Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«26 »
RheaConfused
Jan 22, 2004

I feel the need.
The need... for

PUT YOUR USERNAME IN THE SUBJECT LINE

Hi Everyone! Yay! It's time for Nail Polish Secret Santa!! We like to give a decent amount of time for people to shop and order specialty items, so here we are at last.

All goons are welcome in this thread, whether you're a regular in our thread or not. The only requirement is that you are an active poster with some history. We will come after deadbeats. If the deadline passes and your assigned exchangee has not received a package and you cannot provide proof of shipping, we will request intervention from the mods. If you come to this thread with a new account and no posts to your name and try to register, you won't be matched.

Now, on to the details:

The registration period is from today, October, 20, 2013 to Sunday, November 3, 2013.

If registration slows down or stops before the close date, I may move it up. We can accommodate any stragglers pretty easily and people are usually happy to get their assignments early.

Once the registration period closes, you will receive an email with your santee assignment. All exchangees will be assigned by the end of the day on Wednesday, November 6, 2013.

How to Register:

To register you need to post in this thread and answer the following questions:

quote:

Are you willing to ship internationally? (UK participants, please be fully aware of what this entails!!)

What are your top 5 favourite polish brands?

Any polish brands you dislike?

What are your top 10 wishlist polishes? (or if you don't have a list, try to give some suggestions please)

What are your favourite colours?

Any colors you strongly dislike and will never wear?

Like indies?

Like glitter?

Are you ok with receiving slightly used polish?

Are there any international polish brands you're really interested in?

Are you interested in other makeup or beauty products?

Do you have any food allergies/favorite candies?

Would you be open to receiving a gift card, and if so to where?

Do you only want polish, or do you have other favorite supplies you would like (moisturizer, striping tape, etc)?

Where would your ideal santa live? (Do you have a country preference if you are participating internationally?)

Are you ok with dongs?

You are welcome to add anything else to your post that might assist your santa, such as links to your inventory (if you are worried about dupes), your nail polish interest/skill level, etc.

Once you post in the thread you must send an email to NailPolishSASS@gmail.com. Please include the following items in your email with your username as the subject:

quote:

1. Your home address and real name
2. A link to your post in this thread
3. Are you willing to ship internationally? Any specific countries you can't ship to?

I have my exchangee, now what do I do???

Well, first of all, have fun!

Gifts should total in the area of $25. With this price range you should be able to get a range of polishes, depending on the brand you are purchasing. There are no guidelines regarding how many polishes to send to your exchangee. The goal here is for us to have fun and receive strange packages from mysterious lands. Sometimes these threads can be intimidating because some people spend a lot more money than others, please keep in mind that there is no judgement here and no one should feel bad regarding how much polish they send. It truly is the thought that counts. If you are sending a well thought out, heartfelt gift, your exchangee will be happy.

The deadline for sending out your Santee's package is Wednesday, December 18, 2013.

When you send your package, make sure to get a receipt! Tracking is not required, but if for some reason the package is lost, we will need to see the proof that it was actually sent.

If you have special circumstances and are unable to send your package, please let me know. These could include any number of disasters, but the main complication that comes up is if you ordered something and it failed to arrive on time. Please remember that you will also have the option of having an item shipped directly to your exchangee.

If there is an issue with your package, please be sure to communicate with me. On that same note, please do not sign up and abandon the thread, or sign up with an email that you use rarely. If I am trying to get in touch with you regarding your santee/santa, I need an email you actually check, please.

Here are some tips on international shipping, it's not as scary as you think! (These tips are from December '12, please be responsible and check out your country's guidelines!)

moerketid posted:

Regarding international shipping for folks in the USA, it's actually way easier than a lot of people think. As far as USPS is concerned the world is split into 5 zones: The US, Canada, Mexico, World "3-5" and World "6-9". So if you're shipping outside of North America, anything you send will cost one of two rates - World 1 (3-5) or World 2 (6-9).

You can then find a price guide based on the weight of your package on this document: http://pe.usps.com/cpim/ftp/manuals...0/Notice123.pdf (Page 42)

From this you can see that a 1 ounce package to anywhere in World 1 is $3, a 2 ounce package is $3.78, etc. The price difference to World 2 is actually just a few cents cheaper, at least until we come into heavy packages, then you're talking a dollar or something: not terribly significant.

A full list of countries and their groups starts on page 45. Remember to check under the First Class Mail International column (unless you want to purchase a much more expensive express service).

You'll generally have to mail packages at your post office, with a green customs form. On the customs form you cannot declare the items as nail polish - technically you're not allowed to send it. Don't worry, people who fret about "it's illegal!!", I've yet to hear of anyone who actually got into any trouble for sending it. Anywhere. Your customs form declaration can be one of two things: cosmetics (accurate, but a very few post offices apparently get pissy about it?) or art supply. I noticed the latter is used by the largest eBay nail polish sellers with tens of thousands of feedback, so it's probably a safe bet.

Lastly, for packaging: save yourself a little cash and remember that you can use a bubble mailer (with a reasonable amount of bubblewrap) quite safely for polishes! A box is great and all, but with proper care taken in packing it's not necessary and will cost you a bit more.

So I hope that helps out if you've been unsure how the whole international shipping thing works!

If you are shipping from the UK to another country, please be fully aware of the concerns and issues surrounding this. It would be better if you used a private service rather than risk loss of your package because of Royal mail.

If your exchangee does not receive their package (and you cannot provide proof) by Saturday, January 18, 2014, you will officially be labeled a dead beat and a mod will be contacted. You will also not be permitted to participate in future exchanges.

If you need to contact your santee/santa to ask additional questions, you may send an email to NailPolishSASS@gmail.com and I will post the question in this thread or email your santee/santa.

Once you receive your package, make sure to take pics and come back here and post in the thread. This way I can check your santa off the list and we can all enjoy the pretties!

HAVE FUN!

oh, and

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RheaConfused
Jan 22, 2004

I feel the need.
The need... for

I will ask a mod to fix my missing h

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Are you willing to ship internationally? (UK participants, please be fully aware of what this entails!!)
Yep!

KBShimmer, China Glaze, OPI, Zoya, good indies (yes, this is super helpful, isn't it)

Other brands I think are great and am interested in owning more of are Misa, Barry M, Emily de Molly, Models Own

Here is a full list of my collection.

In general: drama indies, lovely quality indies, cheap quality drug store polishes

Specific brands: Lynnderella, Rainbow Honey, Spoiled/Confetti/Sinful Colors (have some of each that I like, but it's kind of a crapshoot with them)

What are your top 10 wishlist polishes? (or if you don't have a list, try to give some suggestions please)
This is my poorly-updated wishlist

Some polishes I'm strongly lusting over:
- The Etude House Minnie Mouse glitters
- Sephora X Thunder
- Sephora X Wham!
- Glam Polish Go Home Sky, You're Drunk
- Glam Polish Nickle Nackle

Blues, purples, teals, and pinks, but I already own lots of those

I'm pretty choosy about what nudes I wear, so that's probably not a good direction to go. Also, I hate frosty finishes.

Like indies?
Generally, yes

Like glitter?
I like glitters in colored jellies or tinted bases; not a big fan of glitter topcoats in a clear base these days, I just don't wear them much any more

Yeah, no prob

I have tried and liked a lot of international brands, such as Barry M, A England, Models Own, Emily de Molly, and would love to try some interesting regional varities -- I have kind of a fascination for Korean polishes right now and totally break my own rule against clear base glitter topcoats for the interesting kinds of glitters they are putting out

Not really, I use very little other makeup

No allergies, and I like most kinds of candy (except black licorice and those weird milk candies)

Not really interested in a gift card, I prefer weird packages to open

Do you only want polish, or do you have other favorite supplies you would like (moisturizer, striping tape, etc)?
I'm pretty good on supplies, polish would be preferred

Where would your ideal santa live? (Do you have a country preference if you are participating internationally?)
International would be awesome (I live in the US), with the sad exception of the UK right now since the Royal Mail are doing evil things to polish packages

Are you ok with dongs?
Totally ok with dongs that are inside the box! Dongify me!

I know that this description and the size of my collection makes it seem difficult to think of what to buy me. It doesn't have to be expensive brands (I own a bunch of Sally Hansen that I use all the time) and used polish is fine by me too. It can be all cremes and I will totally use them, or weird colors and I will totally use them! (I mean, everything will get used eventually -- I'm steadily whittling down my untried list.) Anything that is sent will be totally loved.

Serella fucked around with this message at Oct 25, 2013 around 21:25

VyperRDH
Nov 5, 2007

Brush your teeth for God's sake...

YAY!!!

Are you willing to ship internationally?
Anywhere in North America. ***I can do international shipping anywhere if need be, maybe just not the UK***

China Glaze, OPI, Orly, Zoya, goon indies

Not really. I don't really do too many drugstore brands.

What are your top 10 wishlist polishes?
Just ideas!
Rainbow Honey -Believe in pink
Rainbow Honey -Any of the Sweet Talk collection
Indigo Bananas -Endless Nights (or any I don't already own)
Ninja Polish -Mystic Glacier
Orly -Chocolate Martini
Oh and those Rite Aid christmas polishes Portals posted!
Also any brands/colors that I don't have [I don't own any of the new sephora x polishes]

Got a favorite polish that you think everyone should own? Send me one, I'm not picky, I'll love anything!
I don't have many cremes and could use some. I love shimmer, chromes, glitter, basically ALL THE POLISH!

Here is the link to my stash. It is updated. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...RWc&usp=sharing

What are your favourite colors?
Pink, purple, teal, yellow

Not really. I'm good on dark blue and black polishes though

Like indies?
Hell yes

Like glitter?
Again, hell yes

Not a problem

All of them

Sure. Please no body mist/perfume, I'm in the "most artificial scents give me migraines" club.

Vegetarian, nothing with red 40.

Sure, etsy, Ulta, Sally's.

striping tape would be cool, stamping plates (the only ones I have are by Cheeky)

Where would your ideal santa live?
Doesn't matter to me.

Are you ok with dongs?
yes

VyperRDH fucked around with this message at Nov 6, 2013 around 14:19

supkirbs
Oct 14, 2012

The library is the worst bunch of people assembled in history. They're mean, conniving, rude and extremely well read which makes them very dangerous.

Okay sure

Emily De Molly, OPI, A England, China Glaze, KBShimmer

Cheap quality drugstore polish, Sinful colors, Kleancolors, LynB Designs.

I keep going in to edit this when new stuff comes out so I'm just going to say take a look at my wishlist stuff on pinterest, I keep it constantly updated! Keep in mind this is stuff I'd usually buy myself, don't feel like you have to get me a ton of expensive polish, you can just take it as suggestions of the kind of things I like! I'm happy with less expensive brands if you see something you think I'd like!

(I also have a pinterest board for stuff I already own & a google doc spreadsheet of what I already own)

Purple, Pink, Blue, Turquoise, jewel tones, dark colors, gothy princess stuff.

Oranges, Yellows, Lime green.

Like indies?
Yes, if they're good quality.

Like glitter?
Absolutely! I'm particularly fond of circle glitter. Not too fond of matte glitters. Bar glitters should be called barf glitters. Would love more stuff that's well-done glitter in a clear base.

Absolutely! No issue with that at all.

I guess A England & EDM are international polish brands (but available shipped to us) but other than that, nothing in particular.

I'd prefer mostly polish but I'm not opposed to samples or small beauty stuff.

No food allergies and I love japanese candies, especially HI CHEW. Strawberry & grape Hi Chews are my favoooorite. I like the milk candies also.

I'd prefer not.

I'm pretty good on supplies but I wouldn't mind stamping plates, mainly want polish though.

USA I guess? I don't really have a strong preference as long as it's easy for them to access stuff.

Are you ok with dongs?
I'll be disappointed if there aren't any

supkirbs fucked around with this message at Nov 10, 2013 around 18:45

Captain Clown
Dec 24, 2012

Just for THAT, Batman...

Yaaaay!

Are you willing to ship internationally? (UK participants, please be fully aware of what this entails!!): No, unfortunately!

What are your top 5 favourite polish brands?: Hmm... Zoya, China Glaze, Butter London, and our very own Indigo Bananas and Scofflaw Varnish.

Any polish brands you dislike?: Wet n Wild/Spoiled I'm not too crazy for.

*Cirque- XX, Electric Circus... (or any other Cirque honestly)
*A England- Dragon
*Picture Polish- Hope, Lagoon...
*Happy Hands- Sector 7-G
*Ninja Polish- Alexandrite
*KBShimmer- You Autumn Know, Teal Another Tail...
*Anything from the past summer China Glaze collection?

What are your favourite colours?: Green and purple... but I probably have enough green and purple. Honestly though any color is fine besides the ones below:

Any colors you strongly dislike and will never wear?: Pink (exceptions being obnoxiously neon ones). Most reds unless they have cool glitter in them or something. Most yellows.

Like indies?: Considering most of my wishlist is indies.... that would be a big yes!

Like glitter?: Yup!

Are you ok with receiving slightly used polish?: Sure!

Are there any international polish brands you're really interested in?: Dance Legend, Femme Fatale, Picture Polish, Emily de Molly...

Are you interested in other makeup or beauty products?: Nope!

Do you have any food allergies/favorite candies?: I'm allergic to tree-nuts (walnuts, almonds, etc). Things that were processed in factories with treenuts in them or whatever are ok; I just can't have things with tree-nuts actually in them.

Would you be open to receiving a gift card, and if so to where?: Sally Beauty, Ulta, Sephora...

Do you only want polish, or do you have other favorite supplies you would like (moisturizer, striping tape, etc)?: Mostly polish, though striping tape and/or cuticle balm might be cool too

Where would your ideal santa live? (Do you have a country preference if you are participating internationally?): The US

Are you ok with dongs?: Inside the package only!

Also, a link to my spreadsheet!

Lemony Fresh Smurf
Jul 20, 2007

ok ill tell them the fucking awesome plan

Sure.

1. Zoya
2. China Glaze
3. OPI
4. Whimsical Ideas by Pam
5. All goon polishes

Sinful Colors and I don't get along very much.

1. Scofflaw Koi Pondering
2. Zoya Carter
3. Indigo Bananas Lime Warp
4. Sinister Benediction Gondolin Steel
5.Manglaze Lesbihonest (I just bought this because I cannot control myself)
6. A-England St. George
7. ORLY Glowstick
8. Layla Hologram Mercury Twilight
9. KBShimmer What's Your Damage
10. Happy Hands For British Eyes Only

Purple, blue, green, and gray shades. Cooler colors I guess. I looovvveee textured polish in virtually any color though.

I've yet to find a nude I'm happy with and I find that I basically don't wear berry/wine reds. I do not wear crackle polish.

Like indies?

gently caress yes I do.

Like glitter?

I can appreciate a good glitter I.E. Hot Mess "Coldcocked". In fact if my Santa sends me this and this only I will be so so so incredibly happy.

Yup!

A-England mostly but I'm open to trying anything that isn't sold in the U.S.

Sure.

I don't eat animal or animal products of any kind. This includes honey. I realize I'm a picky mofo so I don't expect treats.

I'm open to it. I've got Sally's, Macy's, and a Sephora stand in my town. Everything else I usually have to order online. It's probably a good thing that I'm 100+ miles away from an Ulta. >.>

Stamping plates please! Moisturizers would be great, too. Living in the Northwest in the Winter is absolute hell on my hands.

No preferences! Surprise me!

Are you ok with dongs?
Dong it up.

Also here is a list of my current stash: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LUE&usp=sharing

E: Honestly as long as is isn't crackle or frosty polish, I'm down with just about every polish. No stress or pressure at all.

Lemony Fresh Smurf fucked around with this message at Nov 6, 2013 around 06:05

uptown
May 16, 2009

Canada and Continental US only please

OPI
Cult Nails
Orly
ButterLondon
I dunno... send me Zoya. I have never tried a Zoya in my life.

I won't wear Lynns because of ~morals~ and Enchanted is starting to piss me off too. No drama polishes (gosh, it's like "no blood diamonds please!") and nobody who makes polishes that are thick from the get-go. I will not "dab" on my glitter t

Zoya - Chyna
Indigo Bananas - Moonlight/Clair de Lune
I will be adding to this list as time goes on! Expect lots of edits.

I like bright colours and rich colours. Bright pink and rich cherrywood, for example.

Dusty colours are not my thang.

Like indies?
Yeup.

Like glitter?
Not at the moment.

I love Picture Polish and my Aussie Santa spoiled me last year, but I am not fussy!

No thank you.

Feed me anything that is not minty

Lush Canada or Sephora - I would really, really rather have a package of polish though, even if you handpick some stuff off NailPolishCanada and have it sent to my home address without even touching the actual polish.

I would be cool with an emery board or whatever tossed in there but please no glass files *shudder*

Since I'm not posting to anyone very far this time, I'm going to say "whatever" to this one - I have been spoiled by my Santas every year no matter where they're from!

Are you ok with dongs?
Dong me up, Scotty.

e: wtf, I somehow deleted Are you ok with receiving slightly used polish?. The answer is yes!

uptown fucked around with this message at Oct 22, 2013 around 04:24

viscous wolves
Apr 17, 2012

Not really, I don't think I can afford overseas shipping.

Zoya, Sonnetarium, China Glaze, OPI, goon indies!

I've had bad luck with Kleancolor, and I want to avoid dramabomb indies.

- Nail Pattern Boldness Vincent Price Is Right
- Dollish Polish Expecto Patronum
- Dance Legend TermoTRIO No. 1
- Sonnetarium Banana Pudding
- Scofflaw Love Letter To Kurt Vonnegut
- Indigo Bananas Maui Wowee
- KBShimmer Excuse Me, I Blurpled (such a bad name but soooo pretty)
- Manglaze Santorum
- OPI Barre My Soul
- Zoya Dove
(My extended wishlist is here.)

It's really hard to choose! I've recently gotten a fondness for browns, golds, and reds. I'm absolutely nuts about any sort of thermal polish, if you get me some of that I will love you forever. Maybe some eye-fuckingly neon polish would be good.

