Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

rap music posted:

You can probably do all of the content in decently itemized rare gear, but I would run CoF and CoE until I had full Berserker exotics (if you're focused on PvE), plus running other easy dungeons for additional gold.

Thanks, just realized I need to explore both zones for those dungeons, plus arah for my mesmer :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Fenarisk posted:

Thanks, just realized I need to explore both zones for those dungeons, plus arah for my mesmer :negative:

Just buy the path like the rich people do, you get like half of it back anyway.

I do need to wrap up my dungeon master though, I will try to snag some SFDers or goons for that.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

Geekslinger posted:

Now about that promised TP update...

I've got two co-workers playing now who came over from WoW and both say their #1 complaint is that the TP sucks for filtering out unusable items to find stuff they can actually use.

Still happening! Here's the slightly-tortouous history of the new TP.

I specced out the architecture back in the beginning of 2013 & then built a barebones implementation. Not shippable, but enough to prove out the ideas on the technical side.

Unfortunately it was lower priority than a bunch of things like "make sure the BLTC isn't on fire" and "make sure we can take money" so work didn't start up in earnest until about... November? At that point it was only one person as well. It then lost out in a priority war with China preparation and so went dark again.

Starting late Jan/early Feb we put a proper team on it and they're full steam ahead on it.

We have other things on our plate but it has a ship date and we've got every intention of hitting it. That's not a guarantee that we will, but something would have to go very wrong for us to miss it.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

I've not played GW2 in ages how is the necro in PvE and sPvP now?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

CLAM DOWN posted:

Goddammit I clicked that.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Tivac posted:

Still happening! Here's the slightly-tortouous history of the new TP.

I specced out the architecture back in the beginning of 2013 & then built a barebones implementation. Not shippable, but enough to prove out the ideas on the technical side.

Unfortunately it was lower priority than a bunch of things like "make sure the BLTC isn't on fire" and "make sure we can take money" so work didn't start up in earnest until about... November? At that point it was only one person as well. It then lost out in a priority war with China preparation and so went dark again.

Starting late Jan/early Feb we put a proper team on it and they're full steam ahead on it.

We have other things on our plate but it has a ship date and we've got every intention of hitting it. That's not a guarantee that we will, but something would have to go very wrong for us to miss it.

You forgot something very important. Who won the foosball tournament?!?!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Why.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

New things :neckbeard:

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Whoa, I'm kind of blown away. Hopefully I'm done spending all my game time on Bravely Default and Baldur's Gate by then.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Tivac posted:

something would have to go very wrong for us to miss it.

Seattle summer is coming, productivity for everyone drops through the floor.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Oh god what have I caused?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I want one of those new traits for Rangers to be "Birdemic" and have it so that whenever you use warhorn 4 on an enemy, the birds explode in front of them.

Make. It. Happen.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Thrasophius posted:

I've not played GW2 in ages how is the necro in PvE and sPvP now?

I don't know too much about sPvP, but they are very good in PVE. Condition specs suffer in large groups, or even a single party with another condition based character. Power builds are really good in PVE. You can hit like a truck and have good survivability. You lack for utilities that are useful in a group setting, but you can apply a ton of weakness, vulnerability, and strip boons very well.

In WvW they are amazingly annoying bastards. Fear lets you control small fights incredibly well and all the useful debuffs in PVE can become devastating if you use them right. Their big weakness is mobility, its probably the worst in the game. Once you get into a fight you are committed.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Necro has more mobility than mesmer at least over the long haul so long as you slot the movement speed sig, plus the swiftness from warhorn 5. Beats dropping 50g on traveler runes and some short range teleports.

Thrasophius
Oct 27, 2013

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I don't know too much about sPvP, but they are very good in PVE. Condition specs suffer in large groups, or even a single party with another condition based character. Power builds are really good in PVE. You can hit like a truck and have good survivability. You lack for utilities that are useful in a group setting, but you can apply a ton of weakness, vulnerability, and strip boons very well.

