Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

TetsuoTW posted:

A wizard An Odin did it.

I can pretty easily accept this an an excuse for anything Thor related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

jivjov posted:

There was a dropped plot point that Thor only had a limited amount of time on earth, but all of that got scrapped and all that's left is Loki's "How much dark energy did the Allfather use to conjure you here?" line.

Which is probably going to come up in/trigger the whole Thor 2 dark world thingy. The usual use dark forbidden power unleash dark forbidden power on the world.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

The Goon posted:

Are you serious?

...gently caress that's a really dumb typo.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
So I just, allegedly, had the two after-credits scenes for Thor: The Dark World spoiled for me. Little bit bummed, if what I've been told is true.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Dan Didio posted:

So I just, allegedly, had the two after-credits scenes for Thor: The Dark World spoiled for me. Little bit bummed, if what I've been told is true.

Wanna put what was said in spoiler tags for those of us who don't care about spoilers?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

MrFlibble posted:

Wanna put what was said in spoiler tags for those of us who don't care about spoilers?

I just asked the guy who told me it to send me the link he got it from.

EDIT: This is what he cites: http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/10/22/thor-the-dark-world-after-the-credits-scene-spoilers/

It's not very reputable in and of itself, but it lines up with what a few other sites, Joblo.com, Bleedingcool, and what interviews with Clive Russel and Alan Taylor have said so I'm inclined to believe it.

Shirkelton fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Oct 23, 2013

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Yeah even if the mid credits scene ends up being different from the multiple sources it's safe to say that it's a Guardians tease and directed by James Gunn.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

Yeah even if the mid credits scene ends up being different from the multiple sources it's safe to say that it's a Guardians tease and directed by James Gunn.

Yeah, that's straight from Taylor and Feige's collective mouths. The exact details of it are unknown, but it seems very likely from Russel's interview slip that it involves Del Toro's The Collector in some fashion.

So I'm reasonably sure that the info I linked to is accurate.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Which I can only presume means that every Marvel film until Avengers 3 is going to have someone finding another piece of the Infinity Gauntlet at the end of the film.

Also because trailers for trailers are apparently still in here's 10 seconds of Cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaynOP_Hhmo

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Chris Evans looks really weird with the shield sans uniform.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Waterhaul posted:

Which I can only presume means that every Marvel film until Avengers 3 is going to have someone finding another piece of the Infinity Gauntlet at the end of the film.

Also because trailers for trailers are apparently still in here's 10 seconds of Cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaynOP_Hhmo

I'm not sufficiently hyped. They should have done a trailer to announce the trailer announcing the trailer.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Here is a teaser for the teaser for the trailer.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

gently caress.Yes

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Dexo posted:

gently caress.Yes
This isn't that surprising. They've made it clear that they want to do a Black Panther film, but the question is when. Phase 3 is still very possible, since so far we just have Ant-Man.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Does Black Panther have any enemies who are worth a drat? Even Klaw's kinda lovely.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Does Black Panther have any enemies who are worth a drat? Even Klaw's kinda lovely.

Namor.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Dexo posted:

gently caress.Yes

Watch him make that exact same quote when Avengers 10 is coming out.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CapnAndy posted:

I guess there's M'Baku the Man-Ape.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Shield.

Shield wants to exploit Wakanda and Black Panther isn't going to tolerate it.

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

A Black Panther and Namor movie would be astounding. But who could they cast as Namor that would capture the pure, unbridled smugness of the character?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

DFu4ever posted:

A Black Panther and Namor movie would be astounding. But who could they cast as Namor that would capture the pure, unbridled smugness of the character?
Tim Buckley

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

DFu4ever posted:

I will never stop repping Daniel Dae Kim as Namor.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

CapnAndy posted:

Does Black Panther have any enemies who are worth a drat?

Marvel editorial.

DFu4ever posted:

But who could they cast as Namor that would capture the pure, unbridled smugness of the character?

Allow me to introduce to you an unknown actor perfect for the part named Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
To be honest though I don't want to see Namor in the marvel movies unless they get F4 license back because is Namor really Namor is he isn't trying to bone Sue Storm?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMUUv4RQ9o8

"Was he wearing a parachute?"

text me a vag pic
May 18, 2007

I really like the brief shot of Falcon, who is wearing all black.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
That guy's wonky eyes were very distracting.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

redbackground posted:

That guy's wonky eyes were very distracting.

Callan Mulvey? Yeah, he's an Australian actor. Been in a few films, and headed a couple of tv shows.

quote:

Mulvey was injured in a serious car accident in 2003,[1] in a head-on collision at 100 km/h. He was trapped in the vehicle for almost an hour until he could be freed from the wreckage. The midsection of his face collapsed, an incision was made from ear to ear over the top of his scalp, his face "pulled down" and 17 titanium plates were then inserted to repair the fractures to his face and jaw. His left knee and ankle were badly fractured and he lost vision in one eye.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I hope they go somewhere with the clash between Cap and Fury over how SHIELD should operate.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Man, I wasn't a huge fan of the first Cap film, but this new one looks like something I can really get behind.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

S.J. posted:

Man, I wasn't a huge fan of the first Cap film, but this new one looks like something I can really get behind.

I agree, the first film kinda felt like nothing but fluff. This one seems like it actually has something to tell.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

mr.capps posted:

I agree, the first film kinda felt like nothing but fluff. This one seems like it actually has something to tell.

The first half of the first film was mostly great, but the wrap-up was basically "and then he punched all the bad guys." Which might still have been cool if they had made Red Skull an actual nazi wearing a spooky mask with nazi henchmen instead of a failed super-soldier with generic sci-fi henchmen armed with dumb sci-fi weapons.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I'm glad they included the parachute-less skydive from Ultimates. I was disappointed they skipped that chance when he jumped out of the plane in the first movie.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Natasha should be saving Cap, not the other way around.

Redford seems to be sleeping his way through this in the same way that Hopkins slept through Thor.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I hope they go somewhere with the clash between Cap and Fury over how SHIELD should operate.

Cap: I don't like the way SHIELD is run.
Fury: Well what experience do you have to make it better.
Cap: Well I did about 4 missions some 60 years ago.
Fury: Okay...

Waterhaul fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 24, 2013

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
When is Wolverine going to join the Avengers? It's not the Avengers without Wolverine.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Never.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Hang on, let me just go check the thermometer down in Hell.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is there no "out" in the contract with Fox? You'd think Marvel would have been smarter than to effectively sign over the movie rights to their biggest franchise (at the time) in perpetuity.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Is there no "out" in the contract with Fox? You'd think Marvel would have been smarter than to effectively sign over the movie rights to their biggest franchise (at the time) in perpetuity.

There is an 'out', it just won't happen in any reasonable amount of time. Marvel sold the rights in the 90's to prevent from loving collapsing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Yeah, the out is a few years passing with no movie. That's how they got DD and Punisher back. If Wolverine and X-Men First Class tanked, I could imagine it reverting. If the next FF movie tanks, they'll probably get it back, but Fox may just be keeping that one in development to hang on to the rights.

• Locked thread