Pastel pink, any sort of yellowish green. Blech. I like blue, but I already have tons. I also don't much like sheer formulas or overly gloopy formulas. Bar glitters kinda suck too, outside of Connect The Dots dupes.

Like indies?
Yes please!

Like glitter?
Heck yes.

Absolutely!

Dance Legend's thermal stuff, A England, and EdM.

Nope.

I'm allergic to pineapple, but everything else is good. I love love love coconut and chocolate.

What's the joy in a gift card? If you really can't send me polish, a gift card to any website that sells good indies (like Color4Nails or Etsy) is fine.

Maybe some goon-made cuticle cream.

USA if possible.

Are you ok with dongs?
Eh, they're alright. If you must, keep them inside the box.

My polish list is here. I'm steadily converting it all into a pinterest board.

viscous wolves fucked around with this message at Nov 6, 2013 around 02:35

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Fuck Mohawk
Get Money

Yeah buddy let's do this!

I will be editing regularly until the deadline. Even if it's a small clarification on a sentence.

Not this year because money issues. My streak of international SASS is broken and I'm not pleased

Zoya, China Glaze, OPI, Illamasqua, Goon polishes (Hot Mess, Sinister Benediction, Scofflaw, Yume Lacquer etc.), ORLY

The crazy ladies (Lynderella, Lime Crime), Essence, Deborah Lippman, Rainbow Honey, Julep (unless you can prove otherwise)

Also putting drugstore brands (Sinful Colors, Sally Hansen, Revlon, etc.) on a list. They're not awful, but they're readily available and I want new polish adventures.

Scofflaw Love Letter to Jacques Cousteau

My Google spreadsheet is very comprehensive and likely scary. To be objective, I need more yellows and oranges. Cremes are nice, but I'll take anything you suggest. And greens. I need more greens.

Teal and blue. During summer I like corals, and winter I like vampy colors (e.g. oxblood, purple, gunmetal grey). I'm not afraid of glitter bombs and texture (e.g. OPI Sand, Zoya Pixiedust) polishes. Oh and holograms. Gimme all dem lasers.

Not a fan of bar glitter/feather texture polishes. Crackles, fuzzy, caviar/beads, and magnetic polishes are too much of a hassle for me.

Like indies?
Yes! I want to branch out my preferred list of indie polish brands.

Like glitter?
Usually! If it looks coordinated and applies smoothly I'm all over it. I dislike glitter bombs that look like bad arts and crafts projects *ahem*Lynderella*ahem*

I am happy to adopt your unwanted polishes. Give me your tired, your weak, your unloved colors If nothing else I find the ones I don't like forever homes.

Barry M, A England, GOSH Cosmetics, and Korean/Japanese polish brands that I can't find around my part of California

Of course! I have a weakness for eye shadow and eyeliner. So much so I started a blog so I can use all the colors. I like lipsticks but I'm picky. My color is MAC NC20 if you need to be specific.

Deathly allergic to peanuts, pecans and seafood
After that I'm fair game. I love me some dark chocolate and local candies.

If you're in doubt, get me a gift card for Amazon, Sephora, and/or Ulta.

Striping tape and a stamping kit would be cool. Why must Moyou be so expensive but those Suki plates are so awesome and my wallet hates me

Santa is magic and can be from anywhere.

Are you ok with dongs?
Just keep the dong content inside the box. Otherwise, dong me baby

I live near a few beauty places that sell OPI, China Glaze, and Essie on the regular. I stalk these places regularly. But if you find anything from those brands that you think would tickle my fancy feel free to send it over.

I have a Google spreadsheet that I obsessively keep up to date. The real wishlist here is more like a general idea that the polish listed shows a best example of. Don't be afraid to get creative (dupes, frankens, and whatever).
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...aEE&usp=sharing

Also for reference here is a list of shops I like on Etsy. Maybe you'll find something I like that will inspire your pres--I mean - https://www.etsy.com/people/tennyoc...ites?type=shops

Happy Dongmas everyone!

animeluva1 fucked around with this message at Nov 16, 2013 around 05:12

RubySprinkles
Jul 8, 2008

Yes.

Butter London, OPI, Zoya, any of the Goon-made polish, Deborah Lippmann

I have had a horrible time with Essie polish.

- Butter London Petrol Overcoat
- Super Black Drunk Dial
- Lush Lacquer Lite Brite
- Lush Lacquer Clowning Around
- Painted Sabotage Hate Tank
- Indigo Bananas Medusa Transducer
- China Glaze Fang-tastic
- Orly Sparkling Garbage
- KB Shimmer You Go Ghoul
- Butter London No More Waity, Katie

Don't really have any favorite colors, but do prefer cool tones/undertones.

Yellowish green.

Like indies?
Yes.

Like glitter?
YES!

HELL YES!!

Nothing specific, I would like to try any of the stuff I can't readily get here in the states.

Yes, just no body sprays/perfumes please.

No allergies - love all the candy!

Gift card is fine - top picks would be Sephora, Ulta, and Sally Beauty.

I'm open to supplies - would like a nice cuticle balm, and would like to try some striping tape.

Non-U.S. No real preference.

Are you ok with dongs?
I like dongs as long as they are inside and marked NSFW - I do have a 3.5 year old who will probably want to open the polish box with me.

Edit: Stash list completely updated. Have bought mostly obscure things and nothing on my wish list. Santa I'm on a no-buy now, I swear!!!

Stash List

RubySprinkles fucked around with this message at Nov 14, 2013 around 22:31

Muffy_the_Diver
Oct 19, 2004

ALL ABOARD THE BUTT TRAIN

Holy gently caress YES

HERE IS MY UPDATED SPREADSHEET! FINALLY.

Also, I am very likely to be buying myself IB Fiery the Angels Fell, Medusa Transducer, and Moonlight in the next, like, week. I will update here if I go ahead with that.

I'm scared to (I'm in the US, for reference)

Gooooons (Particularly IB and HM, though I already have like everything of theirs sooo), drama-free and well-reputed indies, A England, Essence (but I already own, like, every Essence colour), ORLY (getting less boring, and I love the formula!), Butter LONDON.

Never thought I'd be saying this, but I'm deep enough into this obsession that I'm pretty well over drugstore brands (Sinful, WnW, Sally Hansen, Revlon, etc). Really though, I don't HATE them. I am just picky now, but if you find something OMGMUSTHAVE of theirs, I will happily use it! No Lynnderella, Rainbow Honey, Lime Crime, or other super controversial brands. Julep, Essie (good formula, but boring colours), OPI, SOPI, NOPI (etc). Oh, also, I work at Sally's and probably already own the entire store by now.

Roughly in order of jonesin':
+ A England Saint George
+ Nail Pattern Boldness: Slow Invasion
+ Emily De Molly Oceanic Forces, or if that's unattainable, Different Dimension: Drops of Jupiter
+ Painted Sabotage Valthrudnir
+ A England Tristam
+ Nail Pattern Boldess: Hello Sweetie
+ Scofflaw Sturm Und Drang
+ Painted Sabotage: The Impossible Girl
+ Lime Crime Pastelchio and Milky Ways (Regretfully. Do not buy me this. If you already own it and don't want it, then I'd be happy to take it off your hands )
+ Hot Mess Coldcocked (I have a mini, and regret not buying the fullsize when I had the chance)

I'm also interested in trying Duri Rejuvacote, if you have an unloved bottle kicking around!

Black, teal, navy, grey, wedgwood blue, orange, coral, plum (which I rarely wear), army green, lime green, turquoise, mint green. I'm ALL ABOUT classic art deco colours (but I prefer silver to gold).
I have plennnnnty of all of these in cremes (particularly plum, why do I have so many plums).

As far as finishes go, I like cremes, foils, glitterbombs, jelly glitterbombs, glassfleck, flakie, properly matte glitters (the ones without even a hint of shine/metallic).

Red, pink, bright blue, bright purple, bright kelly green, yellow, pink, brown, did I mention pink?

As far as finishes: frosts, shimmers, metallics, chromes, anything that leaves brushstrokes (oh my god), glitters that are all one size (especially small glitters) in clear.

Like indies?
Hell to the yes.

Like glitter?
Mothafuckin' hell to the YES. Except hairy glitter. I own one and that is one too many. I particularly like circle, square, and star glitter, other novelty shapes are also rad and I will love them.

poo poo yeah I am.

Japanese stuff is super cute and I wouldn't mind having more :3 I'm more interested in awesome bottles than necessarily what's in them.

Not terribly. I like chapstick but I am picky and literally have like forty of them kicking about the house.

No grains/gluten (the one exception is rice), no peanuts, I hate coconut (with the exception of Mounds :???: ). Fake sugars (Aspartame, sucralose, acesulfame, erythritol, etc) give me migraines, and I don't like stevia and agave. I'm one picky motherfucker.
I love dark chocolate (none of this Hershey's poo poo. I mean like 70-100% dark - I am a weirdo and will happily eat straight cocoa powder when desperate), mint, hazelnut, and any combination thereof (I will murder a herd of schoolchildren for those Lindt chocolate balls in the hazelnut flavour). I also like coffee.

I'd much prefer something with a pile of effort involved (most of the fun is seeing what your santa came up with!), but if a GC is on the menu, I'd love one to Sally's, or maybe like Sephora or something? I've never been into one.

