Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like it's coming from the trunk. I'll let you know when I get the hatch to open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Timing belt, water pump, tie rod, and calipers ordered and an route. Surprised at initial parts availability.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

General_Failure posted:

Why are there table tennis balls in the brake fluid?

Probably floating level indicators for the low fluid warning light.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I wish I could have taken your Vic off your hands, that thing was great.

Good luck on this horrifying monstrosity, though! I really hope it doesn't bring about your grisly doom.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

13 INCH DICK posted:

Timing belt, water pump, tie rod, and calipers ordered and an route. Surprised at initial parts availability.

So is parts price the sort of thing where you'll be having a fire sale of duplicate organs, or fairly reasonable?

Brigdh posted:

Probably floating level indicators for the low fluid warning light.

Makes sense. The Niva uses a weird variant of the same idea with a float on a shaft. I'm not really fond of how the shaft protrudes from the lid. That Honda design would avoid that. Assuming it's not just because the PO was a hateful person.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

General_Failure posted:

Makes sense. The Niva uses a weird variant of the same idea with a float on a shaft. I'm not really fond of how the shaft protrudes from the lid. That Honda design would avoid that. Assuming it's not just because the PO was a hateful person.

That same kind of float is pretty common on a lot of 80s Japanese cars but it's usually used for the gas gauge. I would imagine it's a pretty common part in that era.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Timing belt and water pump come out to $116 shop supplies, coolant, parts, and labor so not too bad. Tie rod is apparently the most expensive part for some reason, maybe it's hard to find/unique.

Huggable Bear King
Jan 12, 2006
H.B.K.
Didn't those early honda's have motorcycle engines? hayabusa swap? It probably wouldn't be that fast but it would sound cool as poo poo.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
- Can you drive a stick?

Yeah.

- Put it into second, let it roll,
and when I say "pop it," pop it.

"Pop it?"

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

13 INCH DICK posted:

VTEC swap requires fabricating motor mounts and exhaust but it would be hilarious with my 12 Inch rims and 6 inch drums .

Hayabussa swap perhaps?

EDIT! drat beaten.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 22, 2013

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:getin:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Holy poo poo U.S. cars are huge!

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.
Hayabusa swap? Why would you put a Suzuki engine in a Honda?

Keep it original, and by that I mean CBR1100XX swap. :cool:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

My brother had one when I was in my mid teens. I remember once driving to Edmonton and asked him to pull over to take a piss. He said no, just lift up the floor mat and piss through the gaping hole in the floorboards. :gonk:

Which I did.

He totalled it later that summer when rubbernecking at some girls and he hit the curb. The frame rail buckled.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I was really expecting a Biturbo after seeing the thread title.

anime sarah palin
Oct 12, 2013

by Pipski

Nodoze posted:

Can you VTEC swap this?

It's possible but difficult.

Apparently the most common and easiest swap for these things is to drop in a motor from an early Accord, which gives a significant power boost and goes in without too much hassle.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rectal Placenta posted:

I was really expecting a Biturbo after seeing the thread title.

In all seriousness I would have bought it if they got back to me.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Downsizing again? :v:

Thread bookmarked. Neat car, good luck with it.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Time to find a comfy chair, load up on the drinks and snacks, we've got another 13" insanity thread :munch:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The catteman has never seen this clown car before and yet somehow came running down the street meowing when I pulled up tonight. How the hell did he do that?

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

13 INCH DICK posted:

The catteman has never seen this clown car before and yet somehow came running down the street meowing when I pulled up tonight. How the hell did he do that?

He could smell the matured meat causing the dribbling underneath.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I have some good ideas:
B16
Mugen nr-10rs OR cf-48s
APs

Phwoar.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

This should be an e/n thread. You need help dude.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

This should be an e/n thread. You need help dude.

You can't get through to everyone man, I'm probably the only one who's ever listened in the history of Goons down the well.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
If he had bought a Maserati Biturbo he would have met his match and we'd stop seeing these threads.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

He's gonna meet his match if he gets into an accident, that thing is the loving definition of a death trap :ohdear:

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
The only reason the one brake works is thanks to the diligence of thousands upon thousands of Nano-spiders applying all eight legs down onto the warped surface of the formerly-metal rotor.

Just wait until they find out about his tats.. they may even start drawing fluid from the various rust-and-coolant puddles, and finish off his sleeve in delightfully toxic colors as he slips into a coma. Meanwhile the larger bretherin begin to spin webs between his digits. Of course, this brew will cause further mutations.

The next time we see him, we very well may be facing the one - the ONLY, 13" DICK WITH EGGSAC.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I've had 3 seperate people flag me down to talk about the Civic today just poodling around doing errands. It's a hit :3:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
What's the story with the bull bar?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It's stock and if I were to guess it was to protect the turn signals there. Or they just felt like it, I don't know.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 401 days!

metaxus posted:

Hayabusa swap? Why would you put a Suzuki engine in a Honda?

Keep it original, and by that I mean CBR1100XX swap. :cool:

I'm voting for the RC-51 v-twin

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Well I think we can all collectively agree that a powerful bike engine should be put into this ...car you bought.

Real talk, is there a K swap available for this?

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 23, 2013

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Aren't you like 6'6?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
6'2", 6'3" in my boots :haw:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

13 INCH DICK posted:

It's stock and if I were to guess it was to protect the turn signals there. Or they just felt like it, I don't know.

GIS seems to disagree, as do photos on Wikipedia. So does my memory of a few cars owned by friends over the years.

I can't say I've ever seen that bar before, though it could have been a dealer option. Definitely not factory as far as I can find, but it's ugly enough that I assume it was installed by a dealer.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Oct 23, 2013

Polymerized Cum
May 5, 2012

the bsd boys posted:

I'm voting for the RC-51 v-twin

That would be amazing.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

some texas redneck posted:

GIS seems to disagree, as do photos on Wikipedia. So does my memory of a few cars owned by friends over the years.

I can't say I've ever seen that bar before, though it could have been a dealer option. Definitely not factory as far as I can find, but it's ugly enough that I assume it was installed by a dealer.

Huh, most of the pictures I'd seen of early Civics had the bullbar and of course now they're all coming up with plain bumpers. I have no idea, but I've seen them before.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

still got ribs still good right?

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Ribbed for your pleasure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI