilariously crushed under falling debris. Dies horribly.
Fake Trailer
First Look Footage

DC Comics

The Lego Movie
Counting This Because There's Nothing Else From DC Coming Out Between Now And 2015

Chris Pratt as Emmet
Will Arnett as Batman
Jonah Hill as Green Lantern
Cobie Smulders as Wonder Woman
Channing Tatum as Superman
Directed By: Phil "21 Jump Street" Lord and Chris "22 Jump Street" Miller
Plot: An ordinary guy named Emmet is mistaken as being the Master Builder, the one who can save the Lego universe. With the aid of an old mystic named Vitruvius, a tough young lady named Lucy, and Batman, Emmet will fight to defeat the evil tyrant Lord Business.
Stan Lee Cameo Guess: Voice of Lego Geoff Johns
Fake Trailer
Real Trailer

Non-Big Two

I, Frankenstein
I, Not Seeing This

Release Date: January 24th, 2014
Cast:
Aaron Eckhart as Adam Frakenstein
Yvonne Strahovski as Terra
Directed By: Stuart "GI Joe: Rise of Cobra" Beattie
Plot: Frankenstein's monster, named Adam and having taken the surname of his creator, becomes involved in a war between two immortal clans in an ancient city.
Stan Lee Cameo Guess: Igor who holds up hands and walks off the job when Adam comes to life.
Fake Trailer
Real Trailer

300: Rise of an Empire
Because No One Demanded It

Release Date: March 7th, 2014
Cast:
Sullivan Stapleton as Themistocles
Eva Green as Aretemisia
Rodrigo Santoro as Xerxes
Lena Headley as Queen Gorgo of Sparta
Directed By: Noam "I Still Have No Idea Who This Is" Murro
Plot: A prequel based on Xerxes' rise to power and the historical Battle of Artemisium. Look it up!
Stan Lee Cameo Guess: Kicked into pit, after credits stinger shows skeleton creating Spider-Man alone in sand
Fake Trailer
Real Trailer

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
No, They're Not Aliens, Shaddap

Release Date: August 8th, 2014
Cast:
Megan Fox as April O'Neil
Pete Ploszek as Leonardo
Noel Fisher as Michelangelo
Jeremy Howard as Donatello
Alan Ritchson as Raphael
Danny Woodburn as Splinter
William Fichtner as Eric Sachs/The Shredder
Will Arnett as Vernon Fenwick
Whoopi Goldberg as Bernadette Thompson
Directed By: Jonathan "Battle: Los Angeles" Liebesman
Plot: Intrepid reporter April O'Neil refuses to kill stories when pressured by local businessman Eric Sachs, but she stands up for what's right and what a newsperson should when it comes to reporting to the people. Also: Turtles?
Stan Lee Cameo Guess: An explosion.
Fake Trailer
Weird Casey Jones Fanfilm

Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Still Happening, Apparently

Release Date: August 22nd, 2014
Cast:
Jessica Alba as Nancy Callahan
Powers Boothe as Senator Roark
Josh Brolin and Clive Owen as Dwight McCarthy
Jamie Chung as Miho
Rosario Dawson as Gail
Jaime King as Goldie and Wendy
Michael Madsen as Bob
Mickey Rourke as Marv
Directed By: Frank "The Spirit" Miller and Robert "Not The Spirit" Rodriguez
Plot: A sequel to the first film! More fun colors! More pulpy noir! MORE MARV!
Stan Lee Cameo Guess: A hooker who tries to seduce Marv but gets pushed into the rain. "NO RESPECT!" he yells, adjusting his tube top.
Fake Trailer
First Look

The Future

The Avengers: Age of Ultron
Ant-Man
Fantastic Four Reboot
Superman/Batman

The Amazing Spider-Man 3

The Amazing Spider-Man 4

Previous Thread

Cartridgeblowers fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

loving hilarious OP.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Voice of lego Geoff Johns was pretty drat hilarious.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Fantastic OP. Strange as it is I am interested in Guardians of the Galaxy with a dash of William Fichtner as Shredder and especially if the movie centers around Megan Fox because it's a Bay thing to do and not quite expected. Everything else looks fine.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I kinda want Winter Soldier to be out already, even though I didn't really like The First Avenger.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

