Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hakkesshu posted:

Then what do you call Guardians of the Galaxy? And, like, Ultron?

You really call James Spader a TV actor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I mean, that's what he's been doing for the last 10 years, so yes.

He has also been in movies, and that is what he is known for.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lobok posted:

You could argue "TV!" "Movies!" back and forth, especially since the lines are either irrelevant for actors these days or simply blurred, but while Pratt is obviously well-liked as Andy I'm thinking that wouldn't have been enough and it was his turn in Zero Dark Thirty that allowed him to get the GotG role.

Also Moneyball.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I guess it's a dumb thing to argue about, since there is no definition (Katee Sackhoff has also been in movies either way), but I'd bet a whole lot more people these days know James Spader from Boston Legal than they do from Crash or Stargate or whatever.

He should be known for the classic film Tuff Turf along with RDJ

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

They need someone who's cheap, sexy, reasonably actiony and punchy, and can hold her own as part of an ensemble cast with Robert Downey Jr, Samuel L. Jackson, and Paul Rudd.

Can Michele Rodriguez pull off blonde hair?

John Byrne might have something to say about that.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DFu4ever posted:

Honestly, what the hell is wrong with the people who wrote that musical? Everything about it seems terrible.

How could you say anything bad about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-epVr5kr8M

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Nov 6, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Shawn posted:

For every post about what a douche Max Landis is I feel there should be a post about how awesome and down to earth Max Brooks is. I met that dude at a comic con and he was a class act.

Here is another big difference: Max Brooks's father is Mel Brooks and he seems like an awesome guy too. Max Landis's father is responsible for the deaths of two kids and an actor.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Nov 6, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Deadpool posted:

They're going to try to do way too much with this movie and it's going to suffer for it. I realize they need to catch up, but throwing a bunch of stuff out at once is the wrong way to do it.

This movie already feels like a bigger mess than Iron Man 2. I liked the first one, but the second movie does not need two or three characters other than the main. This seems like its going to be a huge clusterfuck of epic proportions.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

Yeah. You can toss Hawkeye or Black Widow into a movie and just say "Shield Agent with a Bow/Russian accent" and most people are fine with that, you build on that in any number of ways. You toss WW in and say "Warrior diplomat from mythical island", and you just raise more questions that distract from the main characters.

Also Black Widow and Hawkeye are really not well known. They are trying to introduce Batman and Wonder Woman into a film and not make it about them. These characters do not need to be intoduced they are BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

This movie truly will be Amazing.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 8, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Dacap posted:

The female casting rumors for BvS are for the female lead, people are jumping to conclusions that it's Wonder Woman. Likely it's whomever Batman's love interest will be.

Or someone like Mercy

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

404GoonNotFound posted:

Thanks to The Venture Brothers, anything other than Stephen Colbert as Reed Richards is heresy.

He has not been Professor Impossible for the last couple of seasons.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

I feel like James Purefoy, who you know would be down since he almost played V in V for Vendetta, would nail it. He has a cool voice, and based on Rome, he's great at spiteful ranting.

I thought he left since he had to wear a mask?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

Some interesting news from Guillermo Del Toro...it seems there's other plans for a DC Cinematic Universe than 'poo poo put EVERYONE in Batman vs. Superman'. I just wished they'd pick a less stupid name than 'Justice League Dark'.

Thats already the title of the comic and its done just to tie into the Justice League franchise.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lobok posted:

One thing that surprised me was that Odin had a father. I had never heard of that in the comics, I thought Odin had been around since the beginning of everything.

Odin's father has appeared. Loki caused him to go nuts and Thor killed him, and that caused for him to be exiled and Balder was given control of Asgard. Loki then convinced him to move to Latveria. It was in JMS run

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I had seen a message board post by a Whedon fanboy insisting that Sarah Michelle Gellar could and should play Captain Marvel. I didn't really buy it. I've now encountered another suggestion: Anna Torv.

I'm actually watching Fringe at the moment. I'm not really sure. Maybe?

How far are you in it?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

I'm only halfway through the second season at the moment.

She gets a lot better and I am not going to say more since its incredible to watch.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I just want to see him fight THE WALL

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Is Spidey weak to the chokeslam?

You fool

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

greatn posted:

Yeah, as ham handedly as Bryan Singer tried to link being gay and being a mutant, the metaphor simply doesn't hold up beyond the most simple "I was born this way".

The scene in X2 where Ice Man's parents ask him "Have you tried not being a mutant?" is so eyeroll inducing.