I would love some stamping plates. Particularly stars, fishscales, anything art deco or art nouveau inspired, or anything cutesy/halloweeny. I prefer bold and graphic things.
For inspiration, click here. The cute little faces and ghosts and spiderwebs on plates C and D are killing me. Stuff along those lines would be awesome, although I have SUPER TEENSY nailbeds usually, so I don't really need anything gigantic like that. Even XL plates are overkill for me.

Don't care!

Are you ok with dongs?
I can't fukken get enough dongs. Dong it to me. Give me all the dongs. Or else. (But keep them inside the box, please. We might be moving around that time and I really don't need the landlords happening upon a dongbox before I get to it.)

Muffy_the_Diver fucked around with this message at Nov 7, 2013 around 07:15

Fish Biscuit
Dec 10, 2006

Unexpected emergency expenses are forcing me to bow out of NPSS this year. Really sorry guys. Hope you have a fun and dong filled christmas.

Fish Biscuit fucked around with this message at Oct 29, 2013 around 14:52

just da
Oct 24, 2007
I don't wanna know.

I was going to say no but international people need nail lovin' too so sure but I would prefer to stay US based.

Indigo Bananas
Zoya
China Glaze
Opi

the stupid NYC stuff that takes a billion layers to show color

More than 10 here but this should give you an idea of my tastes
IB Maui Wowee, The Secret to Life, Shadow, Electric Unicorns
Scofflaw Koi Pondering
Hot Mess Fuego
Hot Mess 99.1%
corset or dress topped bottles like the Nfu Oh bottle and Anna Sui
Nail Junkie Animal Fish (or something that looks like it)
Sinister Benediction JPG
any of those ILNP or Dance Legend multichromes (ILNP birefringence is especially lovely)
Literary Lacquer Bionic Mmmm-Detector from the Good Parts Collection
Ninja Polish 100% Columbian,
Wingdust Collections Steel Town Girl, Fairy Blind
Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure
Essie Shine of the Times

Teal, blue, green, metallics, burgundy, holo, duochrome, multichrome, flakies. Ok, anything that's not neon, orange, or yellow. Ok?

It's not a color but I seriously loathe sand textures. I won't wear neons, yellows, and most oranges.

Like indies?
Love them as long as it's not a glitter vomit with no thought to color. (No Lime Crime, Lynnderella)

Like glitter?
Sure!

Sure!

Nfu Oh flakies. I have no idea what other brands are international. >.<

I'm a sucker for beeswax lip balms and shea/mango/cocoa butter type hand/cuticle creams. I have too much lotion (Bath and Bodyworks sales sometimes suck me in.) If you want to do scented creams, I really don't like floral scents. I'm a reformed BPAL junkie, my go-to scents there are dark vanilla, dark musk, sandalwood, amber, leather. (Just trying to cover many bases here)

-no food allergies. Dark chocolate (70%) makes the world go 'round. Licorice is gross. Gummy bears and jelly beans are great.

Sure. Sally's Beauty, Sephora, Etsy.

maybe stamping plates. I pretty much have any supplies I want or need.

I don't have a preference

Are you ok with dongs?
I love dongs. I have an envelope of dong confetti hanging on my cork board from an Etsy order I made ages ago because drat, that's funny. They might shock my mail person if they are outside the package, though.

Link to my polish collection. Holy crap do I hate making spreadsheets. Sorry it's so messy. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Tmc&usp=sharing

Oh. Dear Santa, if your house is a cat haven please try to make a note of that on the outside of the box. That way, I know to open it away from my highly allergic sister who can't wait to see what Santa sends. I don't mind cat hair but it makes her miserable for days.

just da fucked around with this message at Nov 5, 2013 around 05:59

Muffy_the_Diver
Oct 19, 2004

ALL ABOARD THE BUTT TRAIN

Oh loving goddamn it, I quoted instead of edited. <> Please disregard this.

Quinctia
Jul 16, 2006

Disasterrific.

So, I was all panicky that my spreadsheet hadn't been updated since January, but I apparently updated it in June, so that's only half as horrible. I think. You can find it here. I am going to try to update it more. I did update it more! I quite possibly missed a couple, but this is better.

Are you willing to ship internationally? (UK participants, please be fully aware of what this entails!!):
No. Even if I wasn't afraid of something terrible happening to the package, given how much shipping cost me last year, I don't think I could afford international shipping.

Zoya, Butter London, Orly, China Glaze, and Sally Hansen

Lynnderella, Lime Crime, basically any drama-mongering indie...

So some of these are like stupid to come by, but it will maybe give an idea of the sort of things I adore?
- Rescue Beauty Lounge - Scrangie (the first one)
- Cult Nails - Unicorn Puke / Clairvoyant
- Illamasqua - Raindrops
- The 2nd line of Color Club holos
- the holiday Color Club that was scented like Gingerbread / Revlon Autumn Spice
- Vintage Urban Decay / Hard Candy
- Essie - For the Twill of It
- Complex Shimmers, is a good way to describe my overall polish color preferences
- Since I haven't bought any Sephora X stuff yet, some of that.
- Looking at my Zoya Aurora again, I don't think it's salvagable, because something is crooked and the bottle won't seal right, so another bottle of Aurora, pretty please?

Purple, Blue, Teal, shimmer, duochrome, holo

Red and Orange. Also, I can't wear mattes, they chip within hours, and creme is my least favorite finish.

Like indies?
Sure! Everything but glitters that were made by sweeping off the work counter and putting them into a bottle.

Like glitter?
So much, I'm surprised I haven't become glitter.

Yes, and if it's Vintage UD, I'm okay with receiving rather used polish, as long as there's some left in there for me!

Uhh...Models Own, HITS, A-England, and really adorable asian brands.

Sure. I've got varied tastes, so most of that's way beyond the scope of this swap. BUT. If you find gingerbread lip balm/gloss/anything, I will love you forever. Actually, ginger anything.

I'm sensitive to some scents, so please no floral/fake fresh scented anything, including scented polish, or I might get a migraine. Foody/fruity/spicy aren't a problem, and I enjoy products in those scent families.

No allergies, but I hate anise/licorice and I'm really not fond of lime. My favorite candies are gummy everythings, caramel creams and almond m&ms, but I love trying international or local regional stuff. So if you've got access to a specialty ethnic store, I'd probably love to try the candy. The only thing I've got nearby is a Mexican supermercado.

I'd prefer polish, but I could easily find a use for a Sephora or Ulta card.

I use Zoya Anchor, Zoya Armor, and Poshe Fast-Dry Top Coat, if any of that needs to be rehomed. Aside from that, some cuticle balm in a chapstick tube would be useful, and if anyone's managed to find a good small jar that I can decant some acetone into and it won't evaporate overnight, I'd love one. And if you luck out into an ELF Disney Villains Ursula kit... Oh, and I suppose I wouldn't mind some Hello Kitty Nail Stickers as long as you don't pay Sephora retail for them.

Anywhere where the post to me in the US wouldn't be thwarted, but since I'm doing domestic, US is probably the most fair.

Are you ok with dongs?
Yes, but keep them inside the package!

Quinctia fucked around with this message at Oct 22, 2013 around 06:45

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007
Philosophy degrees add inches to your penis

What is the deal with the dongs and why would they be inside or outside a package?

LooseLeafTea
Oct 17, 2012

Well, what do you say?

Oh god what am I letting myself in for but I CAN'T STOP TYPING ARGH

Edit! Dumped barebones of my database to Google, got document:
My obscene (but not PigBoots level) stash and wish lists

I fear Royal Mail... I was going to say 'I fear they would steal my dongs' but then I realised the sentence was fine as it was. I just fear them. So regretfully not

I have well over 100 brands in my collection. Total brand tart... Anyway, my spectacularly-unhelpful-for-UK-folks list:
Indigo Bananas, Scofflaw, China Glaze, Dance Legend, Barry M (but I buy all the Barrys I want cos I pass a Superdrug every day and I'm helpless)

I love Zoya but Zoya does not like me, ditto Essie (which is a shame). Dramarella, other drama-filled indies (tho Lime Crime keeps tempting me...). Really cheapo UK drugstore stuff like Collection2000 or MUA doesn't seem to agree with me (tho 2True and Beauty UK seem to work better)

Good question! I keep both my inventory and my lemming list (lemlist? I like lemlist) in a database, so I'll try to dump it to a GoogleDoc and edit this to put a list here.
For the moment, a few I can think of off the top of my head:
- China Glaze 'bat my eyes'
- Marilyn or Minuit from the Dior Golden Winter collection (ha, I wish)
- OPI 'my vampire is buff'
- anything thermal in my colour groups. Dammit I love thermals. But in particular Dance Legend 170 or similar (red-black), I've tried to buy it three times and lost them all

Blue, green, blue-green (heh), purple. But I do own millions. Also grey and brown. I've been getting more into red and orange recently. Hell, anything except pink!

Pink pink pink pink urgh. Also coral hates me and wants me to be miserable forever.

Like indies?
Oh heck yes!

Like glitter?
Glitter in a milky or jelly base = win. Clear base glitter, less so - but I can muster enough jellies for sammiches so anything interesting is fine.

