Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

White Collar is back for its 5th season tonight Oct 17th at 9/8c

Where we left off:

Neal got the evidence box from the Empire State Building, learning that his father actually was guilty of the murder for which he was imprisoned. Unfortunately there's a confrontation between Neal's dad James and Senator Pratt which ended with James killing Pratt with Peter's gun. Peter was arrested for the murder, while Neal unsuccessfully tried to convince his father to turn himself in.

Da cast of characters:

Matt Bomer as Neal Caffrey:
A skilled forger and thief, Caffrey was imprisoned after being captured by FBI Special Agent Peter Burke. Neal proposes he become an FBI consultant, in exchange for early release. Burke agrees on the condition Neal wears an ankle monitor. Despite being given the opportunity to build a new, honest life for himself, Neal often craves his old life, forcing him to make a choice between the two.

Tim DeKay as Special Agent in Charge Peter Burke:
A hard-working, honest FBI agent, and the head of the investigative team on which Neal serves. He is very committed to his marriage and loves his home life. Peter is the person Neal trusts the most, and Peter is determined to convince Neal that an honest life is possible.

Willie Garson as Mozzie:
Another con-man and close friend of Neal. Mozzie, or Moz, is Neal's most trusted confidante. Abandoned as a baby, he grew up in an orphanage and several foster homes in Detroit, where he learned to be a con-man. Though lacking Neal's people skills, he appears to be a jack of all trades, has an eidetic memory, and, occasionally, helps with investigations.

Tiffani Thiessen as Elizabeth Burke:
An event planner and Peter's wife. She is supportive and understanding of his work and long hours away. An intelligent woman herself, Elizabeth is able to discuss Peter's cases with him, and admires Neal's refinement.

Marsha Thomason as Special Agent Diana Berrigan (recurring Season 1; Season 2–present):
Previously Peter's probationary agent, Diana assists on Peter and Neal's first case together. Transferred to D.C. after her probation ends, she later returns to the investigative team in New York.

Sharif Atkins as Special Agent Clinton Jones (recurring Seasons 1–3; Season 4–present):
Peter's point man who is responsible for carrying out a variety of tasks during the team's investigations, including surveillance. He appreciates Neal's unorthodox contributions to the team.

Hilarie Burton as Sara Ellis (recurring Seasons 2 and 4; Season 3):
An insurance company investigator who testified against Neal when he was on trial, and determined to see him return to prison, she later discovers she enjoys working with him. During an investigation, they embark on a romantic relationship, complicated by the reappearance of Alex.

New episode tonight: "At What Price"
Neal makes a dangerous deal to help clear Peter's name after he is accused of playing a role in Sen. Pratt's death.

(excuse the lack of images, Imgur is down)

Previews for this season show Mozzie and Neal figuring out how to take off the anklet which should bring an interesting change to the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

It's finally here! I've been waiting for this thread all day.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Love is eight legged and squishy

Oh crap the new season is in two minutes. Awesome

muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

There's "Previously on White Collar" and there's "Previously on White Collar."

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

That was an interesting way to return to status quo.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Neal now owes his soul to the king of hell owes a favor to a criminal

muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

Kwyndig posted:

Also fairly quickly, even for a show that's known for fast returning to status quo.

Haha, really show? Peter was gone for 6 weeks and Dianna has turned into almost ready to pop.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

That's one hell of a baby bump for a 'I've been hiding this for a while'

muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

Haha, crazy conspiracy lady cop.

muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

Looks like someone got a little more high class sponsorship this year.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

Well drat now he's got Neal on the hook.

muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

Yeah, Mozz should probably alter his program to have virtual Neal move around.

Also looks like we have our season hook.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Looks like someone got a little more high class sponsorship this year.

I was wondering about that...BMW 6 series 'vert for the company car? Come on...

Maybe it was a gift he bought himself for the ASAC promotion.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

Flying the friendly skies in relative safet-oh god the engine fell off

Was the last season put on Netflix by any chance? I sort of lost track of what was going on.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007
The Bartender

Party Plane Jones posted:

Was the last season put on Netflix by any chance? I sort of lost track of what was going on.

