Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
The Escape Plan stars Sylvester Stallone as a consultant hired by the US government to find flaws and escape from maximum security prisons. His latest assignment sends him to a prison designed by an architect using Stallone's book on prison security. In this extremely secure prison, Stallone meets and befriends Arnold Schwarzenegger.

This movie was perfect in every way and I have nothing bad to say about it. Fight scenes were done amazing, the plot was plausible, I have no complaints about this movie. This is a definite must see, 5/5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Mickey
Aug 25, 2010
To be added on my Things I Never Thought I'd Say list, "just watched Schwarzenegger AND Stallone in a movie, and I enjoyed it".

Nice against-type casting (50 Cent as a super hacker, heh). Loved the twist in the middle. ZERO towel head references. And Ah'nold looks good - trimmed down, all salt and pepper. Hrmm, another item on the List.

Have to disagree with the 5/5 above. For an action thriller, it doesn't really pull you in. Have a feeling, it would have been a much better film under Fincher or Naveldine/Taylor.

Still, recommending a watch.

70% chance of escaping from supermax.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Expected another boring movie with things blowing up and general badness like the expendables, got that minus the boring plus enjoying it and even laughing. Every scene with Arnie is great, never really felt like he was "back" with the expendables, this is the first time I got that old cheesy Schwarzenegger vibe, especially the part where he rips the machine gun out of the helicopter and the camera just zooms in on his eyes as he squints then unloads gave me a good chuckle. Stallone was good too, also better than he was in Expendables. anyway 4/5 for low expectations.

dirtgolem
Dec 22, 2011

Wounds are always fresh and so the scabs are never dry
Gutter is the place in which we choose to live our lives
Square inside a circle is the symbol in my eye
Home is where the gutter is and this is where I'll die
I also liked this more than I expected. Stallone and Schwarzenegger's characters falling somewhere between *less* goofy than Expendable and the sadness of serious prison related films.

The unexpected scene where Schwarzenegger and the token ethnic character take 5 to flip the bird and cheesy grin for the recording security camera literally had me in a fits of laughter, rewinding to watch again.

3/5 would watch again.

dirtgolem fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Apr 23, 2014