In WvW they are amazingly annoying bastards. Fear lets you control small fights incredibly well and all the useful debuffs in PVE can become devastating if you use them right. Their big weakness is mobility, its probably the worst in the game. Once you get into a fight you are committed.

May have to hop back into GW2 then because they sound much better than the state they where in last time I played. Are warriors still godly at everything?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
All classes are doing well these days, warriors are still great but are no longer number 1 depending on the game mode. They're definitely top tier in all modes though.

Also a dev posted this about traits for lower lvl characters.

quote:

We have done some tuning on monster stats pre-80 to account for players having less traits, and stats from traits.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I kind of hope the new Grandmaster Elementalist trait will make a healing Ele more viable in sPVP or WvW or... somewhere. I seriously never had so much goddamn fun as a healer than playing that class. It was intensely active and required solid positioning, but I could keep people alive like no one else could.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
Support staff eles exist in spvp, but I don't think the game is designed in a way that a pure healbot will work.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Support staff eles exist in spvp, but I don't think the game is designed in a way that a pure healbot will work.

Yeah. The critical problem was that I did absolute poo poo-all for damage, and while I could keep people running indefinitely, I crumpled under so much as a nasty glare. A shout Warrior does about the same thing heal/condition purging-wise but without having to worry about faceplanting every fight and with some actual damage to back it up.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Lonk posted:

Oh god what have I caused?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk please buy this as a new avatar.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Haha, I got kicked out of SFD because Ikea is a SJW. Does Goon Squad want my hotness? I will tell you all of Arus' secrets (First of all, he's made entirely out of machine separated chicken and cheese).

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
To the one person who asked me earlier, I don't find things like Read the Wind disappointing because there aren't enough slots to grab the good traits in marks, the bow traits aren't condensed like the warrior's crackshot, reduced cooldown isn't even in the tree or how the minor traits encourages tunnel vision. The nostalgia attached to Read the Wind harks back to a time where bows hit their target all the time, did great damage and could interrupt or disable half a bar of skills. When rangers meant something.

I went overboard on the snark when you probably wanted a genuine answer. :ohdear:

Vermain posted:

I kind of hope the new Grandmaster Elementalist trait will make a healing Ele more viable in sPVP or WvW or... somewhere. I seriously never had so much goddamn fun as a healer than playing that class. It was intensely active and required solid positioning, but I could keep people alive like no one else could.

Staff eles (typically zerker) in WvW rely on other people blasting their water fields which takes the healing out of their hands. Almost all healing in a big fight is gained from a commander focusing blast finishers onto water fields. You yourself only have three blasts at your disposal and long cooldowns to work with. D/D might have better non-field healing than staff but you're giving up a lot; range, anti-siege and zergbusting capabilities and sustained AoE damage. Investing into water magic specifically for healing isn't that productive when Alacrity competes with Cleansing Wave for the master slot.

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

Inzombiac posted:

Haha, I got kicked out of SFD because Ikea is a SJW. Does Goon Squad want my hotness? I will tell you all of Arus' secrets (First of all, he's made entirely out of machine separated chicken and cheese).

The fact you accused someone of being "a SJW" leads me to assume you said some stupid bullshit and got your rear end bounced for it. What real talk are the PC police stopping you from telling us?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

If you're gonna import drama, at least do it accurately. It was me who kicked you, for being unapologetically and repeatedly racist in guild chat.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Inzombiac posted:

Sorry dude, Cletus already told me about you and you wouldn't fit into Goon Squad either. Maybe you and ShadowMoo can start a guild together where you can make racist rape jokes all day in peace.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Have you met Shat Haus? Sounds like you two will get along famously

Edit: drat it Goshawk

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

If you're gonna import drama, at least do it accurately. It was me who kicked you, for being unapologetically and repeatedly racist in guild chat.