Aye

Good god, millions. Those crazy Russians and their evil chemicals, the Korean piles of weird...

Very sensitive skin and super-allergies mean I'm unbelievably picky about makeup so I'm afraid not.

Any nuts (including peanuts and coconut, annoyingly) are liable to kill me. Not a big candy fan, though I might possibly go crazy for fizzy cola bottles... Dark (like, 70%) dark chocolate is my jam really

Gift cards are cool, especially to places that sell fun indie gubbins (Llarowe, Ninja, Rainbow Connection, Sally Magpies)

Polish pls, am drowning in supplies (I keep trying to not buy polish and tell myself another stamping plate will be my methodone - never works)

UK only, sorry!

Are you ok with dongs?
Dong me up baby! But not on the outside, I get this poo poo shipped to work...

LooseLeafTea fucked around with this message at Oct 22, 2013 around 14:07

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Yes, I suppose-- rather, I'm willing to order local to you.

Color Club (note that I have their entire! holographic line at this time, do not send me more), Nfu-Oh, Cirque, Layla, etc

Rainbow Honey, Crowstoes are the big ones. Basically if they're an indie and you've heard about thick formula issues with them, that is a no.

I haven't been paying so much attention in the past few months-- I don't think I've bought from any of the big goon polishteers this year at all even, so those are great places too look.

Deep, vivacious purple. Not so blue as to be a 'blurple', but definitely not red-purple. I've finally tracked down a blue purple cream though so I'm not looking so much for purples in polish. I like everything.

Corals are the big one. Old lady colours like that.

Like indies?

Yes, absolutely.

Like glitter?

Hell yes.

Go crazy.

Right now Dance Legend springs to mind, especially those multichromes I've seen pictures of, but I love seeing anything you can't readily get your hands on here.

Sure.

No black licorice, but that's about it.

Sure, my favourite shops are Nail Polish Canada or Harlow and Co.

I'm set for striping tape but otherwise whatever works.

Nah, no preference. If it's cost-effective to directly ship, I will be hand-crafting some amateur polish attempts for you. In addition to commercial stuff.

Are you ok with dongs?

This is a dong-friendly home.

Kitto
Apr 26, 2011

Yes! Depending on where they live, I might just get things sent straight to them (seems pointless to spend extra $$ to send to NZ and then back to the US)

Zoya, OPI, China Glaze, Deborah Lippmann and all the goon indies.

I loathe Chanel; bought 1 bottle, was given the rest. All of them are thick, streaky, go on poorly. Maybe my chemistry doesn't match but, ugh. For like $50 NZD I expect something that's not poo poo. I also have one MAC colour, the formula's pretty bad, but not sure if that's on par for their whole line.

- Ninja Polish Nebula
- Spellbound Nails Bewitching Old Broads
- KB Shimmer Witch Way?
- Sonnetarium Blueberry Yogurt
- Cirque XX
- Cirque Ophelia
- Sephora X Law of Attraction
Will edit in more as they come to me.

I tend to lean towards blues, purples, darker reds. Oh, and dark colours.

Any colours you strongly dislike and will never wear?
Not a fan of frosted/ones that leave brush strokes. Pale pink and I do not match at ALL (I guess I could let a creme slide, but definitely nothing else). Probably wouldn't wear something that was bright green (mint is fine though!).

Like indies?
I do!

Like glitter?
Hahaha, yes. Not a big fan of bar glitter, though.

Sure am!

Pretty much all brands are international brands to me, heh. I am interested in trying out KB Shimmer or Cirque though.

Yes, I am beauty obsessed.

No allergies, and I'm really open minded with food and love trying candy that's different to what I'd get here. I do love sour ones though.

Sure! Sephora, Sally's Beauty, Ulta etc. So long as it's redeemable online. I don't live in the US, but I have a lovely friend who does (and is my post mule).

I wouldn't say no! I only really have CND Stickey and Out the Door by way of supplies. I'd be interested in a dotting tool, also, Indigo Banana's cuticle balm sounds amazing.

No preference!

Are you ok with dongs?
I don't mind either way, but please keep them limited to the inside.

Here is my pinterest of the colours I own. I will try and spreadsheet it at some point.

Kitto fucked around with this message at Nov 6, 2013 around 02:11

Women's Rights?
Nov 16, 2005

Ain't give a damn

No, I would prefer to ship only within the US

China Glaze, Zoya, A England, Nail Pattern Boldness, Different Dimensions

Spoiled, Wet & Wild, L'Oreal, Pahlish

Darling Diva - Passionate
Nail Pattern Boldness - Slow Invasion
Cadillaequer - Say the Word
Different Dimension - Bazinga!
China Glaze - All Wrapped Up
Girly Bits - Dick In A Box
Zoya - Dream
Zoya - Payton
A England - Fated Prince

Blues, purples, and pinks. But really I like almost every color except...

Yellow, no thank you

Like indies?
Totally, more so every day!

Like glitter?
I like glitter, unless it's glitter barf in which case no thank you

100% cool with that!

Skin care stuff you can ignore, I got that down, but I never turn down lipstick!

No allergies, but not a big fan of sour stuff. I god drat love jelly beans.

I'd rather get polish, but a gift card to Sally's or Ulta would be alright.

Just polish is cool, I have plenty of other supplies!

Ideally in the US please

Are you ok with dongs?
I friggin love dongs

Update: Collection entered! That didn't take as long as I thought, considering the number...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VHc&usp=sharing

I also added a wishlist tab that I'll add to whenever it occurs to me

Women's Rights? fucked around with this message at Oct 21, 2013 around 23:13

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Fuck Mohawk
Get Money

Sizone posted:

What is the deal with the dongs and why would they be inside or outside a package?

Blame user 99 Goddamn Dicks. She was in a previous NPSASS and got dongs in her box along with polish. Suddenly everyone decided that dongs were a great thing to put in future NPSASS. Some people do request to keep the box itself work safe.

vegemitesandwhich
Nov 17, 2005
DiRt-y Girl

Just Canada and the US since shipping is expensive and I am not very rich…

China Glaze, Essie, OPI, Goon polishes, I am bad at lists.

Not really, but I will jump on the 'avoid indie drama bombs' train.

I don’t have a wish list, but I am really interested in right now (which I guess is a whishlist, but it's not formal or anything):
NCLA – Cookies and Gold
A England – Dragon
ILNP – Birefringence or Cygnus Loop
Glitter Guilty – Arsenic and Old Lace (SKULL GILTTERS)
Amys Nail Boutique – Over the Rainbow

I love blue and purple. But I feel like I should branch out. I do not own a single brown nail polish.

I will wear any colour.

Like indies?
Yes

Like glitter?
YES

Definitely.

Nothing especially, I mean I am obviously interested in A England per wish list above, but it's gettable from within Canada so I don't really think of it as international...

Makeup makes me break out so nail polish is my only way of being pretty

A very recently acquired dairy allergy (booooooo!) so nothing with milk or butter. And, I won’t eat anything remotely banana flavour.

Nail Polish Canada is probably the best place.

Polish, please, unless there is something AMAZING you think I should own.

At the North Pole, obviously. Or you know, Canada/US, since that's where I'll happily ship to.

Are you ok with dongs?
I should hope so, but only inside the box, thanks!

STASH LIST!

vegemitesandwhich fucked around with this message at Nov 3, 2013 around 20:42

AquarianFire
Dec 24, 2006

Unleashing the Fire Within

USA only please.

Color Club
Zoya (but I have a TON)
Red Carpet Manicure
China Glaze
Orly

Julep, Julep and Julep. Did I mention Julep? I'm also not fond of jelly polishes. I'd rather have shimmers/metallics and/or nice, non-streaky cremes.

Nubar Jaded
Anything with glass flecks
Holographic polishes
Anything with rainbow glitter or rainbow flakies
Anything off beat - strange shaped bottles, crazy shaped glitters (no bar glitters please!!)
Any thermo polishes
Indigo Bananas - Chill Out and Do You Have a Flag?
SinisterBenediction - Gondolin Steel & One Ring
China Glaze - So Blue Without You

Silvers, blues, blacks, holographics, whites

Golds, browns (copper is ok), bright pinks. Bleh.

Like indies?

Yes!

Like glitter?

Yes!

Certainly!

A-Englad, Ozotic, Picture Polish, Models Own

Pencil eyeliners that don't budge are my 2nd obsession next to nail polish. Also, some peppermint cuticle balm.

Nope. I love gummies! Sour gummies are the best. Gummy dongs? Nom Nom Nom.

Ulta

I have most other things. Cool and interesting polish would be the best.

USA or Canada is ok with me.

Are you ok with dongs?

Dongs are cool - inside box only, please!!

AquarianFire fucked around with this message at Nov 8, 2013 around 12:46

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

"(...) it came off as intimidating instead of awkwardly sexy."

