Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Next Episode:
May 16 @ 9 EST/8 CST/6 PST

3x22 – "Blonde Ambition" - SEASON FINALE
Monroe and Rosalee's wedding day has finally arrived, but Adalind's antics threaten to ruin everything.

Note: Thread has expired, images have been removed.

Grimm is a fantasy/horror police procedural, which has took the premise: “What if the classic fairy tales are based on real creatures living in human society” and expanded it into a fairly well-grounded mythology spanning centuries.

One day, Portland detective Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli) started seeing visions of humans changing into strange creatures. His (dying) aunt, Marie Kessler, told him that he is one of a long line of hunters known as “Grimms” who can see the true forms. Aunt Marie left Nick her trailer of weapons, equipment, and a library on many creatures, which Nick uses to solve Wesen-related crimes.

The Brothers Grimm were not just collectors of stories and folklore, but profilers of the Wesen (pronounced VES-sen), a variety of creatures that have been living and passing as humans. Many Wesen have extra abilities, such as super-human strength or resilience which can make them dangerous. Others are generally harmless, content to live ordinary lives among humans. Ordinary humans can’t see Wesen – unless the Wesen want to be seen.

There’s a series over-arching plot about a mysterious thing taken from Constantinople during the 4th crusade by seven Grimms working for the Seven Royal families (Note: The show hasn’t explicitly said, but since Sean Reynard is half Royal and half-hexenbiest, I assume that the Royals are Grimms).

They seven crusaders decided that whatever they found was too dangerous for the Royals to have, so they hid it, locked away with seven Keys, each with part of a map written on it to give the location of the treasure.

Four of the Keys have fallen into the hands of the Royals, two are missing, and Nick received one from Marie Kessler. The trouble is that at least one royal family knows that she had the Key, and that it was passed on to Nick, and through Season 1 and 2, they’ve made many attempts to kill Nick and get the Key back.

(Note: unless specified, Reynard refers to Captain Sean Reynard, not his brother Eric Reynard.)

Main Characters

Nick Burkhardt (David Giuntoli)

• “I guess you don’t have to be a Hexenbiest to be a witch.”

Nick is the titular Grimm. He didn’t know anything about the Grimm world until his dying aunt, Marie Kessler (Kate Burton) showed up at his house, a Reaper (a Wesen who hunts Grimms) hot on her heels. Season 1 was mostly about Nick getting acclimated to a world he knew nothing about.

In Season 2, he’s become much more comfortable in his role as a Grimm, and is much more willing to do things off-the books. In Season 2, he was frustrated by Juliet’s amnesia, and after things deteriorated, he moved off of her council and in with Monroe.

Nick also was shocked and angry to learn of Captain Reynard’s secrets, especially the attempt to kill his aunt, but entered into an uneasy alliance with him anyway against his half-brother Eric Reynard.

In the Season 2 finale: Eric made a move, using one of his agents “Baron Samedi” to attract Nick’s attention – leaving just enough clues to lure Nick to a container storage facility, where “Samedi” – a Cracher-Mortel spit a gob of his ‘zombie-making’ saliva into Nick’s face, paralyzing him. Eric’s plan is to ship Nick’s seemingly-dead body out of the country using forged papers.

Hank Griffin (Russell Hornsby)

• “That was amazing! … Can you do it again?”

Hank is Nick’s partner on the force, and he has a strong trust in Nick, despite some of the odd things he’s done. In S1, Adalind drugged him with something that nearly killed him. Late on in Season 1, he witness Monroe in full Wesen form, and soon after saw another Wesen who was in full form change back to human. Those two events combined shook his sanity.

The effects of seeing the Wesen continued on into Season 2, until early on in one case where he and Nick helped rescue his goddaughter from kidnappers. She was a Coyotly Wesen and went into full form when she recognized Nick as a Grimm. Hank nearly shot her until Nick talked him down. He told Hank everything about Wesen and what had been going on over the last year. Once he was convinced that he wasn’t going crazy, Hank took the news remarkably well, and has adjusted to the new, stranger world, even helping Nick with some “off-the-books” work.

Trivia: A real-life injury to Russell Hornsby was passed along and sidelined Hank for the end of the season.

Juliette Silverton (Bitsie Tulloch)

• “I’m not staying home anymore. I’ve a lot to learn. Please don’t lock me out.”

Juliette is a veterinarian, and Nick’s live-in girlfriend. The dangers of Nick’s job came close to home a few times in Season 1. They were a stable couple, but when Nick proposed, she turned him down, sensing that he was keeping secrets from her.

Adalind poisoned her via cat scratch in the Season 1 finale. Nick tried to convince her that she needed medical treatment – but not from the hospital. She didn’t believe him, so in desperation, Nick took her to the trailer and told her everything he’d been keeping from her… but he put it in the worst way possible, and Juliet thought he was crazy. Nick told her he could prove it if Monroe showed her something, but she fell into a coma soon after arriving at Monroe’s house.

The progression of Juliette’s curse was halted – but not reversed by Rosalee, and she was awakened by Captain Reynard, but Adalind’s curse had sealed all her memories of Nick – and only of Nick. To her Nick was a total stranger. Things got worse when the second part of Adalind’s curse kicked in: Reynard’s kiss had made him and Juliette irresistibly drawn to each other, despite not wanting to be. The effects got worse and worse until Juliette had to shoot several warning shots to stop a makeout session with Reynard from going too far. After that, she was open to any solution – even going with Nick and Reynard to the spice shop for a cure from Rosalee.

That broke the attraction between her and Reynard, but she started having hallucinations, which over time, became clearer and she realized they were fragments of memories of Nick. She was happy to be getting her memories back, but she was also sick of Nick and Monroe keeping secrets. Juliette demanded to be taken to Nick’s trailer, she remembered only that something important happened there. That brought her memories back all at once – she couldn’t hear anything Nick was saying because all the Nick’s of her memories were talking all at the same time. It was driving Juliette even crazier, until she got some advice to focus on each memory one at a time, and to not just watch, but try to step in and participate. That worked, and she remembered how much she loved Nick. One more trip to the trailer and she remembered everything Nick had told her.

This time, however, her odd experiences convinced her that Nick was telling the truth, and they got back together. She also insisted that Monroe show her the thing that he was supposed to before she fell into the coma, and reluctantly, he agreed, taking her to the spice shop with Rosalee and Bud, and they showed her their what their true faces were.
She was a bit more prepared than Hank, so she took the shock pretty well.

In the Season 2 finale, Juliette no longer wants to be on the outside of Nick’s world, and started helping him deal with the “zombie” outbreak, which left her in Nick’s car with Monroe and Rosalee with a horde of crazed victims pounding on it.

Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell)

• “Family reunions can be brutal, our last one we lost two cousins and a sheepdog. No one missed the cousins.”

Monroe is a Blutbad who has reformed his killing ways with a regimen of diet, drugs, and exercise. Monroe used to be annoyed at first by Nick’s constantly interruptions, but eventually they became friends. Nick trusts Monroe with the trailer’s location.

In Season 2, he had to deal with his ex-girlfriend Angelina being hired to kill him because he was friends with Nick. The attempt failed, but it cost Angelina her life. Monroe didn’t hold that against him. When Nick got tired of sleeping on Juliette’s couch, Monroe offered Nick his spare room.

He was attracted to Rosalee when she came to town, and they’ve been getting closer and closer ever since. Currently, he’s trapped in Nick’s car with Rosalee and Juliette, a crazed mob of “zombies” banging on it.

Capt. Sean Reynard (Sasha Roiz)

• “There’s a part of me that doesn’t wear a badge, and there’s no telling what he’ll do.”

Reynard is pragmatic and ruthless. He has to be, to survive being an outcast from one of the Royal families. He won’t hesitate to do things off the books.

Captain Sean Reynard was an enigma in Season 1. All we really learned was that he wanted the key Nick’s Aunt Marie gave him, and he used Adalind Schade as his agent to try and get the key. When Nick de-powered Adalind, Reynard cast her aside as useless to him.

In Season 2, it was learned that Reynard is half-Royal and half-Hexenbiest (making him a Zauberbiest, which is what male Hexenbiests are called). He is in Portland because his mother had to flee Europe with him because his father’s wife wanted to kill him. He doesn’t get along with his family, especially his half-brother Eric.

Reynard was furious after Adalind poisoned Juliette. He’d been hoping to cultivate Nick as an ally, and feared that Nick would leave Portland if she died. He coerced Adalind’s mother into helping him wake Juliette up. It worked, but Adalind had left a nasty surprise, apparently expecting Reynard to do that. Reynard and Juliette became obsessed with each other, despite their attempts to fight it.

When Reynard was at his most stressed from the effects of the curse, Adalind returned, working for his half-brother Eric, and bearing an ultimatum: give her Nick’s Key, or else Nick would be told all about Reynard. In the deepest throws of the curse, Adalind offered herself to help ‘relieve some of Reynard’s pent-up tension’.

Rather than hand the key over, Reynard bit the bullet and told Nick about himself first, warning him that they needed to work together to stand a chance against the other Royals. Nick took him and Juliette to get cured at the spice shop.

After that, Reynard, Nick, and Hank were able to work together to deal with some Wesen-related crimes. Reynard and one of his contacts were nearly assassinated by one of Eric’s minions, so when Eric himself showed up in Portland, Captain Reynard was naturally on edge, but instead, Eric offered Reynard an olive branch, to let him rejoin the family instead of remaining an outcast.

Sgt. Drew Wu (Reggie Lee)

• “It’s getting too weird, even for Portland.”

Wu is a patrolman who does a lot of the minor police work and summarizes the findings. He enjoys making quips, even if the other characters don’t find them funny. He enjoys games and puzzles, and even had a valuable insight into a case on at least one occasion. He’s often on the receiving end of traumatic but non-lethal Wesen-related weirdness.

When an injury sidelined Russell Hornsby, he acted as Nick’s partner in the field for a few episodes.

Rosalee Calvert (Bree Turner)

• “We need to get to the spice shop now. I think I know what the problem is.”

Rosalee Calvert was the brother of Freddie Calvert, a Fuschbau (a Fox Wesen) who ran a Wesen spice shop. After Freddy was killed, Rosalee returned to Portland, then decided to stay in town and run the spice shop. She’s basically a doctor for Wesen illnesses. She’s very smart.

She and Monroe have become quite close and officially became a couple halfway through Season 2. Currently, she’s trapped in Nick’s car with Monroe and Juliette, a crazed mob of “zombies” banging on it.

Trivia: She was very pregnant in early season 2, and was temporarily written off in the mid-season to “care for an aunt who had a stroke”. She returned for the latter half of Season 2.

Adelind Schade (Claire Coffee)

• “Ding dong, the witch is dead. And another one’s coming back...”

She is a Hexenbiest lawyer who worked for Captain Sean Reynard in his attempts to get the Key. She had a crush on Reynard, but it wasn’t reciprocated. After one attempt to get the key failed, Nick stripped her of her Hexenbiest powers, making her a normal human. Reynard discarded her as useless to him.

Seeking revenge on both Nick and Reynard, she poisoned Juliette with a special potion (knowing that Reynard would have to be the one to wake her) and fled Portland, seeking an alliance with Sean Reynard’s half-brother, Eric. She seduced him. Eric sent her back to Portland with a message for his brother: hand over the key, or else Eric would tell Nick Reynard’s secret. Reynard was suffering from Adalind’s curse, so she took advantage of that to fulfill her desire. She left Portland without getting the key, but soon after discovered that she was pregnant. Whether the father is Sean or Eric Reynard, she can’t say (but given the timing, I’d suspect Eric).

Adalind knows that a Royal baby is worth a lot. Another Hexenbiest, Frau Pech met with her, and took her to a Romany camp, where she met Stefania Popescu (Queen of the Schwarzwald Gypsies). A painful procedure verified that the fetus was a Royal. She offered Adalind 500,000/750,000 Euros for a healthy boy/girl, but Adalind was only interested in getting her powers back.

Frau Pech suspected that Adalind was going to betray her, so she used a potion to disguise herself as Adalind and visit Stefania to find out how. Adalind and Stefania had been expecting that: Adalind’s powers could be restored by pulling out the still-beating heart of a Hexenbiest through the stomach (and then doing something), and Stefania did that to Frau Pech. Adalind will presumably getting her powers back in the first episode of Season 1.

Trivia: Adalind was the first Wesen Nick saw when his powers manifested. Claire Coffee started out in the pilot as a recurring guest star, but she was promoted to main cast midway through Season 2.

Other Characters

Eric Reynard (James Frain)
  • “I am on! The phone”

Eric Reynard is Captain Sean Reynard's half-brother. He is charming, yet ruthless and cunning. He's never liked his brother, who is his father's bastard with a Hexenbiest. Nonetheless, he engaged in a relationship with former Hexenbiest Adalind Schade, and is possibly the father of her unborn child.

