Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

New character pictures from Days of Future Past.

Quicksilver looks less like a member of the BK Kids' Club. Who's the top guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's a great tagline.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As someone who's never read GotG, do they deal with the usual space powers like the Kree, Skrull, Shiar, Celestials, etc.? Just wondering if we'll see any of them in the movie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah when I saw he was cast for the movie, I thought he was trying to do more "serious stuff" like he did in Zero Dark Thirty. I'm glad they are going the more comedic route however, Pratt is a loving comedy powerhouse.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

notthegoatseguy posted:

I liked how they modified Cap's costume when sending him on SHIELD ops. In the comics, when he's doing covert ops stuff, it looks really weird with the blue and red spandex.

Isn't just his Secret Avengers costume?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well the critics that got to see Cap 2 early are gushing about it.

And a clip of the scene where Cap is chasing Bu- I mean THE WINTER SOLDIER and throws his shield at him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyUTeZVnd2w

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

That outside scene is some really rough green screening.

I don't see it :confused:

Is Sebastian Stan signed on for any additional movies?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

They could inject some life into AoS and have him join the cast.

Is he still on Once Upon a Time (in Wonderland)?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Medullah posted:

Is the Winter Soldier identity even a spoiler at this point? I know they haven't explicitly said who he was, but they're not really trying to hide it.

I'd say...no.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Comfortador posted:

Here's a question really none of us can answer, since we're all in the know, but I will ask it anyways.

In the first Cap movie, was his character significant enough that people will even remember who he is? To me, the movie just didn't sell him hard enough that the general populace would even think twice about him dying/not dying.

If Stan was a bigger name, people would remember. I think that if they could go back in time and make the movie again, knowing that all the MCU/Avengers stuff would be a massive success, they'd probably go back and recast Bucky as someone more prominent. I'm not down on Stan at all, I think he's a good actor and he looks great as the Winter Soldier, but if they really want to sell the gutpunch reveal like when he got brought back in the original Winter Soldier run, they'd need someone the audience would remember.

{Full disclosure: I wasn't reading comics at the time so I don't know if it was a huge deal or not back then).

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah and he looks kinda cool and not, you know, utterly loving ridiculous.

AnonSpore posted:

Man it must be really weird to come to work one day and it looks like a loving rhino came flying in through a window and rampaged through the office before flying out the other end.

Life in the Marvel universe. I can't understand why a single person lives in 616 Manhattan at this point.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Barry Convex posted:

AFAIK, those contracts are standard business for most of the MCU players other than Downey, Hemsworth, and Evans. It doesn't mean that they have plans to cast him in anywhere near seven more films, just that they want to make sure they have dibs on him for a while should they decide to use him.

Evans did an interview where he said he's under contract for six movies, and he plans to be in six. I'm assuming that's three stand alones and three Avengers. He also said his Thor cameo didn't count.

I wonder how these actors feel when they get cast as superheroes. I mean, I know they think "Haha I'm loving set for life", but I wonder how it feels to fully suit up and look in the mirror and think "I'm goddamn Captain America".

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

IUG posted:

The answer to both should be "loving awesome".

Yeah but then you have Tom Welling...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This is gonna be the first real look at Cap's character. Not an origin story where he's coming to terms with what happened to him, not sharing the stage. What I'm saying is maybe this movie will alleviate some of your concerns.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uh, huh.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mr. Maltose posted:

Boy's Life is full of doofy-rear end jokes like that. Hence the wacky drawing of Iron Man reciting Darth Vader's line. Why do I have to explain this?

Sorry, it's canon.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Star Wars and Marvel merging universes would be bomb as hell and you can't convince me otherwise. :colbert:

Ugh no I'm so sick of the Brood.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

I still think the jury's out on F4, since it has the potential to be a massive bomb. I don't think they can do much of anything to make the public at large give a poo poo about Fantastic Four. Maybe that X-Men crossover that was rumored, but ehh, I think it's in the same camp as something like Daredevil.

Fake edit: The best Fantastic Four movie is still those episodes of Arrested Development.