Doesn't look like it.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The fire chief was named Gavin, and was played by the guy who was Dennis Leary's cousin who died in 9/11 on Rescue Me. (And also Max Payne). I thought that was a nice touch.

I was amazed at how quick they got Peter back, I thought it would have at least been a couple of episodes.

It's still a fun show though, I'm glad it's back.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

I'm glad this show is back. I stopped watching Covert Affairs this season though so hopefully this USA show will keep it up!

muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

New episode tonight: "Out of the Frying Pan"
Neal's loyalty is tested when a lead implicates Mozzie as part of an online black market. Hopefully the episode itself has a better explanation for that plot point because right now it doesn't sound that bad.

Also going to have to record this tonight as I'm going to Rifftrax Live.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

The plural is mongooses.

JohnSherman
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

This show is back? Great!

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

Oh man, Mozzie's name is Teddy Winters

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Who is Neal's new handler? He looks familiar but he's not listed on the shows imdb page yet. Was he the guy who was just on a recent episode of Person of Interest? The one about the mob bosses daughter who got pregnant and he kidnapped the kid because it was his son?

Really happy this show is back. And I'm always happy to have Mark Sheppard on my TV. Part of me wishes he could have his own show so I could see him regularly but I really do love all the different characters he plays on these different shows. I miss Leverage with him as Sterling.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

KilGrey posted:

Who is Neal's new handler? He looks familiar but he's not listed on the shows imdb page yet. Was he the guy who was just on a recent episode of Person of Interest? The one about the mob bosses daughter who got pregnant and he kidnapped the kid because it was his son?

Really happy this show is back. And I'm always happy to have Mark Sheppard on my TV. Part of me wishes he could have his own show so I could see him regularly but I really do love all the different characters he plays on these different shows. I miss Leverage with him as Sterling.

Hell, I miss him as Romo Lampkin - Space Lawyer.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!

KilGrey posted:

Don't quote me on this, but I think he was one of the two main characters on USA's quickly canceled "Common Law"

edit:
VVVVVV
I"m so happy I got some piece of television trivia correct I don't even care you hit that quote button

edit2:
For what it's worth, I really didn't mind Common Law and Wes was the best character there and I hope he stays on White Collar for a long time.

ambushsabre fucked around with this message at Oct 26, 2013 around 02:51

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

ambushsabre posted:

Don't quote me on this, but I think he was one of the two main characters on USA's quickly canceled "Common Law"
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1504650/
You are correct. And I'm quoting you.
He was also one of the millions of cult members in the following.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at Oct 26, 2013 around 02:51

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

I am sad that this will mean less Mozzie interaction with anyone besides Neal.

muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

The only person they have to keep Mozzie away from is this new handler and who knows how long he'll be around. Its very doubtful that they'll actually move Peter to DC.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

The Silk Road parody was timely. I enjoyed it.

muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

Its funny how after a couple of years of being the lead on a USA show you're guaranteed a producer credit.

Yay, Jones gets a promotion.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeeey

Those wigs were great.

muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

This isn't very nice of Neal. Even if the girl is a complete cliche.

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

Peter has to know Neal is up to something. That look of utter surprise when he got in the car was a dead giveaway.

muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

Holy poo poo, what?

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013

Holy poo poo! Didn't see that one coming...

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

That's what you get for working with Mark Sheppard Neal. Your new friends get killed

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

I desperately need a gif of Neal's face when Peter hopped in the car before the commercial break.

And holy poo poo, I didn't see this coming at ALL. I was completely ready for them to mix it up and have Peter be the boss from now on and have a new handler.

muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

That was a pretty crazy move since they spent all episode giving backstory for him.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

I guess Moz doesn't need to worry about getting IDed anymore.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

On the upside, Rebecca is going to be in 8 episodes

Is Hilarie Burton gone for good and they've replaced her with this redhead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this?
Jan 17, 2005

BOGGLE?

Schiavona posted:

On the upside, Rebecca is going to be in 8 episodes

Is Hilarie Burton gone for good and they've replaced her with this redhead?

The whole Hilarie Burton situation was weird, she got hired on as a regular but they never really could decide what they wanted to do with the character so she pretty quickly got ditched.

«4 »