After several attempts to outright kill Nick failed, instead he orchestrated a trap for Nick, using his associate "Baron Samedi" to set up a situation guaranteed to get Nick's attention, and then use his paralyzing spit to induce paralysis and a death-like state in him, so Nick could be smuggled out of the country. He disguised the real reason for his trip to Portland by meeting with his brother to offer him an olive branch, so Sean can re-join the family.

Bud Wurstner (Danny Bruno)
  • “My birthday’s on Christmas, like Jesus!”

Bud is an Eisbiber (Ice Beaver) who recognized Nick as a Grimm while doing a routine repair on his fridge. He fled in fear, but eventually realized that Nick was a good person, and they became acquaintances and friends. Nick helped the Eisbiber community, and saved Bud’s life on another occasion. Bud even helped Nick out in a zany scheme to de-power a corrupt lawyer.

Kelly Burkhardt (Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio)
  • “You know, this relationship, whatever you want to call it, between the two of you and Nick… doesn’t make sense to me.”

Nick had thought his mother had been killed in a car accident, but it was actually a friend of his mother’s. Kelly Burkhardt is a Grimm, and had been targeted for possessing some of the Coins of Zakynthos. She decided it was too dangerous for Nick having her around, so she instead started a new mission to track down the people who had killed her friend and husband.

She tracked the last of them to Nick’s house in the Season 1 finale, revealing to him that she was alive. Together, they helped to dispatch an assassin the Royals had sent after Nick, and to help prevent Juliette’s curse-related coma from getting worse.

She took the Coins and left Portland, intending to destroy them. Grimm Comic spoilers: She did, with help from Nick and Monroe, except that a different female Grimm who also helped secretly kept one of the coins.

Links
NBC.com - Grimm
Wikipedia – Grimm
Grimm Wikipedia – List of Wesen
Grimm Wiki
Comiccon 2013 Grimm Panel

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I can not wait for this to return. Pretty much my favorite show right now. Its just too fun.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Missing from the description of Rosalee: "Responsible for more conversions to furryism than any other influence in the history of Man."

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Jedit posted:

Missing from the description of Rosalee: "Responsible for more conversions to furryism than any other influence in the history of Man."

I feel like there's no response I can reasonably make to this, so I'm just going to leave the quote here and unembroidered.

Marathoned both seasons with a friend a month or two ago, and am now eager to start following it week to week!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Grimm is just the best, I love Supernatural but since it's gotten so over the top dramatic Grimm is a wonderful change of tone.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
Sorry it took so long to get this done, but at least it's ready a week in advance. I think that I should change some of the portraits, like Adalind, so it's not too wide as to force the second image onto a new line. I tried to keep the character summaries as simple as possible, but that just didnn't that possible for everyone - Juliette in particular, because her story arc had a lot of things that built on previous events.

EDIT: Added a quick bio for Eric Reynard.

If there are any other suggestions, changes, requests, or things missing, let me know.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 20, 2013

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Grimm is just the best, I love Supernatural but since it's gotten so over the top dramatic Grimm is a wonderful change of tone.

I tried watching Supernatural a while ago, and I felt the same way. With Grimm, it feels like there are a set of rules (for the most part) of how the world works, while Supernatural felt like the writers were trying out improv as they made the script. I just hope things don't get too wacky with the coins, zombies, etc. I'm fine with a new creature being brought out that can use pheremones/sound waves/etc to do something, as long as they don't just say "it's magic."

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

particle409 posted:

I tried watching Supernatural a while ago, and I felt the same way. With Grimm, it feels like there are a set of rules (for the most part) of how the world works, while Supernatural felt like the writers were trying out improv as they made the script. I just hope things don't get too wacky with the coins, zombies, etc. I'm fine with a new creature being brought out that can use pheremones/sound waves/etc to do something, as long as they don't just say "it's magic."

Supernatural has always seemed like it has a very cohesive universe to me. The overall story is very consistent too for the most part. They add stuff and expand as the series goes on but that pretty much keeps it interesting.

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Man, I can't wait for the season to start up. When the show first started, I was into it because urban fantasy genre + police procedural = instant guilty pleasure that I wasn't getting anywhere else, but then halfway into the first season I realized it wasn't really all that guilty anymore. Very, very happy that NBC has given it the chance it deserves to evolve into something truly compelling -- and for Nick to evolve into a character that's compelling. I know he was supposed to be the everyman for us to relate to at first, but everyone else was so much more entertaining until he started adjusting to that world.

