Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Ahhh my robobride!

DPS meters more like PTD meters.

I'm super glad that Guild Wars 2 doesn't allow add-ons, but I would love to move and shrink UI elements at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Apparently Karl posted some Daredevil stuff but there's no point reposting it here since all the thief mains already committed seppuku.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb
How many points do I need to max out the hero traits?

In other news, a strange thing happened. I brought a mesmer to 80 because everybody was always talking about how awesome the class is. When I reached 80, I lost all drive to ever play it again :tipshat:

For some reason I took it out into pvp last week, and strangely it clicked directly. I tried pvp with a thief and a necro before and I had no success at all with those.

Well, guess I have to buy some more character slots and try pvp with each class. Maybe there is another pearl hidden there...

Nektu fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Oct 6, 2015

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Nektu posted:

Well, guess I have to buy some more character slots and try pvp with each class. Maybe there is another pearl hidden there...

I'll save you some time, it's engineer.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Probad posted:

Apparently Karl posted some Daredevil stuff but there's no point reposting it here since all the thief mains already committed seppuku.

Karl posted:

Aloh,
As we continue screaming toward launch, I’ll update this thread with the goings-on for Daredevil. Here’s a few things we’re testing now:

Reduced channel time of Channeled Vigor from 2.25 to 0.75
Vault: Fixed an issue that caused it to not travel its full distance.
Fist Flurry: Reduced cast time by 20%. note: The final strike occurs just prior to 1 second.
Evasive Empowerment: This trait has been renamed to Havoc Master and grants the player 7% bonus damage to enemies within the 360 range threshold.
Impaling Lotus: Increased bleeding duration from 8 to 10 seconds.
Bounding Dodger: In addition to granting access to the Bound dodge ability, the thief will gain 10% bonus physical damage for 4 seconds after dodging.
Lotus Training: In addition to granting access to the Impaling Lotus dodge ability, the thief will gain 10% bonus condition damage for 4 seconds after dodging.
Unhindered combatant: In addition to granting the Dash dodge ability, the thief will gain 10% damage reduction against physical and condition damage.

We like the interaction that Evasive Empowerment had with your endurance bar and wanted to carry it further, but didn’t feel like it could have the desired impact in the adept tier. Thus, each of the grandmaster traits have their own version, geared toward their specific style of play.
Havoc Master has taken its place, as we felt that the line could use a more guaranteed damage increase. For trait mods, we’d like to experiment with Weakening Strikes slightly, adding a secondary to it within its role of debilitation. Options we’re looking at it:

Inflict X (torment, bleeding, something) when you weaken a foe.
or
Receive less damage from weakened foes.

Once again, thanks for your continued constructive feedback. It’s greatly appreciated.

-Karl

meh

source

Shadaez
Dec 19, 2011

Probad posted:

oh man the possible weakening strikes buff sounds amazing

quote:

For trait mods, we’d like to experiment with Weakening Strikes slightly, adding a secondary to it within its role of debilitation. Options we’re looking at it:
Inflict X (torment, bleeding, something) when you weaken a foe.
or
Receive less damage from weakened foes.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/thief/Daredevil-updates-post-BWE-3-launch/5580803

ediT: poo poo

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Probad posted:

I just ended up poking myself in the eye with the staff that I keep getting told is actually really good.

e : fo realz yo
Them reducing the hilarious 2.5s channel for the new thief heal to a reasonable .75 is a nice change. The major flaw that the daredevil dodges had over original acrobatics/feline grace is that there was no endurance sustain so once a daredevil was spent they were hosed. Having access to a huge endurance spike that isn't the signet helps a lot with that I would feel.

treizebee fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 6, 2015

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

treizebee posted:

I just ended up poking myself in the eye with the staff that I keep getting told is actually really good.

e : fo realz yo
Them reducing the hilarious 2.5s channel for the new thief heal to a reasonable .75 is a nice change. The major flaw that the daredevil dodges had over original acrobatics/feline grace is that there was no endurance sustain so once a daredevil was spent they were hosed. Having access to a huge endurance spike that isn't the signet helps a lot with that I would feel.

No see, you need to be playing a druid.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I don't know anything about programming, does that pull everybody's numbers or just yours? I assume just yours and there are plenty of valid reasons for wanting to pull your own numbers.

