Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bikini Quilt
Jul 28, 2013
Haven't played this game in like 6 months. Did they ever make getting a precursor any easier? I got to the point where I had done basically everything aside from endlessly grinding boss chests every day and acquiring a pile of wealth, and then I burned out and haven't touched it since. Is it worth coming back to, or is it just going to be a little bit of new content for me to work through and then its back to the same?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

long live gooncart

this would have been more impressive if you guys weren't all gryphons god

How quaint.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Full Fathoms Five posted:

Haven't played this game in like 6 months. Did they ever make getting a precursor any easier? I got to the point where I had done basically everything aside from endlessly grinding boss chests every day and acquiring a pile of wealth, and then I burned out and haven't touched it since. Is it worth coming back to, or is it just going to be a little bit of new content for me to work through and then its back to the same?

As the start of the OP says, you have nothing to lose but time, try it anyways. Precursors haven't change, but enough of the rest of the game has you might still enjoy it again.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yes yes, we're all aware that the dental hygiene mafia keeps Lion's Arch posed beneath its drills. Let us enjoy our little gryphon-driven cart, our tiny oasis in this orthodontic wasteland.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Hey guys, how are yo--

Tearfully shoving rifles into the mystic forge paid off! Dear god don't do this. Seriously, I was dumbfounded when the Hunter dropped in my lap. I guess all those months of godawful RNG luck was building up to this!

(Click for large)

I'd joked about having it done in time for my birthday (in 3 days) but I never imagined that I'd finish a month after my birthday much less ahead of schedule! :aaaaa: I'd decided to pursue it hardcore but yeesh. This time last week I'd regarded a legendary as an unattainable goal.

(Click for large)

Thanks so much, guys! I am simply humbled by the show of support. This totally re-affirms my faith in goonlove. :love:

Seriously, look how happy I am!

Edit: Noticed something unusual about it:

Curiously it has a damage type. Could it perhaps be a hint of new mechanic to come?

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Oct 21, 2013

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And then you use a kit and never see it again.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Ghostpilot posted:

Edit: Noticed something unusual about it:

Curiously it has a damage type. Could it perhaps be a hint of new mechanic to come?
I think it's just flavor.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Elysiume posted:

I think it's just flavor.

Oh hey, it plays the burned-to-death animation when I kill something. :supaburn:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

For anyone who thinks I just made up the tagline in the OP about Goon Squad:

I think it's a cry for help.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
He probably has a few cavities and Goon Squad doesn't have dental insurance.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CLAM DOWN posted:

For anyone who thinks I just made up the tagline in the OP about Goon Squad:

I think it's a cry for help.

My official officer role in GS is as the Wutta translator, and he's saying "Please remind the thread that while all goons are welcome to Goon Squad regardless of home server, they're expected to be courteous and friendly. Racism, sexism, and general unpleasantness is grounds for removal."

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Ghostpilot posted:

Oh hey, it plays the burned-to-death animation when I kill something. :supaburn:

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's the only thing damage type effects.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Ghostpilot posted:

Hey guys, how are yo--

I'm sorry to say this, but your Predator is ruined by being wielded by an anime. :colbert:

In other news, and this concerns actual new players the most: gently caress the personal story. If you must, play until Claw Island and then never touch it again because it will only get worse from there.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

If we're showing off pretty princesses, here's my Gandle-approved salad:

And I honestly don't know how some of you guys are able to build legendaries without going crazy (Arus doesn't count since he mooched for his Moot). Just making Foefire's Essence was enough to make me swear off any complicated weapon recipe ever again loving gently caress charged lodestones forever.

Looks nice though.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

My favorite kill animation is the frozen one, where they just stiffen up and topple over.

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut
Do Asura look good in any cloth armor that isn't their racial stuff?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Reasons I was able to make a Bolt:
  • I sold a Bolt

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
There's four types of death animations; arcane/lightning, fire, ice and earth/necro/poison that triggers suffocation animations. Not all monsters have a unique animation for each. A neat touch is that anything you kill with a launch attack stays like that.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Moot doesn't have a damage type, what is this poo poo?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Eat my (Fire) damage type. Phoenix Bird supremacy.

savagehenry
Jul 20, 2006

unvoiced linguolabial trill

This is a pretty good game, and every class is neat so pick whatever and have fun.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

folgore posted:

Do Asura look good in any cloth armor that isn't their racial stuff?