I can't wait to see what new Wesen they've thought up over the break :allears:

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

KatWithHands posted:

I can't wait to see what new Wesen they've thought up over the break :allears:

Me too, this is one of my favorite parts. The back story with the old books from previous Grimms, etc, it's a great take on how real life monsters could have spawned fairy tales.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I cannot wait for the Christmas episode if only because of the title.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Stabbey if you like I can grab you some screencaps from S2 for the character profiles, the one of Hank for example kind misrepresents him since thats how he looked when he thought he was insane at the end of s1. If there's anything you'd like a shot of let me know.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

We do not know Sgt. Wu's first name (as yet). mentioned in here

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

spookygonk posted:

We do not know Sgt. Wu's first name (as yet). mentioned in here

I've always gone the Aliens route and assumed Wu's first name is Reggie. Anyone who gets killed by Teal'c in a Batman movie deserves a first name, though.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Zaggitz posted:

Stabbey if you like I can grab you some screencaps from S2 for the character profiles, the one of Hank for example kind misrepresents him since thats how he looked when he thought he was insane at the end of s1. If there's anything you'd like a shot of let me know.

Sure, if you want, I won't say no to that.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Spoilers for the Grim comic #6 (for those who care): Nick, Hank and Monroe track a Peter-Pan-esque ever-young wessen who coerces other wessen children to join his lost boys, his most recent being 3 blutbot siblings named Wendy, Michael and John. In the end, Peter Pan gets away, and makes his way to an orphanage, where he is adopted. Nothing much of note happens, and the issue has some of the worst art I've seen in recent memory.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
:siren: Season Premiere, tonight at 9 PM.

3x01 – “The Ungrateful Dead”

Some Grimms are better off undead.

Can Hank, Monroe, and Captain Renard track down Zombie Nick before it's too late? That’s actually what the synopsis says.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
Between this and the new Dracula series that starts tonight (I hope to god it's good) it looks like Friday is going to be called Literature Fridays.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I hope this episode is as crazy as that synopsis makes it sound, so stoked to have this back.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I have been waiting for this all week!

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Hooray Grimm!

Boo West Coast not letting me watch for another three hours! :argh:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Has the show ever shown the captain to get any special powers from being part hexenbiest (or whatever they call the male version)?

I've forgotten, if they have.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I think they just did. He didn't seem to be strong enough to fight them until he woged.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Well, looks like the old witch (did she ever get a name last season?) is definitely dead. Also, I can't listen to that Roma woman talk without hearing Admiral Rahn from Mass Effect 2/3. Which is fitting, I guess.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, I'd say that confirms the enhanced Grimm strength thing :stare:

Polaron fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 26, 2013

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Mukaikubo posted:

Hooray Grimm!

Boo West Coast not letting me watch for another three hours! :argh:

Right there with ya, buddy.

:(:respek::(

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
"It's a gas...totally not urine."

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I love how excited Monroe got at the idea of smoking the stuff. 420 woge erryday.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I'm not sure where they're going to go with Adalind's character this season, but it is amusing seeing her grouse over the quest with a billion steps, each of which is obnoxious in their own right.

Polaron - the old which was known as Frau Pech.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
I can't do that. In a short minute, they will be over international waters. No way I can ground a plane without a terrorist threat. (Given that having 4oz of liquid or lighting up a cig counts as terrorism) 2 police officers were disabled while attempting to ground the planed. No. Can't ground it.

Minutes later. Plane has crashed somewhere so close you could drive. I mean, I know this is a fantasy show. But they spent the first 11 (even though it said 15 minutes later) rehashing what I have already seen. Sloppy writing, and another "just tune in next week." gently caress you, NBC.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I like the title teasing. At least they have a sense of humor and they admit that continuations are a bit frustrating.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

Not a bad episode, if not a very good one. Solid B, B- at worst. I am interested that they're starting the season with the zany pedal pressed to the metal, but there were enough Good Things to keep me satisfied and not grumbling about the parts I liked less. Popcorn line wins the episode.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I do kind of wish they had wrapped up the Zombie Nick stuff in this episode, if only because I don't see how it can fill the entire next episode given how far they progressed it in this one and it would be strange to cure him in the middle of an episode (especially since the Baron is already dead). They would have done well to have Nick escape and kill the Baron on the ground and then run away, skipping the plane crash entirely and giving themselves more time to wrap up the story.

Kind of underwhelming and filler-y for a premiere, but not terrible or anything.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Bored posted:

Has the show ever shown the captain to get any special powers from being part hexenbiest (or whatever they call the male version)?

