Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Maybe you could refer people to intothemists.com for builds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Reverend Dr posted:

Fine Transmutation stones, for all intensive purposes, only come from the gem store (something like a .3% chance 1 on a daily, or from a Black Lion chest which requires getting those bloody keys) and now they've added transmutation splitter. Anet's Nexon overlords won't ever let a PvE skin locker happen, it'll hurt their monitization strategy. Which is also why we'll never have a good way of refunding trait points in the field because of the Instant Trait Reset they are now selling.

I got like 15 sitting in the bank from achievement chests.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I don't agree with SoM -- outside of daggerstorming I find it the least versatile of the heals. SoA though, absolutely. I actually swap out AS for SoA, Shadowstep or BP depending on the situation. If you're on your toes with dodging and movement you can definitely go full zerk, but I spend a lot of time in dungeons (a) drunk and/or (b) reviving downed goons, so I personally prefer the HP buffer.

SoM is great if you are going for a signet build. You can lower the cooldown and use it for might stacks, etc.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I don't understand why the bloody prince, executioner and mad king outfits can't be new light/medium/heavy armor sets instead of retarded town clothes. I would buy one of each if my characters could actually use them in combat.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Digital_Jesus posted:

... and this just answered my question about giving anet money. Guess not. When are they going to realize town clothes are loving stupid. Is the witch stuff light armor or same thing?

Town clothes. It doesn't even look like a witch, it looks like fancy skeletor.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
My game is crashing instantly when i click on the daily tab of achievements, wtf?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Jonny Angel posted:

Hi there wise goons I've got two minor questions:

1) I completed the mist vault jumping puzzle for my home server. Sorta. I got the bottom half of the key, then a group doing the puzzle invited me and led me to the vault with the chest. I followed one through and opened the chest successfully, which didn't use up my one key half but also didn't get me the achievements. I later obtained the top half, and can open the vault door with it. The chest, though, was already in its opened state and I was unable to get the achievement. Can I just log on tonight, get to the vault, open its chest, and get the achievements now that the chest has closed again? Or did I sorta break that, forcing me to head to enemy realms?
2) I'm 100% on every Shiverpeak area, but my exploration achievement for it says I'm 169/175. Do Shiverpeak dungeon areas count, or should I be seeking out 6 Shiverpeak areas without any waypoints, PoIs, etc.? I'm sure there are a few caves that just contain jumping puzzles or whatnot.

For number 2 it is almost 100% the caves with jumping puzzles. Look for areas with no pois, hearts, jumping puzzles or skill points near the edges of maps.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Elysiume posted:

Did they ever add a way to check which dungeon paths you need, or are you still stuck with 3/4 and guesswork?

You could look at the paths in the wiki and see which ones ring a bell.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
SPvP is so much more fun and so much easier on a warrior.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

MysteriousThing posted:

Strange, I never have that problem. If anything it's me doing the kicking because pubs can't be bothered to connect to mumble and use the proper rotations.

Wow, no wonder everyone hates you.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Mux posted:

Do you even play GW2?

Doesn't quite work without the "bro" bro.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
You can fly through content with this rotation: 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Pro Tip: works for any class.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

To be fair playing the market in GW2 is hilariously easy, but unless you have the capital to start, you'll never make anything.
You need about 2000g to start seeing real returns. In fact given that today is a friday I might end up offloading some more of my assets and seeing where I get to this time.

Teach me how oh wise one, i might come into a lot of money once ascended armor comes out.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

SeaTard posted:

I assume by toughness you mean lack of? Because my warrior in green berserker armor, with a green berserker sword, and green berserker jewelry (basically 100% offense, but lovely gear), consistently gets attacked by bosses when I get in melee range. I've even had times where I ran far enough away to heal up to full, run back into the fight, and the champ will immediately swap to me and try to smash my face in.

I'm guessing there is something in there checking for easy to kill players in attack range, and since my glass cannon fits that, I get focused. At least I've learned to be a slightly better dodger now.

If i'm not mistaken the defense in your heavy armor is basically toughness.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Geshtal posted:

I know most of PvE can be beat by tapping 1 forever, but I try to at least pretend to have a plan. Thing is, while I do alright in WvW I always lose if I break off to a one-on-one, every time to any class. So aside from just sucking, is there any obvious mistakes I'm making with my build that I should fix immediately?