I've always been curious about my own numbers. I couldn't care less anybody elses', they can do their own thing. But then, I just like experimenting with different builds.

I'm a little concerned with how Scrapper and Druid will fare given that they've had the least amount of time for testing.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 6, 2015

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

LiftAuff posted:

You can buy base cdkeys from online cdkey sellers if you want to risk it. Only ~$15 per key.

is the game region locked? I'm finding conflicting things that say EU and NA copies both work for NA accounts, and others that say the opposite.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

treizebee posted:

I tried staff daredevil Sunday night and it was fun as heck

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Countblanc posted:

is the game region locked? I'm finding conflicting things that say EU and NA copies both work for NA accounts, and others that say the opposite.

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/27658858-Game-Regions

How do I register from my region?
For customers in the North American and European regions, upon registration our servers will perform a one-time check to ensure your serial code matches the region you are connecting from. Customers in North America must register the North American version of the game; customers in Europe must register the European version of the game; customers in other regions may register either version. When you purchase the game from buy.guildwars2.com, you automatically will receive the correct version of the game.
After successfully completing account registration, your account becomes a global account, and you can roam to any part of the world and still access the game.

If you are in NA you need a NA key
If you are in EU you need an EU key

its a 1 time thing. After that you can select any server.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Thank you

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Countblanc posted:

EU and NA are basically the same. Supposedly you can only use EU gem cards on the EU version and NA gem cards on the NA version. Same with special promo codes and support.

Also they never region check during registration/activation.

e: bought a bunch of keys for loving around and EU/NA didn't matter, ymmv

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 6, 2015

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

I thought the cursor was hilarious so I giffed it and posted it in the old Wildstar megathread. I wasn't expecting the responses to be "it's stylized" and "it's a robot". On that note...

:siren: Waifu spotted :siren:

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

I tried staff daredevil Sunday night and it was fun as heck

It's neat to hop around & stuff, but mechanically it doesn't offer much.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I miss Scrapper now because it is great and fun and awesome and a bunch of idiots thought it was bad because they don't know what the gently caress they are doing. Kinda like SAB all over again. At least this poo poo is coming back in a few weeks.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

Roomba out causing problems on the 1v1 honor duel servers

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Lonk posted:

I miss Scrapper now because it is great and fun and awesome and a bunch of idiots thought it was bad because they don't know what the gently caress they are doing. Kinda like SAB all over again. At least this poo poo is coming back in a few weeks.

Agreed.

Someone a few pages back asked if anyone managed to use the function gyro. I got only one revive with it, and it felt really finicky to get a target on my downed ally. But the revive itself was really fast, so it's great if you manage to get it to work.
It might be more useful in PvP or WvW.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Various Meat Prod. posted:

I hope this is bannable/against the ToS or something as a seemingly intrusive post, also gently caress anyone who posts this lmao

Yeah sort of, considering it can get you banned.

Gw2dps is not something you wanna be using on an account you want to keep, they're pretty clear on what programs are okay.

The boss trackers and such are fine though.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I don't know anything about programming, does that pull everybody's numbers or just yours? I assume just yours and there are plenty of valid reasons for wanting to pull your own numbers.

It does a bunch of stuff like checking how much health people next to you have ie a form of gear checking. Mob health etc These are not things you can get from the API

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Ok i'm completely lost reading this thread as a newbie.

What's a druid/berserker/scrapper/daredevil? What classes are these?

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

They are the 'elite specializations' that will be introduced in Heart of Thorns. They're shiny new toys (new mechanics, access to new weapons and playstyles) for the existing classes.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Ok i'm completely lost reading this thread as a newbie.

What's a druid/berserker/scrapper/daredevil? What classes are these?

Ranger/warrior/engineer/thief, basically a new trait line and weapon for each class from the expansion.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
now it's making more sense,

side thing, how do these combo field: fire

combo finisher: projectile and such work? So i'm leveling some multiple guys to see how they play/feel till 20. I've watched a few youtubes with mesmer doing their own finishers so i know that a field has to be down to do a finisher but my elementalist doesa combo field: fire but none of this water finishers seem to work?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

TipsyMcStagger posted:

now it's making more sense,

side thing, how do these combo field: fire

combo finisher: projectile and such work? So i'm leveling some multiple guys to see how they play/feel till 20. I've watched a few youtubes with mesmer doing their own finishers so i know that a field has to be down to do a finisher but my elementalist doesa combo field: fire but none of this water finishers seem to work?

