Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
Welcome to my world. I have an LS swapped 944, if you have any questions post them up. Good work w/ TPC's kit, they are much better than Renegades. I started w/ RH's equipment and have swapped most of them out for Eric's.

For an ECU, I just used a stock ecu and tuned it w/ HPTuners. The stock ecu can pretty much be used as a standalone so that you don't need it to interface w/ the rest of the car.

I am curious to see your finalized tilton setup, I'm currently running powersteering and hydroboost but I'm not completely satisfied w/ the Hydroboost setup. I also see you're RHD so this may make the Tilton setup a bit "easier".

here is some mild inspiration for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laKzf1IHJ_Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
I think I see it on your bellhousing, but make sure you get an extended speed bleeder like the one below if you don't already have it. It makes bleeding the clutch a million times easier.

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/T56-Release-Bearing-Remote-Bleeder,41385.html

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
Glad to see this project is slowly moving along. My project is in a similar position where I spend one weekend make up for all the lost time and then it sits again for weeks.

Its going to interesting to see how you handle the starter/steering rack/header issue. I thought it was insanely tight as is w/ a normal LHD car.

shoopeach
Aug 13, 2012
You may have more room than I thought, really depends on how you get around the motor mount. Here is the starter side of my setup with the Renegade shorty headers.

• Locked thread