Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

chumbler posted:

^^^^ It looks like The Anomaly, which is a focus and costs roughly a million gold, but at least doesn't look like garbage like every other focus does.

No mention of the best races (quaggans and skritt) in the OP. Worst OP.

Yeah it's The Anomaly + Infinite Light

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoognite
Aug 15, 2008

***Space Bomber Corps***
Thanks for the new thread Arus. It's pretty nifty

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
what the gently caress is a bento box

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

chumbler posted:

^^^^ It looks like The Anomaly, which is a focus and costs roughly a million gold, but at least doesn't look like garbage like every other focus does.

No mention of the best races (quaggans and skritt) in the OP. Worst OP.

Ghostpilot posted:

Chumbler beat me to it, but that's an Anomaly aka the real Legendary focus.

You two have both spectacularly missed the best focus in the game.

Ambrosia posted:

In ancient Greek mythology, ambrosia (Greek: ἀμβροσία) is sometimes the food or drink of the Greek gods (or demigods)

It's even in the name. :colbert:

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Oh before I forget you can all oggle the prettiest princess in the game:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
With a new thread I can announce my glorious resurrection and triumphant return to GW2.

Balut is Filipino, Arus you fat racist.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Delacroix posted:

You two have both spectacularly missed the best focus in the game.

It's even in the name. :colbert:

I thought Arus ate them all. :shrug:

Oh hey gandlethorpe! :D

origami manatee
Oct 21, 2010

I made food

Delacroix posted:

the best focus in the game.

Courage :colbert:

Vencja
Feb 27, 2013

Yoink!

gandlethorpe posted:

With a new thread I can announce my glorious resurrection and triumphant return to GW2.

Gand is dead, long live Gand.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

gandlethorpe posted:

Balut is Filipino, Arus you fat racist.

Took you long enough, were all the MMO HMO waypoints contested?

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

whatis posted:

what the gently caress is a bento box

In non-bento box news, I started playing Engineer last night and ended up loving the hell out of it. The experience scrolls that auto-level you to 20 are incredibly useful since they let me get all my utility slots as soon as the tutorial bit was over, so I ran around hitting people with my a battering ram that shoots out of my pants. The only question is whether it keeps being as fun as warrior and necromancer.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Thinking about playing this game - what class/race/whatever combo is the best/easiest to get into groups/most desired. And don't give me that fun bullshit. MMO's aren't about fun.

Also, is the Digital Deluxe Edition worth the extra $12? https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Thinking about playing this game - what class/race/whatever combo is the best/easiest to get into groups/most desired. And don't give me that fun bullshit. MMO's aren't about fun.

This one is! This is not a traditional MMO. Every class/race/whatever combo is the best and easiest to get into groups. You are approaching this with the wrong mindset! Your playstyle/spec/class has nothing to do with your group viability in this game.

As for the deluxe edition, I'm one of the biggest proponents of this game and I never got it. I don't think it's worth it to be honest.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
The engineer isn't just a bento box, it's that one sushi menu you really like but every time you order it, the individual parts are slightly off. There's always one roll missing or with the wrong ingredients and when you try to make sure you get exactly what you want, the guy on the other end either doesn't understand you or ignores you.

McSlaughter
Sep 12, 2013

"Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"
Ah, that new OP smell goes well with the smell of my new server home. SFD forever.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

CLAM DOWN posted:

This one is! This is not a traditional MMO. Every class/race/whatever combo is the best and easiest to get into groups. You are approaching this with the wrong mindset! Your playstyle/spec/class has nothing to do with your group viability in this game.

As for the deluxe edition, I'm one of the biggest proponents of this game and I never got it. I don't think it's worth it to be honest.

If I can't be better than someone else based solely on checking different boxes at the character select screen then what's the dang point??

(I'm mostly joking, I just don't wanna gently caress up and pick a bad combo. Apparently there aren't any, though.)

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

This...actually explains everything

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kazoo posted:

That poor salad, she's blind. :ohdear:

McSlaughter
Sep 12, 2013

"Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"

(I'm mostly joking, I just don't wanna gently caress up and pick a bad combo. Apparently there aren't any, though.)

There are definitely no bad combos, because race has no effect other than story experiences and aesthetic appearances. There are some racial skills but you can only use them in PvE and they're not super amazing anyway (the class' actual elites are pretty much always better, but the racial skills are still cool to use sometimes). Just pick whatever you think is cool. If you want to make a giant pink and purple Norn mesmer, or a little Asuran guardian tank, go for it.