There are four combo finishers in the game: whirl, blast, projectile, and leap.

They need to be used on top of or over a combo field to activate their effect. Two finishers together without a combo field do nothing, as well as two combo fields without a finisher.

Say you want your projectile to apply burning. You need to line your target with your fire combo field and use your projectile finisher skill and those projectiles will apply burning.

Each finisher has a different effect with each combo field.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

Here's a chart to better understand what each combo does. Hope it helps!

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

LiftAuff posted:

https://github.com/frifox/gw2dps

Lowest on the DPS meter gets kicked from the raid when you fail. Time to perfect your dps rotations.
It is too bad the damage range of GW2 is actually just two states: loads of it or deadweight party member.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Guild Wars 2 really needs a race change service. Hit 80 today and I found out I don't want to be a fleshy human. :smith:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Function gyro worked fine for me; it's just on a cooldown. I didn't revive but finishing people off was quicker than normal.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
So we just did a mai trin and it was brutal as heck, I checked the combat log and she was doing double damage compared to normal.

Anyone seen this bug?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lemon King posted:

Guild Wars 2 really needs a race change service. Hit 80 today and I found out I don't want to be a fleshy human. :smith:

So long as 1-30 personal arc exists, it will never happen. Considering that only a couple of those are good, I say they scrap it all and have a chain of semi connected stories reusing bits an pieces.
Spend one mission investigating a carnival, the next you've drank so much in celebration that you blacked out and stole a tank.

OOO!
Retool all the missions. Give us a choice of three at the beginning and a choice of what to do next. Same number of total missions played per character but you weave your own series of events. Have the end be meeting the factions and go from there.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Visidan posted:

So we just did a mai trin and it was brutal as heck, I checked the combat log and she was doing double damage compared to normal.

Anyone seen this bug?

Sure it wasn't an instability i.e. Outflanked? Wouldn't surprise me if anet messed something up with HoT coming out tho.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Inzombiac posted:

So long as 1-30 personal arc exists, it will never happen. Considering that only a couple of those are good, I say they scrap it all and have a chain of semi connected stories reusing bits an pieces.
Spend one mission investigating a carnival, the next you've drank so much in celebration that you blacked out and stole a tank.

OOO!
Retool all the missions. Give us a choice of three at the beginning and a choice of what to do next. Same number of total missions played per character but you weave your own series of events. Have the end be meeting the factions and go from there.

Too complicated. What's stopping race change tokens from just resetting your story progress and giving you the choices again? They're joined at the hip so you can't really do one without the other without some contrived retooling that you can't expect them to give a drat doing.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Lonk posted:

Function gyro worked fine for me; it's just on a cooldown. I didn't revive but finishing people off was quicker than normal.

The stomp on the function gyro is actually SLOWER than normal, about 4-5s instead of the 3.5s you would take to manually stomp someone.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jjac posted:

Too complicated. What's stopping race change tokens from just resetting your story progress and giving you the choices again? They're joined at the hip so you can't really do one without the other without some contrived retooling that you can't expect them to give a drat doing.

So you could play a human all the way through the story, use a token to become a cat man and start all over?
You just know they'd make an achievement for doing all 5 on one character.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Give us NG+ personal story, with enemies that start at level 75 in the intro and ramp up to 90 at the end :getin:

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Solumin posted:

Agreed.

Someone a few pages back asked if anyone managed to use the function gyro. I got only one revive with it, and it felt really finicky to get a target on my downed ally. But the revive itself was really fast, so it's great if you manage to get it to work.
It might be more useful in PvP or WvW.

Apparently there's a bug where the revive version only works when you're out of revive range of the target.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hi thread, I made a new thread so we have a fresh start for HoT, I'm going to be away for launch so my lawyers advised me to do it now. I revamped a lot of it for HoT and added a ton of links for info, as well as updated class descriptions, etc. If you have anything you want to see in it just let me know!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3745583

Thanks and god rest this thread's soul, 1,415 pages and over 56,500 posts :stare:

• Locked thread