FF: Silver Surfer made almost twice it's budget back worldwide. I know fans hated them, hell I never even watched the second one, but they made bank.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

I'm pretty sure that twice it's budget worldwide isn't considered super great for a blockbuster, right? Most of them want to beat their budget on domestic gross alone.

It broke even in the States ($130m)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Elfface posted:

The really crazy thing is some of the explanations given for Cloud-lactus.

"Oh, well, maybe they didn't think an audience would take a huge guy trying to chew on Earth seriously..."

In the movie with a naked silver space-surfer.

You know how a lot of things look better on the page?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How does one act whiter?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Look it's a Ninja Turtle.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Movie Hawkeye is basically Ultimate Hawkeye, who's one boring motherfucker. Iron Man picks up the slack for abrasive wisecracking guy who gets on Cap's nerves, so it's fine.

Uh, he kills a room full of dudes with his pulled out fingernails!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

io9 has a rundown of the first part of the X-men movie here. Spoilers, obviously.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Until that last paragraph I was worried about just how far the film was going :stare:

Yeah it sounds loving brutal.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Kevin Feige says they are developing a Black Widow standalone movie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Haha, well yours is later so you win!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

:monocle:Whoa New TMNT Trailer:monocle:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's some GotG full body promos:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=97252

I think they're just hires cutouts from the poster on second look. Still, looks good.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

ASM 2 lookin really good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyV57QlGUGI

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Waterhaul posted:

Kevin Feige is usually full of poo poo when it comes to things but I hope you like comic book films.

source

Can you imagine being a 13 year old Marvel comic books/superhero fan in this era? Id've lost my poo poo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Business Week has an interview with Feige about his upcoming plans, but there's an exchange between him and Gunn in the editing bay which gives a hint at who the seeeecret GotG villian is!

quote:

Gunn freezes a frame of an imposing-looking villain any serious comic book fan would recognize instantly. He sits on a rocket-powered throne. Feige sees something on the screen that he doesn’t like. The evildoer needs to be farther away in the frame so he looks more imperious, he says.

“I don’t know,” says Gunn. “I think it’s going to look cool, man.”

“You just don’t want him to feel petty in that way,” Feige says. “I think it’s a fine line.”

“How do you think it comes off as petty here?” Gunn says.

“He’s so drat close,” Feige says.

“Yeah,” concedes Gunn. “I think I’m going to have him floating in space.”

Feige is concerned about the throne, too. He points at the base. “Those don’t need to be rockets,” he says. “Maybe gravity disks?” Feige says he’ll check back later.

In the hallway he extracts a pledge not to name the bad guy. “That could not be a bigger spoiler,” Feige says.

Professor X in GotG confirmed!!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Gee, I wonder if it's Thanos given that Feige said, like a year ago that it loving was.

Whoa whoa whoa keep that under your hat buddy.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Thanos does not have a throne. He has a helicopter.

What is it with Silver Age villians writing their names all over everything they own.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So, in the "Special Thanks" section of the credits to TWC, they thank Brubaker, obviously, but also Bendis?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Has this thread discussed the fact that Cap 2 made like a zillion dollars and had the best opening weekend of any movie in April ever?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's your first look at DOFP Quicksilver's super speed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHGtWToCxQo

:shepface:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dacap posted:

Drew Goddard is directing Sinister Six for Sony

http://www.slashfilm.com/drew-goddard-sinister-six/

It's amazing how ambitious they are being with these shared universe superhero movies. It helps that they are a money printing machine, but if I would've told you before Iron Man, that Marvel was going to do all these separate origin films and bring them all together for the Avengers, you'd have thought it would've been a disaster. Now they are getting into some less popular titles/characters like GotG and Sinister Six, it's really cool.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Sinister Six is Sony. Nothing to do with Marvel Studios.

It's still a good thing because nothing like this is being attempted before. They are being experimental just like Marvel themselves.

Right, I know, and certainly the success of the Marvel stuff paved the way for Sony. Still, it's ambitious as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Russo with a bit of a Cap 3 tease

quote:

In the Marvel cone of secrecy, we won’t divulge too much, but I will say this. The movie is clearly written as a two-parter. There is a, there would seem to, the next movie would seem to require a continuation of the journey of the Winter Soldier.

I mean, duh, but also, good!

• Locked thread