Also, is the Digital Deluxe Edition worth the extra $12? https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/

Honestly, it's not worth it. I bought it only because they were out of limited editions by the time I scraped the money together (I'm a huge Guild Wars vet and was more hyped for GW2 than any game, ever). It wasn't worth it but I was happy to pay the extra money because I love the game so drat much.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

If I can't be better than someone else based solely on checking different boxes at the character select screen then what's the dang point??

Race is almost entirely about what you think looks the coolest, because the race-specific skills range from mediocre to jaw-droppingly awful. It also affects the storylines, but none of them are significantly better or worse than the rest in my opinion.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

The stuff you get isn't really worth it if you ask me, at least not real money. If you're really passionate about the game and want the stuff in it, you can easily collect enough ingame gold to buy the collector's upgrade via the ingame trading post.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Took you long enough, were all the MMO HMO waypoints contested?

During my time spent dead, I saw elementalist heaven. Good traits and utilities abound, and one had the option not to spend 20+ points in arcana. Sadly, I could not stay in this place while so many continued to suffer.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

So gand, what do you think of the latest elementalist changes? :allears:

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
I heard earth shield was overhauled? Can't be that bad!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Softface posted:

In non-bento box news, I started playing Engineer last night and ended up loving the hell out of it. The experience scrolls that auto-level you to 20 are incredibly useful since they let me get all my utility slots as soon as the tutorial bit was over, so I ran around hitting people with my a battering ram that shoots out of my pants. The only question is whether it keeps being as fun as warrior and necromancer.

Wait hang on, what's this about autoleveling to 20 again?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The anomaly is cheap to make if you farm champs like a motherfucker. You need 250 skill points, 100 mystic coins and 250 ectos. Which isn't that hard to get if you're patient. Alternatively, roll a new character, get the necessary skills you will always use, get 250 sp doing skill challenges and leveling then get The Anomaly.

My definition of "cheap" has changed since I decide to get Twilight :shepface:

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Or just farm gold for 5 days and simply buy it from the TP. 110 gold isn't that "impossible".

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Ciaphas posted:

Wait hang on, what's this about autoleveling to 20 again?

Birthday gift was a auto level to 20 gift.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Kazoo posted:

I disagree. :colbert:

Not Pictured: My actual princess wand.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Carebear Castle spotted

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Sorry but we are the prettiest, we are also part of the god tier mesmer profession.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Every class is fun. It's going to take a long time to get to 80 since I keep switching among my characters.

The level 20 scrolls are awesome to come back and get some alts leveled up real fast.

I bought gems to buy bank space. They are seriously frugal with that poo poo.

Also: To get the lunatic inquisition achievement you have to get a chest, despite the text it won't tick up just for participating. Easiest way to chest in is get killed early and go kill some villagers.

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 21, 2013

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Softface posted:

I'm enjoying my engineer. I know it's not ~optimal~ or whatever, but I refuse to swap my flamethrower for grenades again. :colbert: It's what got me to stop playing last time because gently caress grenades.

What are these level 20 scrolls people are talking about?

e:Oh, birthday gift. How do I get one of those? Is it my character's birthday or Guild War's birthday?

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

GreenMarine posted:

Every class is fun. It's going to take a long time to get to 80 since I keep switching among my characters.

The level 20 scrolls are awesome to come back and get some alts leveled up real fast.

I bought gems to buy bank space. They are seriously frugal with that poo poo.

Also: To get the lunatic inquisition achievement you have to get a chest, despite the text it won't tick up just for participating. Easiest way to chest in is get killed early and go kill some villagers.

Setting up guilds and buying influence to build guild vaults is cheaper than keeping up with the market.

Blast of Confetti posted:

I'm enjoying my engineer. I know it's not ~optimal~ or whatever, but I refuse to swap my flamethrower for grenades again. :colbert: It's what got me to stop playing last time because gently caress grenades.

What are these level 20 scrolls people are talking about?

e:Oh, birthday gift. How do I get one of those? Is it my character's birthday or Guild War's birthday?

You get a birthday gift for each character for each year they reach.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Hello new thread! Let's fight.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Kazoo posted:

wow I need Bolt.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

long live gooncart

this would have been more impressive if you guys weren't all gryphons god

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Sorry I can't hear you from the top of my mobile throne of awesome™

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Carebear Castle spotted

Please don't give out my secret name change. I would've posted my princess shot sooner but I spent like 30 minutes trying to get into Cat Cave but I couldn't make the drat jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

John Lightning posted:

wow I need Bolt.
Bolt is the best legendary.

• Locked thread