Everybody looks good in nightmare robes.

So asura would be no exception.

Bonus picture of my asura, rendered in eye-searing purple, in nightmare medium armor.

check out my Youtube fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 21, 2013

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

savagehenry posted:

This is a pretty good game, and every class is neat so pick whatever and have fun.

I had forgotten about that.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Back during ~*Boss Week*~ Tacitus and I met a gentleman who was really mad about the banners. REALLY. MAD. Just SO drat MAD. He COULDN'T GET INTO THE BANK. Because there were SO MANY BANNERS. HE COULDN'T COPE. And whomever was posting those banners was GIVING SFD A BAD REPUTATION. Like, he knew that it was JUST ONE GUY and not THE WHOLE GUILD but the guild reputation was BEING TARNISHED.

I feared him into a bunch of fish heads, it was a great night

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

If you haven't started playing yet, don't! It will consume you, like it did me.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

UchihaHirou posted:

If you haven't started playing yet, don't! It will consume you, like it did me.

This is a terrible game, you won't enjoy it.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Moot doesn't have a damage type, what is this poo poo?

Is Fat really a damage type, though?

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

This game is great, come back.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You guys are seriously making me wanna move to Magumma and join you.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Alteisen posted:

That may or may not be due to Maguuma being the best server with the best guilds and the best people.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Do it, Maguuma is an awesome server despite the idiots, and both goon guilds are great places to be!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Ghost, stop telling people how you crafted a precursor. I put four exotic swords in the mf and got a lovely pearl hammer in return. I didn't even think that was possible.

I just want a zap :suicide:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Erdricks posted:

Ghost, stop telling people how you crafted a precursor. I put four exotic swords in the mf and got a lovely pearl hammer in return. I didn't even think that was possible.

I just want a zap :suicide:
I got so many pearl weapons when I was tossing crap in the forge. It doesn't help that pearl weapons are, without exception*, the ugliest weapons in the game.
*: There may be exceptions but I can't think of any off the top of my head

edit: Wait, I re-read that. No, that shouldn't happen. Are you sure you had 4 swords -> hammer?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I could have thrown a gs in by mistake - been saving all my exo swords and its possible a gs slipped by. Still, gently caress it. Precursor crafting cannot come soon enough.

Anyone have a zap they want to sell? So tired of being the only mesmer in goon squad without a bolt.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Erdricks posted:

I could have thrown a gs in by mistake - been saving all my exo swords and its possible a gs slipped by. Still, gently caress it. Precursor crafting cannot come soon enough.

Anyone have a zap they want to sell? So tired of being the only mesmer in goon squad without a bolt.
Crafting a precursor is going to be a full stack of each kind of lodestone and you know it.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Erdricks posted:

I don't have a bolt. Just, you know, a Sunrise.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Hey so this game is on sale today, figured I'd pick it up and give it a shot. I don't know much about it, but once I've got it installed I look forward to playing with y'all.

I notice one of you guys recreated Princess Zelda on your character, is the customization done with a 'costume creator' type thing, or is it a matter of finding and recoloring gear?

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Roach Warehouse posted:

Hey so this game is on sale today, figured I'd pick it up and give it a shot. I don't know much about it, but once I've got it installed I look forward to playing with y'all.

I notice one of you guys recreated Princess Zelda on your character, is the customization done with a 'costume creator' type thing, or is it a matter of finding and recoloring gear?

All the cosplay outfits are just based on finding armor in the game that looks like it would fit and then dying it how you please. Dyes are unlocked per character so you can use them as much as you want once you buy it for your character.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Roach Warehouse posted:

The latter. The endgame is collecting items so you can dress up and be the fanciest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Roach Warehouse posted:

The latter. If you hit the pvp button and go to the heart of the mists you'll find a set of lockers that have almost every weapon and armor skin in the game (and some that cannot be acquired in pve for no real reason) in them, so you can use that to plan out a look by previewing the pieces. You can preview dyes or armor/weapons from the trading post in the same way, though there is less control of what parts get dyed in the preview window.

Now you're all set to plan out your pretty princesses.

• Locked thread