Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The 944 has a rear-transaxle setup, doesn't it?

Sounds like you've got a lot of this build sorted out already. That said, there is a third option on the brakes - if you are maintaining the power steering, you can switch to hydroboost and use the power steering pump to provide your brake assist. You'd need custom lines but the hydroboost unit is much smaller in diameter, about the same as the master cylinder + brake lines itself.

I was this close to swapping one into my truck but right now I'm going to go with a bigger vacuum booster since I have the room. If it doesn't work the way I want it to, I may go hydroboost anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, I've never understood the desire to run aftermarket EFI controllers on the LS1 - the factory piece works great, is well supported, and is very easily reprogrammed. Maybe if you end up with a bare-engine pullout that doesn't have the harness and PCM, but even then I bet you could buy and reconfigure the stock harness and PCM for less than any true aftermarket setup.

Love the video, mostly because it contains one of my favorite things about a tuned LS1 - all of that popping on deceleration. I have a bit of a habit of downshifting my 4L60E manually just to get more of it. :allears:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I think the GM hydraulic throwout is plastic too? Could be wrong, but either way good to see some progress.

And that's some really loving tight clearance on that intake, goddamn.

• Locked thread