I kinda want Winter Soldier to be out already, even though I didn't really like The First Avenger.
It will positively suck without Hugo Weaving. :colbert:

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

ufarn posted:

It will positively suck without Hugo Weaving. :colbert:
If my theory of Robert Redford being Strucker is right then it's going to be awesome. Spoiling this because it's based on actual info about the film.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
In other news, it looks like Marvel found a way to make Natalie Portman's character less execrable. Good on them - and boo DC, etc.

(No spoilers in the link.)

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
I don't see it in your details, but Joseph Gordon Levit is going to be in Sin City 2. I can't look up details at work, but if Looper is any indication, he should be playing young Hartigan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He's also come out and said that he isn't doing Ant Man which basically just leaves Paul Rudd.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

ufarn posted:

In other news, it looks like Marvel found a way to make Natalie Portman's character less execrable. Good on them - and boo DC, etc.

(No spoilers in the link.)

Good on them for this, STEM enrollment and interest is moving in the wrong direction in the US.

Too bad it sounds like Natalie Portman is pretty bored in the Thor movies. At least this is something meaningful she can get out of it (besides all that dough). Her character was meh but I always liked her in other roles and was excited before seeing Thor 1 to hear she was in it. Plus we share a birthday.

If they're setting up the Asgard woman from the first movie as a love triangle, hopefully that's how they send Portman off the series because she seems like a better jive for Thor. Seemed like it in the trailer.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Electromax posted:

Good on them for this, STEM enrollment and interest is moving in the wrong direction in the US.

Too bad it sounds like Natalie Portman is pretty bored in the Thor movies. At least this is something meaningful she can get out of it (besides all that dough). Her character was meh but I always liked her in other roles and was excited before seeing Thor 1 to hear she was in it. Plus we share a birthday.

If they're setting up the Asgard woman from the first movie as a love triangle, hopefully that's how they send Portman off the series because she seems like a better jive for Thor. Seemed like it in the trailer.

She was publically pretty pissed about Patty Jenkins having left the project, and if rumours are any indication she tried to leave herself until contracts got brought out to force her to stay. I'd say she's pretty much a lock to be written out of the franchise in some way.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vin Diesel being goofy as hell getting ready to film Guardians of the Galaxy.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

God, he really does seem like an incredibly nice and friendly guy.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
The second I heard about that STEM business with Portman I knew full well why she came back for Thor 2. I'm sure even with contracts in play she could have found some way out of it, but good on her (and Marvel) for turning it into a chance to do some real solid science-good.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I don't like that Portman's character was the only mentioned love interest from the rest Phase 1 in the Avengers (other than Paltrow, but she was actually in the film). We get no mention of Betty Ross or even Cap bringing up Peggy. Having Coulson talk to Thor about Jane being moved to safety felt like a bit of a shoehorned moment, and I wish they had at least made it a plot point, moving everyone's loved ones to safe locations.

i like tacos
Mar 26, 2010

Ask me about being a liar who doesn't actually like tacos and is a disagreeable asshole

jivjov posted:

I don't like that Portman's character was the only mentioned love interest from the rest Phase 1 in the Avengers (other than Paltrow, but she was actually in the film). We get no mention of Betty Ross or even Cap bringing up Peggy. Having Coulson talk to Thor about Jane being moved to safety felt like a bit of a shoehorned moment, and I wish they had at least made it a plot point, moving everyone's loved ones to safe locations.

She was the only love interest working with SHIELD and Selvig was captured. Also I think Cap was supposed to have a scene with old Peggy but it got taken out.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Jane Foster spin off movie. Jane and Beta Ray Bill through the Marvel Cosmos.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

i like tacos posted:

She was the only love interest working with SHIELD and Selvig was captured. Also I think Cap was supposed to have a scene with old Peggy but it got taken out.

