Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

twistedmentat posted:

I like how Hal is bringing Supes a burger while everyone else has jewels. Kal-El the merciless will not be pleased.

If I was Superman I'd gather up all the Right Wing leaders and pundits and exile then to their own planet. Hey they keep saying how they were successful without any help or privilege so they should be fine.

If I had Superman's powers, I would literally be Stalin. - You, right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
If I were Superman I'd hang out and drink beer with the tiny Superman I can shoot from my finger.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The best part is how the burger is still shining just like the jewels.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

twistedmentat posted:

If I was Superman I'd gather up all the Right Wing leaders and pundits and exile then to their own planet. Hey they keep saying how they were successful without any help or privilege so they should be fine.

It didn't work with Hulk, it won't work with Limbaugh.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Sarchasm posted:

It didn't work with Hulk, it won't work with Limbaugh.

Planet Limbaugh and World War Limbaugh are comics I really want to read.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Russell Linn Bach was a mild mannered radio dj who one day saw a minority vote, unleashing the rage within.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Yeah I'd just end up as Injustice Superman eventually because people are jerks, myself included.

"I said stop bombing people and feed them!"
"b-but our military industrial complex and agribusiness job creators and :qq:"
"oh gently caress you, enjoy your lobotomy"

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SirDan3k posted:

Yeah I'd just end up as Injustice Superman eventually because people are jerks, myself included.

"I said stop bombing people and feed them!"
"b-but our military industrial complex and agribusiness job creators and :qq:"
"oh gently caress you, enjoy your lobotomy"

I think a lot of us were really on board with Injustice Superman until he started killing heroes and teaming up with Sinestro.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'd make an epic heel turn when my music started playing during the 2022 Middle East War and I hit the American military in the back with a folding chair.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How did superman come to team up with a guy named Sinestro?

Fear not humans, I, Betrayzon, am here to save the day and am definitely to be trusted.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

greatn posted:

How did superman come to team up with a guy named Sinestro?

You got something against left handed people?

Now Atrocitus? That is an unfortunate name.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Captain America should totally team up with General Grievous, that guy can be trusted and they are old military buddies.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WickedHate posted:

I think a lot of us were really on board with Injustice Superman until he started killing heroes and teaming up with Sinestro.

Then he made an orphan out of Green Arrow/Back Canary's kid.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
If I was superman I too would become Dr Doom.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Then he made an orphan out of Green Arrow/Back Canary's kid.

Injustice 2 will probably be about that kid.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

Injustice 2 will probably be about that kid.

He has the power to shoot arrows out of his mouth.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
Can someone give me a run down on any production difficulties for The Amazing Spiderman 2? I finally watched it a couple of nights ago and was terribly let down after enjoying the first movie alot.

Was Harry Osborn forced on the story at all? I enjoyed Electro as a loser that is infatuated with Spiderman, but it seems like they quickly dropped any sort of character for him and just made him "bad guy hungry for power" during the first fight scene.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If I was Superman, I would beat Brock Lesnar and become WWE World Heavyweight Champion. RAPADOOOOOOO!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

If I was Superman, I would beat Brock Lesnar and become WWE World Heavyweight Champion. RAPADOOOOOOO!!

Like they'd ever give a foreigner a World title match.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Endless Mike posted:

Clearly someone hasn't read Superman vs Mohammed Ali

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Havoc904 posted:

Can someone give me a run down on any production difficulties for The Amazing Spiderman 2? I finally watched it a couple of nights ago and was terribly let down after enjoying the first movie alot.

Was Harry Osborn forced on the story at all? I enjoyed Electro as a loser that is infatuated with Spiderman, but it seems like they quickly dropped any sort of character for him and just made him "bad guy hungry for power" during the first fight scene.
A large part of the weirdness of ASM2 was that they were desperate to create a universe around it - Harry Osborne was needed so they could make a Sinister 6 movie (which very well might not get made because of ASM2's reception).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also for some reason they keep putting Richard Parker into the movies but audiences have said multiple times that they really don't care about the character. ASM 1 was supposed to have a bigger subplot with him but they cut it out after test screenings.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Havoc904 posted:

The major problem facing the production was that the team of Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman were attached the project in a dual role as writer/producers, and they're mostly known for crankin' out big budget turds like the Transformers reboot, Cowboys and Aliens, and Star Trek: Into Darkness.

And yeah, the half-assed world building certainly didn't help.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

muscles like this? posted:

Also for some reason they keep putting Richard Parker into the movies but audiences have said multiple times that they really don't care about the character. ASM 1 was supposed to have a bigger subplot with him but they cut it out after test screenings.

Who in their right mind really thought anyone gives a poo poo about Richard Parker? I care so little about him that I've been a big Spidey fan since before I could read, and I frequently forget that his first name is Richard.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Madkal posted:

Clearly someone hasn't read Superman vs Mohammed Ali

It's loving awesome

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

The Action Man posted:

Who in their right mind really thought anyone gives a poo poo about Richard Parker? I care so little about him that I've been a big Spidey fan since before I could read, and I frequently forget that his first name is Richard.

Not only is the Richard Parker story dull and cliched, they manage to drag it through two movies without any payoff whatsoever.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

JT Smiley posted:

Not only is the Richard Parker story dull and cliched, they manage to drag it through two movies without any payoff whatsoever.

I thought the opening Richard Parker scene was good, but it needed to be a major focus of the story and have a really cool payoff.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

You would just get beat by John Cena because he overcomes all odds.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Every hack director wants to make movies about families and relationships because they think that is what a film truly is. So we get boring family drama in our movies about guys in tights.

Unless they are played by John Slatterly.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

If I had Superman's powers, I would literally be Stalin. - You, right now

Talk about a Man of Steel!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

twistedmentat posted:

Every hack director wants to make movies about families and relationships because they think that is what a film truly is. So we get boring family drama in our movies about guys in tights.

Unless they are played by John Slatterly.

Slatterly will get you nowhere.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

greatn posted:

You would just get beat by John Cena because he overcomes all odds.

He was good in a FRED movie, that right there is like the hardest odds to over come.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Guardians of the Galaxy is still leading the box office ... 35 days after release. It's unstoppable. :psyduck:

(A few other films crept into first place on their release during that time but Guardians just keeps coming back.)

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Guardians of the Galaxy is still leading the box office ... 35 days after release. It's unstoppable. :psyduck:

(A few other films crept into first place on their release during that time but Guardians just keeps coming back.)

Obviously audiences are just biding their time until Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day comes out.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I wanna go back through this thread and other threads where people were doomsaying this movie as the one that'd herald The End Of Marvel and take all those posts and just print them out and use them as wallpaper.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

We're still in the least successful blockbuster season for years. That won't change overnight.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I wanna go back through this thread and other threads where people were doomsaying this movie as the one that'd herald The End Of Marvel and take all those posts and just print them out and use them as wallpaper.

These same people predicted that DOFP would be a god awful train wreck and have now decided that Iron Man 3 was the worst Marvel film.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

MooselanderII posted:

These same people predicted that DOFP would be a god awful train wreck and have now decided that Iron Man 3 was the worst Marvel film.

Exactly, not much to do but point and laugh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MooselanderII posted:

Pretty much everyone was assuming DOFP would be a god-awful train wreck. It's a real stretch to argue that wasn't a common opinion. It had pretty terrible advertising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Sometimes you got to be smug man, don't let reality get in the way of that.

I mean who doesn't want to be the person who correctly predicted a movie was good, its the ultimate accomplishment.

• Locked thread