I'd generally prefer not to but if more people need to be matched up internationally I'll do it

-A-England
-Indigo Bananas (and all goon polish, really)
-KB Shimmer
-China Glaze

Nothing really comes to mind, honestly

In general, I freaking love Halloween and I get realllllly excited by Halloween themed polish, haha.
-Different Dimension Good Evening Clarice & It Rubs the Lotion On Its Skin Oops...
-Cirque Lullaby & Iris
-Indigo Bananas Immortal Game
-Chaos & Crocodiles Fireside Nights
-KB Shimmer Turbulence, Will Yule Marry Me, Snow Much Fun
-Super Black Sweet Tooth
-Crows Toes Christmas Crow & Shoot the Butterfly
-Contrary Polish Creeping Moss
-Dollish Polish Spectral Pup
-A black shred topcoat like Cirque Neko
Side note, I know indies are pricey so know that this list is meant as more of a guideline of what types/looks I'm into right now, not like.. a mandatory shopping list or anything. And I'm totally down with fewer more expensive polishes or mini bottles, I know that's been a source of stress in past threads! Basically don't worry about anything ever, I've never been disappointed about a SASS box and I'm positive this year will be no different.

Blue, Green, Black, Gold, Purple

I veeeeeery rarely wear pinks and reds. Like hardly ever.

Like indies?
Yes! I think I've bought like 1 non-indie polish in the last few months, hehe.

Like glitter?
Love.

By all means!

I'll admit those Sailor Moon polish bottles gave me fits, they are so cute. In general I guess I'm not sure, Korean/Japanese polish seems super fun in general but nothing I've specifically had my eye on.

I'd love to try the Indigo Bananas lemon cuticle balm. I don't wear very much makeup though.

No allergies! I'm moderately obsessed with Cadbury eggs (especially the Halloween ones, they're GREEN). I get along with most kind of candy, really.

Less fun than a package for sure but if my santa has to for whatever reason, sure.

I've got a ton of striping tape but I wouldn't be opposed to more stamping plates, I really want a mermaid scale one or maybe an Asian patterns one.

No real preference!

Are you ok with dongs?
The real question is would I be ok with NO dongs?

McPantserton fucked around with this message at Oct 31, 2013 around 19:39

hockeyfrog
Jun 11, 2008

Oh man, it is that time for the most wonderfullll timeeee of the yeaaarrrrr!

I'm not afraid of fudging customs forms. (Hello art supplies!) I'll go international.

OPI, China Glaze, Orly, Indigo Bananas, butter London.

It isn't that I don't LIKE them so much as I have a ton of them already - Sinful Colors. However I don't have anything newer than probably Spring 2013 of theirs.

Indigo Bananas - Hallucinate
Indigo Bananas - Endless Nights
Scofflaw - Koi Pondering
Scofflaw - Thunder Kitty!
butter London - Indigo Punk
butter London - Petrol Overcoat
butter London - Posh Bird
A-England - Briarwood
A-England - Fated Prince
Sister Benediction - PNG
(check out a full list of wishlistiness on my spreadsheet - look for the Wishlist tab at the bottom. I just went to Sephora's site and found a ton of Formula X that I fell in love with the swatches, all added to the wishlist.)

Burgundy/Maroons, Blues, Greens, Purples. Pretty much deep gemstone type colors.

Baby pastels, nudes (sans the colors I have on my wishlist) - typically these make my hands look all weird.

Like indies?
I do! Preferably the drama-free kind.

Like glitter?
Do camels like making jokes about Wednesdays? Hell yes, as long as it typically is not bar glitter. (Few exceptions to the rule - see wishlist)

Absolutely.

I don't have much experience with internationals. But I'm always open to new experiences!

Not really. I don't wear much makeup. Lotions/moisturizers are good though!

Jalapenos are the big food allergy. Otherwise, I love candy!

Although I'd prefer polish, I don't mind. I live in BFE, so preferably cards that can be used online are best - I do have a Sally Beauty here, but also would be down with Etsy, Sephora, Ulta, Beauty Brands, etc.

Always am in need of cuticle balm. Also have some stamping plates on my wishlist. Swatching spoons would be welcome as well!

Doesn't matter to me!

Are you ok with dongs?
After having seen a male revue this weekend and having the biggest guy decide to shake his bits in my face, I'm more of a fan of dongs in the box (PTSD - the P doesn't stand for Post anymore. :p)

With that, again, here is my stash/wish list - I'm updating plates that I'd like (drat it, Moyou.)... and am on a no-buy until after Christmas, or unless something so amazing I have to have it happens.

hockeyfrog fucked around with this message at Nov 6, 2013 around 21:22

Zeithos
Sep 12, 2011

The Freshmaker.

ZEITHOS' MAGICAL SPREADSHEET. Pinterest: Owned, Pinterest: Wanted.

I am!

China Glaze
OPI
A-England
KBShimmer

ORLY does not agree with me. I want to like Zoya but I haven't been thrilled with the formula so far.

KBShimmer Witch Way?, A-England Fated Prince, Sleeping Palace, Tess D'Ubervilles, Dorian Gray, Elaine. OPI DS Extravagance, DS Mystery. MAX FACTOR FANTASY FIRE (or a dupe). Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom Pow, but really any large-glitter gold!

Purple, dark blues, taupe, gunmetal, peacock duochromes, cool golds and platinums. Gothy colours! I love neutrals as long as they're cool-based. I'd love a true winter's brown.

Neons, pastels, spring/summer colours. I'm cautious about dusty or desaturated colours with my skin tone -- like I love ChG Fade Into Hue but it is not my colour! Also any kind of textured polish is not for me.

Like indies?
I'd like to! I don't own any.

Like glitter?
I'm dipping my toe into that well.

Honestly I'd prefer it! I'm not married to my 'wishlist' polishes, and would rather something in my palette from a random brand that you're not interested in.

A-England, or if you've a Korean market nearby, MODI.

Not particularly.

I will eat anything cassis-flavoured.

I'd rather be sent a box of 'ugh I'll never wear these, here Santee!' than a gift card.

Only polish, please.

If I ship internationally I'd like my santa to be international as well.

Are you ok with dongs?
No, thank you!

Zeithos fucked around with this message at Nov 7, 2013 around 02:43

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Oh boy!

Yes.

A England, Colors by Llarowe - nevermind, not worth the drama no matter how pretty her polishes are, Glitter Gal, Nails Inc, OPI

I've had bad luck with Zoya, much to my dismay.

I don't have a list, but I've been eyeing:
- Elevation Polish Muztagh Ata
- Picture Polish Lagoon
- Indigo Bananas 'X'
- MAC wonder woman
edit: some of the polishes I'm looking for are here: http://www.pinterest.com/lisa_lamb/nails-iso/

Blue, green, teal, purple

Pink, White, Yellow. Pale colors in general.

Like indies?
Yes

Like glitter?
In moderation, just no bar glitter

Completely ok

El Corazon

No thanks

No allergies as far as I know. I like all kinds of hard candies, swedish fish, skittles, pez.

Sure. I have Sephora, Walgreens, CVS, Ulta, and Sally Beauty all in close proximity to me.

Supplies would be fine - I don't currently have any striping tape or anything like that.

No real preference.

Are you ok with dongs?
I'd like to stay dong-free so as not to traumatize the little ones

I don't have a stash list, but some of the polishes I already own are here:
http://www.pinterest.com/lisa_lamb/nails-my-stash/

Here are the polishes I have that I'm trying to get rid of, so please don't get me these!

lamb fucked around with this message at Nov 6, 2013 around 01:36

Silent Linguist
Jun 10, 2009

No, I'd rather stick to within the US.

I don't really care what the brand is, so long as the polish is pretty! I don't want any Lynnderellas or other crazy people polishes though...

Oh god here is my enormous wishlist: http://www.pinterest.com/aliquidblo...these-polishes/

All cool colors basically. Also black, brown, grey.

Some warm colors (like light orange, beige) just don't look good on me. But in general I love having as many colors as possible (if you see a gap in my collection of cremes, feel free to fill it in!).

Like indies?
Um YES

Like glitter?
Yes, with some caveats: I prefer colored bases over clear glitter toppers. I also avoid weird shapes like hearts, shreds, bars etc. Love circle glitter!

Sure!

Picture Polish, Ozotic, Layla, A England

Lotion/hand creme would be fine, not really interested in anything else.

No nuts, licorice or spicy candies; I love fruit-flavored stuff and toffee!

Sure--Ninja Polish, Llarowe, Etsy

Always more stamping plates! I'd love to get some Messy Mansion or Bundle Monster! (e: that XL stamper would be great too!)

Anywhere!

Are you ok with dongs?
BRING ON THE DONGS

Silent Linguist fucked around with this message at Oct 25, 2013 around 16:02

mick ohio
Sep 24, 2007

So I says to Mabel, I says...

I would prefer not to ship outside of North America this year, but I'm seeing that a lot of folks are saying the same, so if need be I will.

OPI, ORLY, China Glaze, Super Black, Zoya (kind of hit or miss)

Not a big fan of Revlon.

Pretty & Polished- Dead Man's Touch
ManGlaze- Fuggen Ugly
ManGlaze- Matte is Murder
Super Black- Glitz
Indigo Bananas- Klein Trink Wasser
Essie- For the Twill of It
A good white
Liquid Sand/Pixie Dust/Textured type polish
Jellies

If you can't tell from my list, I love interesting blacks & grays. I'm open to other colors, though. I love saturated blues like KTW.

Neons, pastels, yellows, greens, oranges, pinks

Like indies?
Yup!