Replace the racial elite with the signet or banner, also signet of might is a bad choice. Take berserker stance or endure pain.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

LordVorbis posted:

So on a whim, because I was buying a character slot anyway, decided to try 5 black lion keys, just to see what's actually inside these chests that have been rotting in my bank for over a year. 2 weapon scraps and a bunch of boosters. Never doing that again. I wonder why these even exist? Surely they should actually give you things that would make you want to open more, not throw away in disgust.

You don't understand, not giving you things makes you want to open more in the off chance that those might give you things! if you had things why would you want more things!

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't know if it's a dude uncle totally works for Arena.net stuff but I've heard plenty of rumors about a chain in Lunatic Inquisition of using the hammer on an alarm face, picking up the boulder that drops and throwing it a pumpkin, then using a pumpkin to unlock a secret rifle. The hammer on the alarm face is true, anyone know about the other steps?

I have hit the face with the hammer, but i had no idea about this. As far as i remember nothing dropped, but i wasn't paying attention.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

So when is ascended armor coming?

Some time this year.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Sprite141 posted:

One of the reasons why I stopped doing a condition build on my Ranger. The other reasons being it was boring, too bleed oriented, and not as effective on a Ranger as I would have liked to hope.

Seriously condition builds suck. Maybe not for necros and engies, but still.

Conditions just suck for pve, it's why everyone just goes berserker. In pvp they kick too much rear end currently.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Secret Sweater posted:

Juggernaut, IMO.

On the warrior.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

tirinal posted:

So, apparently, there are reports that certain mobs in the personal story work for the 'kill guards' wvw meta achievement. Is there a list somewhere of which missions?

That's one of the easiest achievements for the wvwvw meta, it hardly seems worth the trouble. Now if you told me they counted as sentry point captures or dolyak kills i would be all for it.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

UchihaHirou posted:

Bolts of Silk and Cured Thick Leather Squares now cost 3 each! Quick buy it all up!

Edit: poo poo, new BLTC armor skins. RIP my wallet.

Edit 2: Anyone in-game that can get some screenshots of the new BLTC stuff?

I don't see them in the store.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The new heal is 4k AOE healing, seems a bit op for blobs.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
That armor seems incredibly generic, i don't see the appeal. Specially the heavy armor, that looks like every other set.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

BexGu posted:

I'm pretty the blade of the weapons are translucent water that goes away when not being wielded so they could look amazing in game.

The weapons look amazing in game.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The only conditions it removes are torment and poison, that doesn't seem like a big deal.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
They are "we want to make something harder but not make it farmable by giving you champ bags" mobs.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

BobTheJanitor posted:

Right, which will make them equivalent to pre-loot champions. They will never get killed unless it's absolutely required. It's amazing that they have un-learned the lesson that they literally learned 3 months ago, when they gave champions loot because no one was killing them.

The reason people will kill them is because of the event. I imagine they don't want another "gently caress the event, lets farm aethers" situation.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The new sigils and runes are pretty awesome.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Funny how this thread always dies for about three hours at reset time.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The new aoe torment sigil would be incredible on a grenade engi.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
That seems like the best sigil for any crit/cond build.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Top Stats in Sanctum Sprint, which is basically guaranteed, count for the pvp daily now.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Wow, i think im done with the thief.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Yes.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Tsurupettan posted:

Thanks for the reply! Going to give this all a whirl and see if I want to stick with the Engineer or start fresh since it has been a long time. A friend mentioned to me that WvW has boiled down to 'people play the first two or three days and then the losing sides quit'. Is this true or is he just being a dumbass? He has a tendency to be a dumbass so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. One of the reasons I am coming back was that I missed rolling with the WvW zerg. :shobon:

Mostly true but currently because of the season 1 thing you can find people doing things most nights.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Those labyrinth bosses should have counted as world bosses with big chest and bonus chest rewards every day. They were a lot rougher than some of the easier ones.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The problem with the halloween stuff was that the season 1 got thrown right on top of it and immediately cleared out all the people farming it.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Kevin Bacon posted:

For everyone who's reached 80, what was the main "drive" that made you keep on playing after you unlocked most of your class' skills? For me, it has always been that promise of awesome things to come that has made me keep on going in the mmorpgs that I've played. Like that one awesome skill that you unlock at level x or the sweet horse you can ride at lvl y, etc etc, but I just can't seem to find it in this game. Did GW2 kind of do away with that, or am I missing something?

Leveling was so quick and easy and the zones so enjoyable that i was 80 before i noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
For Spvp what is the difference between joining the solo/team queue and talking to the dude and hitting "play now"?.

• Locked thread