Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Mandalay posted:

I'm serious

Yes and so after so many months worth of your life, are you really ready to accept a new and confusing UI into your heart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

If not, then thats fine because they're going to re-design it in next years edition and use it as a selling point.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

euroboy posted:

Also, there's a lot of expensive transfers going on. Man Utd just signed a £36m left back (Ricardo Rodriguez) and Verthongen for £30m. Meanwhile I'm Wengering it up looking for bargains and germans.

That makes me happy. Nothing irritates me more in FM14 than there being some agreed upon limit of 45m pounds for any player. I'm not saying that 50m deals should be common, but c'mon.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

habeasdorkus posted:

That makes me happy. Nothing irritates me more in FM14 than there being some agreed upon limit of 45m pounds for any player. I'm not saying that 50m deals should be common, but c'mon.

I sold players for more than £45mil on 14...

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
There've been all of two transactions in my 13 years that had the AI offering more than 45m, one was when an all world striker forced his way out of Man City after they fell afoul of FFP, and the other when I idiotically set a minimum fee release clause for the best striker in England at 0 pounds when I meant to give him a relegation release clause. Those were both 60m deals. If it's been different for other people, and the AI is making big swaps, it might just be that my game is weird.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
I have a few players who the big clubs try and buy every window: I set an across the board asking price of 100m to try and make them drop it but they just offer 40-45 over and over. Never seen an offer higher.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Oh it's really rare to get over £45 mil, but I have sold players for £55-£60mil a few times. It should be fairly rare though.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Aye it's not like I ever bother negotiating so it could probably go higher.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I had man utd offer me £60 million for my star striker but he was something like the third or fourth best player in the world so I told them to :getout:

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

Okay, Danny Welbeck kicks serious rear end in the new game. His debut was against City in the Charity Shield and he nabbed our goal in a 1-1 draw (we won on penalties), but then his proper league debut was home to Tottenham. He scored all 5 in a 5-1 massacre!

If this carries on I might be able to forgive the game it's horrible new (old?) side bar.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I had PSG offer repeated £70m bids for one of my strikers. I turned them down, since I didn't want him to play for them.
I also sold a DL for £45m to Man U, but that's what I offered him around at so :effort:

Big thing for me so far in FM15 is that triallist lottery seems viable again. Or at least, a bunch of players I offered trials to have accepted, which rarely happened in FM14.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Guys this is the thread for FM 2014 please respect it

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Where's the cheapest I can get FM15 now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

1857 hours later, and it is over. FM14 is dead.

Long Live FM15.

• Locked thread