I forgot she started coordinating with SHIELD at the end of Thor. That actually makes sense. Thanks for that.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Gatts posted:

Jane gets hitched to a horse man on the way back to her home planet

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
She was going to have a cameo like Paltrow did, but was incredibly pregnant at the time. That's why Jane Foster gets whisked away to an island.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

jivjov posted:

The cellist :colbert:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Opopanax posted:

The cellist :colbert:

I do love how people point to this being Scarlett Witch, but I have zero memories of her playing Cello ever, and I had an unhealthy obsession with her when I was a teenager.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Gatts posted:

She has to actually survive The Dark World first.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I do love how people point to this being Scarlett Witch, but I have zero memories of her playing Cello ever, and I had an unhealthy obsession with her when I was a teenager.

Who. Who does that

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Hakkesshu posted:

Who. Who does that

Probably the same internet people who won't get off that idiotic idea that Coulson is going to be The Vision for god knows what reason.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CapnAndy posted:

She was going to have a cameo like Paltrow did, but was incredibly pregnant at the time. That's why Jane Foster gets whisked away to an island.

All the more reason why she should have been in the movie. Thor's :smith: look would have been priceless.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Dacap posted:

Probably the same internet people who won't get off that idiotic idea that Coulson is going to be The Vision for god knows what reason.

I keep seeing people say this but what is the basis for that? I'm going to start insisting that he's going to become the Human Torch.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Guardians/Portal crossover confirmed!

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
Is the world really ready for Vin Diesel releasing the power of mechanically assisted Chaos Dunks?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dacap posted:

Yea, exactly. Its one of those stupid internet nerd things that get argued but have zero basis in reality outside of some wishing posts online. They invented an attribute for Wanda and then used that to justify Coulson as the Vision.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Senor Candle posted:

I keep seeing people say this but what is the basis for that? I'm going to start insisting that he's going to become the Human Torch.

An expansion of the LMD theory I guess. I don't know why people would want him playing lovely, boring Vision when he's a good likable character already.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Dacap posted:

An expansion of the LMD theory I guess. I don't know why people would want him playing lovely, boring Vision when he's a good likable character already.

That's basically the point. They want him to be the Vision instead of getting the tired old "beep-boop-beep begin program exe bone Scarlet Witch" Vision that comes back up every time Vision gets torn in half. They want Coulson with superpowers not Vision

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011
There was this that went around too. http://io9.com/5935715/is-this-what-vision-might-look-like-in-avengers-2

Edit: Yeah I should've clarified, people spread the pictures without that whole 'random sculptor' part so it was posted about as "COULSON IS THE VISION LEAKED PICS".

Mister Chompers fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 18, 2013

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
"A random sculptor completely unrelated to the movie made this, therefore it is proof!"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

That's like the artwork of DiCaprio as Anakin that floated around before Attack of the Clones came out because people were terrified he was going to be in it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

SirDan3k posted:

That's basically the point. They want him to be the Vision instead of getting the tired old "beep-boop-beep begin program exe bone Scarlet Witch" Vision that comes back up every time Vision gets torn in half. They want Coulson with superpowers not Vision

So they basically want Coulson to be Donald from Invincible?

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.
With Chris Pratt set to be in both the lego movie and Guardians of the Galaxy, his career could die before it's really born. It's too bad, he's great on parks and rec.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

That's like the artwork of DiCaprio as Anakin that floated around before Attack of the Clones came out because people were terrified he was going to be in it.

But that would have been 1000 times better than what we got...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Grifter posted:

With Chris Pratt set to be in both the lego movie and Guardians of the Galaxy, his career could die before it's really born. It's too bad, he's great on parks and rec.

Guardians of the Galaxy could go either way, though. Honestly, it's the most ambitious thing Marvel's done so far, it has a fantastic cast, and if marketed correctly I don't see how it could fail. I can't wait for them to get out a trailer.

That said, I am really curious to see how Thor 2 does. Iron Man 3 did way better than I expected it to, so I'm curious to see if Thor 2 manages to cross the $500 or $600 million mark.

• Locked thread