Male hexenbiests are zauberbiests. As "hexen" is German for "witch", "zauber" is "sorcerer". It makes sense; the biests are the only wesen we've seen who can lose their magical nature and become human, so I think we can assume that the first of them were humans who had wesen status bestowed upon them - probably with the ritual the Roma woman used.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013

Jedit posted:

so I think we can assume

Eh, no, I gave the show the benefit of doubt for the unnecessary hiatus. It shouldn't be a spoiler, but guess what, he gains super powers from it!!! Just like his super hearing we have never heard (get it) from again. So I am guessing he can see poo poo others cannot, but since they cured him, he cannot fulfill his grimm potential or whatever, They billed this episode as "he did things he would rather not remember" Which I though was him rampaging an Eisbeiber lodge or something. Instead he roughed up some hillbillies. Woooo. Also, the entire prison is filled with wessen, yet walking into a rural bar and starting a fight, no one woeged. Shittiest writing so far.

Edit: And, gently caress you, Renard. "If he kills someone, there is no coming back." As if viloent battery of multiple victims is easy to sweep under the royal rug, but oh no, had he killed one, what would we ever tell the cops? (But we just let a veternarian gas bomb a crate of prisoners, so you know, we care about protocol here.)

"opens and closes door." two seconds. (I hate this word) LITERALLY two seconds later, "we ain't opening the crate" as if the last prisoner of the thousands were the key. Jesus christ, writers. poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, aand "come back for more."

JD Bucks 7 fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 26, 2013

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Eh, no, I gave the show the benefit of doubt for the unnecessary hiatus. It shouldn't be a spoiler, but guess what, he gains super powers from it!!! Just like his super hearing we have never heard (get it) from again. So I am guessing he can see poo poo others cannot, but since they cured him, he cannot fulfill his grimm potential or whatever, They billed this episode as "he did things he would rather not remember" Which I though was him rampaging an Eisbeiber lodge or something. Instead he roughed up some hillbillies. Woooo. Also, the entire prison is filled with wessen, yet walking into a rural bar and starting a fight, no one woeged. Shittiest writing so far.

Edit: And, gently caress you, Renard. "If he kills someone, there is no coming back." As if viloent battery of multiple victims is easy to sweep under the royal rug, but oh no, had he killed one, what would we ever tell the cops? (But we just let a veternarian gas bomb a crate of prisoners, so you know, we care about protocol here.)

"opens and closes door." two seconds. (I hate this word) LITERALLY two seconds later, "we ain't opening the crate" as if the last prisoner of the thousands were the key. Jesus christ, writers. poo poo, poo poo, poo poo, aand "come back for more."

Nick has always been super strong, i didn't see it as him gaining any special powers. I thought it was a great episode, not sure why you are so angry about future plot developments you just made up.

Oasx fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Oct 26, 2013

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Also it kind of seemed like he did use that super-hearing a couple of times---he heard bar patrons leaving and followed the sound to the place itself, then knew that dude was sneaking up on him, and later it seems like he followed the sound of a conversation to where that family lives.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

JD Bucks 7 posted:

Eh, no, I gave the show the benefit of doubt for the unnecessary hiatus.

Why the gently caress are you ragging on me? I wasn't talking about the episode.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I like the show, but Zombie Nick isn't that interesting to follow, which made this episode a bit weak. I did like Baron Samedi not knowing how a Grimm would react, so Nick breaking out and his failure to obey was fun, but otherwise not that great. Coming into the season, I had been thinking that Nick would make it all the way to Europe and be stuck there for a couple episodes.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

Jedit posted:

Male hexenbiests are zauberbiests. As "hexen" is German for "witch", "zauber" is "sorcerer". It makes sense; the biests are the only wesen we've seen who can lose their magical nature and become human, so I think we can assume that the first of them were humans who had wesen status bestowed upon them - probably with the ritual the Roma woman used.

Well, I think there's a slight chicken/egg problem there--the ritual required a hexenbiest to perform. You wouldn't be able to grow the population too effectively if there's a 1:1 ratio of killed/new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Merlinicus posted:

Well, I think there's a slight chicken/egg problem there--the ritual required a hexenbiest to perform. You wouldn't be able to grow the population too effectively if there's a 1:1 ratio of killed/new.

Well, they can also grow the population normally by breeding with ordinary humans. It's only really a problem for figuring out where the first one came from.

• Locked thread