That's fair but I didn't say anything negative about any race. I was being stupidly positive or neutral for comedy. I didn't know people were going to be so sensitive about it and I dropped it when Giant Mum asked me to.

klockwerk
Jun 30, 2007

dsch

Inzombiac posted:

Have you considered Servants of Xenu?

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Inzombiac posted:

Making racist jokes isn't quite the SFD way, man. I'm sure goon squad might let you in if you tone down the "What's the deal with black people and mexicans?" crap.

Inzombiac posted:

That's fair but I didn't say anything negative about any race. I was being stupidly positive or neutral for comedy. I didn't know people were going to be so sensitive about it and I dropped it when Giant Mum asked me to.

Ironic racism still isn't funny. Servants of Xenu is accepting everyone who makes those jokes on a regular basis. Dear Leader is ashamed of you.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

BombermanX posted:

Making racist jokes isn't quite the SFD way, man. I'm sure goon squad might let you in if you tone down the "What's the deal with black people and mexicans?" crap.

Asura though, you can insult those little ugly things every day. Freaking dobby furries is what they are.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

BombermanX posted:

http://www.gw2goons.org/index.php?/topic/11-the-rules-read-them-forum-mumble-guild-chat-etiquette/

C'mon guy, I posted this a week ago in this very thread. We're not taking him either.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BombermanX posted:

Ironic racism still isn't funny. Servants of Xenu is accepting everyone who makes those jokes on a regular basis. Dear Leader is ashamed of you.

I guess I didn't know SFD as well as I thought even though I've been with them since GW2 launch. Maybe I've spent too much time with the small night crew where things are more relaxed.

Arus, consider this my formal apology. I sincerely didn't know I was going to cause this much of a stir.

edit:
Plus, casual positive racism isn't normally what I find funny. I thought, because I was being so annoyingly saccharine that it wouldn't be offensive.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 21, 2014

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

im guildkicked poster Inzombiac. i first started being in SFD around launch. by 2014 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in guild chat for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing lovingly rendered asura asses in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now begging fruitlessly to be let in again in a public thread.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

Brain In A Jar posted:

im guildkicked poster Inzombiac. i first started being in SFD around launch. by 2014 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "friend of the family balls" and "i love making GBS threads inside friend of the family assholes" in guild chat for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing lovingly rendered asura asses in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now begging fruitlessly to be let in again in a public thread.

i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of SFD humor was all about; i think it's Arus' fat leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of being a lardo GM. i would advise all people who "get" SFD to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to hamburgers. peace.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of SFD humor was all about; i think it's Arus' fat leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of being a lardo GM. i would advise all people who "get" SFD to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to hamburgers. peace.

He's infiltrated the food forum. Lock down security ASAP.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Thrasophius posted:

May have to hop back into GW2 then because they sound much better than the state they where in last time I played. Are warriors still godly at everything?
Cletus already covered the main 'every class is decent at everything although some builds are better suited to stuff than others' point but the only real downside Necros have in PVE is that their main attack chains don't cleave so they rely on wells and Death Shroud for AoE. I mainly play my Necro as a condition-based build in WvW but the two builds I've seen bandied about as working in PVE are Berserker Daggers (which mainly involves autoattacking with the dagger while swapping between horn and focus) and Death Shroud Life Blast Spam (which relies on using spectral and axe skills to keep your life force up so you can stay in Death Shroud as much as possible).

I'd echo the sentiment about Traveler runes being the best investment since they provide minor stat boots (condition/boon duration are always nice) and the 25% move speed frees up a utility slot.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Heavy Lobster posted:

I'm not sure what the problem is with hamburgers you son of a bitch

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mercurius posted:

I'd echo the sentiment about Traveler runes being the best investment since they provide minor stat boots (condition/boon duration are always nice) and the 25% move speed frees up a utility slot.

I never had a chance to try it but will that stack with a +Movement sigil or does it cap at 25?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

I never had a chance to try it but will that stack with a +Movement sigil or does it cap at 25?

Cap at 25

• Locked thread