Like glitter?
I like flakies better, but glitter is ok. I actually like bar glitter.

Sho nuff!

I'm still kind of new to this, so I'm not sure what is where.

Hmm... not too sure.

ALLERGIC: Mango, Kiwi
Favorite candy: I like sour & gummy stuff!

No, my access to stores in Hawaii is kind of limited.

I have plenty moisturizers... would like some striping tape or stamping plates... always in the market for a nice nail file, brushes.

e: read this wrong the first time
real answer: no preference!

Are you ok with dongs?
Inside the package only, please!

mick ohio fucked around with this message at Nov 4, 2013 around 04:57

Pianist On Strike
May 10, 2009

I'd prefer not to but I think I could swing Mexico/Canada.

OPI, China Glaze, A England, Color Club, Orly

I'd rather not get Wet n Wild/Sinful Colors/Pure Ice type things just because they're so readily available, but if it's a cool color/good formula I wouldn't mind. Oh, and I really didn't like the recent line of Sally Hansen duochromes (the rest of the brand is fine though). EDIT: I feel like a bitch for excluding WnW/SC so I'll amend this to say that I just don't want any cremes from them, but cool shimmer/glitter things are fair game

I'll link my wishlist/stash spreadsheet, but like some other people said, it's in no way set in stone. Mainly they're just things I like that I find while browsing blogs/shops. Use it as a jumping-off point.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MWc&usp=sharing

I'll wear just about anything on my nails. Green, blue, red, purple, interesting shimmers (think Orly Rock the World, Zoya Charla, etc), duo/multichromes, pink! I'm looking for a nice, vibrant (not neon) pink - see my wishlist except...

Poopy greens, pastels, and peachy/light coral (think Essie Haute as Hello) don't look that good on me so I try to stay away, but if my Santa knows THE BEST PASTEL/BABY POOP GREEN IN THE WORLD EVER I SWEAR TO GOD I totally won't complain! Especially peach/coral, I really like the color in general so I'm determined to find a good nail polish.
Oh, but please no crackle/magnetic.

Like indies?
Yes! I own exactly ONE so I'm always interested in trying more.

Like glitter?
Yes please! Especially any unusually shaped glitter - squares, circles (not big on shreds/hearts/stars/etc), I'd maybe even be willing to try a cool bar glitter.

Abso-fuckin-lutely.

Barry M, Ozotic, Picture Polish (??? maybe?), Dance Legend, Nfu-Oh, weird Asian things. Bring on the death chemicals!

Sure, I love lip stains/glosses/tinted balms. And fancy hand lotion. I have no sensitivities EXCEPT one time four years ago, my friend and I picked up samples of some C.O. Bigelow lemon body cream and both broke out in awful hives on our legs for 3 weeks. Neither of us had had any allergic reactions until that point, and it might have just been a bad batch, but I've been avoiding anything from that store and most lemon things since. Burt's Bees lemon cuticle stuff is fine though... who knows.

No allergies, but I hate black licorice and I don't like "old people candy." Favorite candy is everything else - gummies, chocolate, Jelly Belly jelly beans, crazy foreign things - yum.

I'd prefer polish but if you have to, Ulta/Sephora/Etsy are good.

Cuticle balm/oil (in a chapstick-type package) and striping tape are cool, also rhinestones, and water decals? I don't really know how those work/how much they cost but if it's not too expensive I'd be interested. I was going to say "swatch sticks" but mine just came today!

Anywhere!

Are you ok with dongs?
I <3 dongs.

Pianist On Strike fucked around with this message at Nov 2, 2013 around 16:46

Bellakitty
Dec 28, 2008

I'm a grinch - US only please.

Zoya
China Glaze
OPI
Indigo Bananas!
Scofflaw

I'm going out on a limb - Lynnderella (sp?)

KB Shimmer - just about any of them
Indigo Bananas - Fiery the Angels Fell
Indigo Bananas - Moonlight
Scofflaw - Red Rum-All Work & No Play Makes Jack a Dull Boy
Holding off on the rest of the "top 10" - but if I don't come back and add any, I'm totally open for anything.

What are your favorite colors?
All of them! I'm open to trying all of the pretty sparkling colors!

I'm open to trying new things!

Like indies?
Yes!

Like glitter?
Sometimes - it doesn't always call to me. Not a fan of the huge chunky glitter (Because I have tiny nails even when they're long!)

Yep!

A England & Pretty Serious.

I'm trying to find a good perfume. Right now I'm wearing Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift. Also, I have a weakness for lip balm as long as it isn't kiwi or mango.

I'm diabetic so... candy is probably bad.

Sure! Ulta, Etsy. I live in Phoenix so have a ton of stores nearby.

Moisturizer is ok. I don't use nail art or striping tape. I finally ran out of my cuticle stuff that I got from Rufus that was so awesome.

N/A - US preferred

Are you ok with dongs?
Opting out of the dongs - my husband isn't a fan of the dong talk

I don't have a ton of polishes... here's most of them on a pinterest board: http://www.pinterest.com/crystal_cscemb/nail-polish/

I sent my email. Hope it went through ok.

Bellakitty fucked around with this message at Oct 28, 2013 around 17:24

Bean
Sep 9, 2001

Would you like my spreadsheet? Sure you would: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...amc&usp=sharing

Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes, BUT if there's literally any restriction to my goon/goonette's country, they are getting a gift card and they need to be cool with that.

What are your top 5 favourite polish brands? China Glaze, Orly, Essie, Zoya, and, uh, China Glaze? It's worth mentioning twice, I love China Glaze.

Any polish brands you dislike? Just as long as it's not super super chintsy. I'll even take Sinful Colors.

-Cult Nails Dissolution
-Sonnetarium Cucumber Salad (or mint to be, I'm not actually sure what the difference even is)
-Essie Toggle To The Top
-OPI Polka.com
-ManGlaze Mink Mitten
-Essie Jamaica Me Crazy
-Manglaze ILF
-China Glaze Snow Globe
-OPI Pirouette My Whistle
-OPI (or China Glaze) matte top coat

If you need more ideas, I have an amazon wish list: http://amzn.com/w/2KLM4FU38F00G

What are your favourite colours? Purple, green, berry. I need a good berry shimmer. Also red and black glitter, if that's a color? I am nuts over red and black glitter. One of my favorite polishes ever is that red and black Spoiled polish. I own a bunch, though, so if you get me one it might need to me semi unique

Any colors you strongly dislike and will never wear? Orange, yellow, some reds. It is hard to find a pink that doesn't look like rear end on me, the only one I know is that OPI ballet one. I have a lot of pink and brown in my skin (for a white lady anyway), it all clashes!

Like indies? Sure! Just no drama llama ones.

Like glitter? Glitter's cool. I like shimmer too.

Are you ok with receiving slightly used polish? ... enh? You have to 100% promise there's no finger cooties.

Are there any international polish brands you're really interested in? A England. I have Saint George and love it. I like the ever coveted Briar Rose, but I don't know if I like it enough to put it on my wish list. After that, I can't even name any, but I probably would be interested in them, yes.

Are you interested in other makeup or beauty products? I like eyeshadow (brown or purple), eyeliner (green/purple) and bright and bold lip colors. I like ones that touch purple without being purple. I would love a good bold dark wine red to wear, but my lips are chapped 100% of the time so it would have to be something that wouldn't make me miserable.

Do you have any food allergies/favorite candies? I love anything that isn't peanut butter and chocolate in one.

Would you be open to receiving a gift card, and if so to where? Sure! Anywhere we have in town is fine. Ulta, Amazon or Sephora if you want me to buy polish, JoAnns if you need to feed my cloth addiction.

Do you only want polish, or do you have other favorite supplies you would like (moisturizer, striping tape, etc)? I've never had any sort of stamping stuff, if you want to send me stamping stuff. I suspect I'd like abstract designs and leaves and junk? I'm a musician, I'd probably like little music notes too. I'd also be game to try striping tape.

Where would your ideal santa live? (Do you have a country preference if you are participating internationally?) Mars. (I don't really care.)

Are you ok with dongs? As long as you're not sending me a homegrown photo? Dong away. Ship the package in a dong, I'm good.

Bean fucked around with this message at Nov 9, 2013 around 15:44

GabrielAisling
Dec 21, 2011

The finest of all dances.

I'd rather ship in the US because I am a very poor, jobless student.

Orly, OPI, Zoya, Rimmel London, China Glaze

Icing, Finger Paints

My wishlist can be found here
And here
Of those, the ones I want most are Jinx and Be-witching Old Broads. And everything that might possibly be a dupe of For the Twill of It, including the aforementioned polish. I want all of them because it's a pretty color and I want to do swatch comparisons.

Salmon. There's a salmon polish that I've gotten at nail salons a few times that I always forget to write down the brand/color name. This was back before nail polish was a hobby, so all of my oldest polishes are attempts at finding this color. I have not yet done so. I wear pinks and blues most often. I like greens, but don't wear them. I love grey.

Unless it's a really nice, primary creme, I won't ever wear yellow. And really I only want the primary creme for gradients. My yellow selection is currently SC Unicorn, and I have no problems with that.