I am pretty sure that scene was based off either Bryan Singer or Ian Mckellens own coming out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

The problem is that nobody seems to care about Cyclops in the movies. See also his halfassed appearance in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

If you se that as your evidence they do not care about anyone in that film, since everyone and everything was halfassed.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The real reason why Carol got wiped?
http://carolastrickland.com/comics/msmarvel/

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

He started writing when he was 14, and never stopped being 14.

That's really cool. I figure the dancer talked about being killed was the one who was, ugh, Angel?

EDIT: XMen is on AMC right now, and I never realized that Rogue's oufit at the start of the movie is very much like on of her classic outs, green coat with hood.

Though I also heard in a newscast that Henry Gyrich was mauled by a bear, but I don't remember him anywhere in the film.

He was the Robert Kelly aide that Mystique was impersonating. However, they could just ignore it as they have done it before (Beast)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Holy jesus christ the next Superman film is going to be a clusterfuck of epic proportions. They are not going to be able to introduce all the new characters and be able to focus on Superman and his cast. This seems like such a bad bad idea. They are going to need an amazing director and writer to do this right.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

redbackground posted:

Did we know that Flash was being added as well? Can't remember if that was already confirmed.

I do not think so since they are having the Flash tv show.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Yeah I mean I want a Wonder Woman movie really bad but considering Man of Steel barely even delved into Superman's character in a span of 2.5 hours where he was the only featured superhero, this does not bode well.

I also realized that they are going to hook up Superman and Wonder Woman and waste an amazing Lois Lane. It is going to turn into mostly a Batman and Wonder Woman movie and Superman and his cast will be an afterthought.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

You don't need to introduce Batman or even Wonder Woman to audiences. They know who they are.

They might since the most famous Wonder Woman is the one from the 70s tv show and they are going to try to show how this Batman is diffrent from the Nolan one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Between this and Spider-Man 2 I don't know how people aren't freaking out about Guardians. It's has (at least) 3 villains AND is introducing an entire team of new heroes with their own backstory without the bonus of everybody knowing who Batman and Wonder Woman are.

There is a diffrence between a team movie which Guardians is and this which is suppose to be sequel to Man of Steel not a backdoor pilot for a Superman and Wonder Woman movie. It just seems that its going to be worse than Iron Man 2 with Black Widow and Hawkeye.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

This is a team film not just a Man of Steel sequel. It's why they've been working on a dual Batman/Superman title and not calling it Man of Steel 2.

I have always heard it called Untitled Man of Steel sequel.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Eh! Frank posted:

Nah, they're both pretty much correct. Garfield's Spider-Man is much more faithful to the character than Toby's was, but over-all the movie is kinda forgettable.

And that trailer makes me feel more optimistic about the movie. Having all the villains be created by Oscorp is a bit lazy, but it's 100x better than "Hey, I'm a villain, you're a villain, let's be villains together!" Plus the effects look pretty drat good (Spider-Man 3's effects looked like rear end even when it first came out).

Having the villains being created by Oscorps or another company worked really really well in Spectaculer and Ultimate.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

DFu4ever posted:

ASM1 had a great cast and did a fantastic job introducing and establishing the character. Honestly, it was the second best comic movie to come out that year after Avengers.

And no, I didn't forget that Dark Knight Rises came out that year.

You forgot Dredd

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

I wouldn't say editing saved it since it was editing that cut out a ton of scenes including a major characters death so he just disappears at the end of the film for no reason.

Which character is this?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I can not wait for Avengers the Crossing as directed by Uwe Boll or Tommy Wiseau

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Koalas March posted:

Michael b Jordan. Or wait, is he still gonna be Johnny Storm?

I think the real question is who is going to play Black Panther?

Johnny Depp

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

But who will be a friend to the children in these movies?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

greatn posted:

M.A.S.H?

bro?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

A Hawkeye movie that does not have Pizza Dog is a pointless movie.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Olibu posted:

That's not clear at all. They are fairly generic powers, the starting idea for Pixar is usually a simple one. "A family has superpowers." "What do toys do when they're alone?" "What if a rat liked fine cuisine?"

Their costumes are very close to the FF and the last frame of the film is a homage to Fantastic Four #1.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 16, 2013

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

greatn posted:

Is he like Scarlet Witch but with more control?

He also has a pet Galactus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

Does he have his powers back again? Or are you talking about adult Franklin from the future that has a pet Galactus?

Yes he has his powers back. Also the Future Franklin has the pet Galactus. Hickman's run was so so good.

• Locked thread