Like indies?
Sure! I'm not even particularly bothered by Dramarella, though I do not like Lime Crime even a little bit.

Like glitter?
My favorite color is glitter.
But not bar glitter. It always ends up looking like Muppet-in-a-blender barf.

Sure! If it hasn't found a loving home with my SS, it might find one with me. And if it's not something I love, it can always continue down the line of swaps and sales until it finds a forever home.

I'm not far enough down the rabbit hole for this. Yet.

Absolutely. If anyone has extra snail goo they want to throw at me, I'm all over it. In case of unloved BB cream, I am super pale. Eyeshadows are good, I really like the mineral powder in a jar kind.

I'm not allergic to any foods, but I am allergic to nickel. My skin corrodes through cheap metal alloys. I am literally a toxic bitch. In all seriousness, my favorite candy are Sherbet Lemons. Unfortunately, I live on the wrong side of the ocean to buy them.

I'm gonna say no, just because I'd rather open a box of awesome, wonderful happiness than have to worry about making it up to my parents' place where all the good shopping is just to be able to find a store besides our terrible Sally's. That said, if you're stuck and/or totally strapped for shipping, I won't be angry about an Ulta/Sephora/Sally's/Target gift card.

I've got striping tape on the way, but one of those stampers everyone keeps talking up and a stamping plate or two would be pretty cool. Or cuticle cream. I love cuticle cream and will need some soon. I don't have a dotting tool yet, or a good cleanup brush.

The Mushroom Kingdom? I'm doing US-only, so my selfish desires for Sherbet Lemons cannot color my answer here.

Are you ok with dongs?
Yep. I'm the youngest person in my apartment, and the boyfriend can deal with giant, sparkly dongs if they should find their way into my SS gift.

GabrielAisling fucked around with this message at Nov 6, 2013 around 16:41

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

Gotta play the budget card this time, so no.

Zoya, OPI, China Glaze, whatever's on my stash list.

If the formula's terrible I won't like it.

There's more than ten on it, but here's a wishlist. Don't feel like you have to stick to it though.

BLUE! Orange, violet, teal.

Dainty pinks, nude creams, those weird muddy green colors.

Like indies?

I support drama-free indies.

Like glitter?

Not the rainbow barf style, but sure.

No problem.

A England, any Aussies, Nfu Oh.

Not really.

I don't care much for licorice, gummies or similar things. Chocolates, pumpkin, or coffee flavored treats are safe bets.

I'd rather have items that Santa has picked.

Do you only want polish, or do you have other favorite supplies you would like?

Even with my XL stamper I still haven't gotten the hang of stamping but more plates are cool. Striping tape and other templates would be welcome too.

Where would your ideal santa live?

No preference.

Are you ok with dongs?

Dongs are go.

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

Yay my first nail polish SS!

I would prefer to ship in North American but I am willing to ship internationally if there aren't enough people who are willing to.

Uhhhh basically Zoya. Also SuperBlack and Indigo Bananas
e: Don't send me Zoyas I have all the Zoyas. Same for SB and IB I will happily buy those for myself.

Julep

I really want to try any goon-made polishes, and other indies.

PURPLE! Blue, teal, green.

Pink and orange (unless it's an interesting pink, but typical girly pinks= nope)

Like indies?
Yuss!

Like glitter?
Yeah! But like many others, not clear glitter topcoats.

Totally!

Eh. I mean, they're definitely welcome but I'm not particularly interested in any.

Not really, although I would be interested in a blush that looks good on pale skin. I've had no luck finding anything that looks natural so I just don't wear much makeup.

I love all candy and have no food allergies. I'm not crazy about cinnamon.

No thank you!

I'm interested in striping tape and stamping kits; I've never tried 'em!

Ideally in the US, but again I'm willing to ship to international goons if need be

Are you ok with dongs?
I love dongs send me all the dongs.

watchoutitsabear fucked around with this message at Nov 15, 2013 around 22:21

Malinn
Aug 30, 2008

All of time and space...

As much as I hate to say no, I'd hate my santee's package getting confiscated more, so no

Zoya, China Glaze, Butter London, OPI, A England

Nope, I'm easy.

Sparitual Illuminate collection!!
Any gel soak-off polish
A England Burne-Jones Dream, any
Any Picture Polish
Any goon indies, I haven't gotten to pick up any IB, SinBen, Scofflaw, PS, HM, etc this year so ANY of those are top of my want list
Zoya, any of the Fall/Winter 2013's
Any Smitten Polish
Any of the more interesting Sephora X polishes
I'll update this as I think of things...

Blues, jewel tones

Frosts, ew. Neon green, oranges, mauves.

Like indies?
YES!

Like glitter?
YES! Except for bar glitter.

YES!

Dance Legend!

Anything, throw whatever you don't want my way

Dark chocolate's really the only thing I can have, so I don't expect snacks.

Sure, Sephora, Ulta, Llarowe, Etsy

Nail art pens would be cool!

not picky

Are you ok with dongs?
Load me up. (ha ha ha)

My stash spreadsheet is here although it needs an update. I also have (unfinished) Pinterest stash and wishlist boards.

Malinn fucked around with this message at Nov 13, 2013 around 04:16

Lackadaisical
Nov 8, 2005

Adj: To Not Give A Shit

Link to my spreadsheet that is still in progress (although mostly up to date): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...cGc&usp=sharing

I'm sorry British goons but no... I have a hard enough time figuring out how to mail stuff domestically.

Orly
Zoya
A England
Essie
OPI

I haven't had good luck with Julep polishes. Or Sally Hansen.

1) A England - She Walks In Beauty
2) Contrary Polish - Greenhouse
3) Essie - Set in Stones
4) Pretty much any indie brand ever (Still haven't tried Indigo Bananas but I want to!)
This will be edited once I have a chance to browse a little more :P
Edit - OPI Nail Envy. My nails are pathetically short because they're so prone to peeling and breaking

I wear deep blues the most often. Also, teals and turquoises and all variations on blues. I love most fall colors. And I have a lot of pinks.

Orange, yellow

Like indies?
LOVE indies!

Like glitter?
The glitterier, the better!
edit: I like general glitter polish - not so much a fan of polish with shaped glitter in it

Are you ok with receiving slightly used polish
Of course

A England and Nfu-Oh

I tend to be pretty set in that regard but I always love getting new makeup/beauty products

Love candy. Not allergic to anything. BRING IT ON.

I'd prefer an actual polish package but I get that things happen so I guess Ulta or Llarowe?

I'm super into stamping right now so I always welcome supplies for that. Also, I'm moisterizer challenged.

I don't really care!

Are you ok with dongs?
Dongs are a-okay in my book

Lackadaisical fucked around with this message at Nov 8, 2013 around 04:01

Mongoloid Joe
Jul 2, 2009

Canada is about as much 'international' as I'm willing to go this year.

I'm no polish snob. I like almost everything!

"Indies", Lime Crime, Illamasqua.

1) Holographic
2) Dupes of more expensive brands

Multi-chrome, everything else.

Crackles, magnetics, scented top coats. But otherwise, I'll wear anything.

Like indies?

No.

Like glitter?

Of course! No tacos though, please.

Sure.

Any and all that aren't found in the US.

Yes.

No "allergies" and I love candy.

Sure. Any place where nail polish/makeup/etc. is sold.

I'm not into nail art, just polish, clean-up brushes, etc. will be fine

Somewhere with unique nail polish.

Are you ok with dongs?

No.

My stash:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ZVE&usp=sharing

e; Too much freedom? I also find that mall stores like H&M, Charlotte Russe, Urban Outfitters, etc. have awesome house brand nail polish with unique colors. If you're having troubling picking out stuff, try popping inside the various clothing shops to check out the selections! Some even have 2for6-2for8-2for10 deals as well.

Mongoloid Joe fucked around with this message at Nov 13, 2013 around 00:13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CosmicCornflake
Nov 3, 2011

Unfortunately, I can't afford international shipping.

China Glaze, Zoya, Sinful Colors, Orly, Goon Indies

Not too fond of Julep.

My stash list has a full wishlist, but here some of my NEED TO HAVE polishes:

- **Chaos & Crocodiles Narwhals Are Unicorns Too**, Fireside Nights
- Cirque Magic Hour
- Barielle Elle's Spell
- Sonnetarium Blueberry Yogurt
- KB Shimmer You Autumn Know, You Go Ghoul!, Excuse Me I Blurpled
- Zoya Savita
- ILNP Strawberry Creme
- SB Horse Feathers
- IB Executive Transvestire
- Polish TBH Sorcerer's Stone

I love all colors but am partial to purples and blues.

Nope!

Like indies?
All except the drama llamas.

Like glitter?
The more glitter the better!

Absolutely!

Picture Polish, A England, Barry M

I'm pretty set on makeup and snail goo.

I hate anise/licorice, but love everything else.

I would prefer polish, but will accept gift cards to Amazon, Etsy, Sephora, Sally's, or Ulta.

A stamping plate or two would not go unappreciated. ETA: I also need some quick dry drops that actually work!

Are you ok with dongs?
BRING ON THE DONGS!

Stash list:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3...dit?usp=sharing

CosmicCornflake fucked around with this message at Nov 7, 2013 around 05:26

«26 »