Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

InitialDave posted:

That would be Mr Timothy Westwood.

http://www.timwestwood.com/

According to his wikipedia page, Westwood was the inspiration for Ali G.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Do they even change anything with the actual operating part of the car, or is it just a bunch of stupid modifications to make it "ghetto fabulous" as they put it?

Because I'd rather have a ratty interior and a kick-rear end engine than that entire clusterfuck.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Do they even change anything with the actual operating part of the car, or is it just a bunch of stupid modifications to make it "ghetto fabulous" as they put it?

Because I'd rather have a ratty interior and a kick-rear end engine than that entire clusterfuck.

Supposedly they do engine work, but it doesn't make for good TV. I remember a few of the later PMR episodes where they would mention some work under the hood, but most episodes glossed over it entirely.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I refuse to believe Westwood isn't satire.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Aflicted posted:

:psyduck:

So if I want to check out a bunch of lushes scoring drinks off of dudes with no dignity, I want to follow this man to the ends of the earth. Also, the website shouts his name? What a gently caress stick.

Westwood is a national treasure, he's the son of an anglican bishop and the whitest most middle class dude in the world and as such, possibly the last person who should be into hip hop. He created that persona and just ran with it, dude's entire career is based on being an utter joke and people really don't know how to take him. He's brilliant. He's also 57.

But yeah, pimp my ride UK was a loving travesty. Nobody over here had a cool car to begin with so it basically became 'sticking tacky crap on tacky cars uk'

burns_2k
Oct 17, 2012

88h88 posted:

But yeah, pimp my ride UK was a loving travesty. Nobody over here had a cool car to begin with so it basically became 'sticking tacky crap on tacky cars uk'
I applied to go on with an Opel Manta but failed the phone interview :cry:. Would have been the coolest car on UKPMR.

Aflicted
Jun 9, 2007

88h88 posted:

Westwood is a national treasure, he's the son of an anglican bishop and the whitest most middle class dude in the world and as such, possibly the last person who should be into hip hop. He created that persona and just ran with it, dude's entire career is based on being an utter joke and people really don't know how to take him. He's brilliant. He's also 57.

OK, this makes a lot more sense. I did click on some video links on his site, specifically him interviewing Lil Wayne, and it was so uncomfortable I couldn't take it. I think a lot of that had to do with Lil Wayne's eyes constantly rolling back in his head like he was blacking out. That show and his website are still terrible though. Next time I'm in the UK I'll pay more attention to this phenomenon.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Holy loving poo poo today. I started off with simple goals. Get smokes and get to work to pick up tools to work on the Gremlin.

At the Walgreens on the corner I get stuck behind some dude literally haggling over some ten dollar toy he's buying. Nice suit but just will not loving pay sticker. Who haggles at a walgreens. Eventually he just accepts and goes to pay and pulls out a loving STACK of twenties and she asks if he wants a bag. Cue him hemming andnhawing over the five cent bag fee. Im sitting in line in full blown nic fit ready to kill.

Get my smokes. Get in the car. Blast up the hill heading towards work. Then. It happens. Pedal goes to the floor and my forward motion rapidly gives way to physics and I coast backwards nearly nailing a police cruiser coming up quick. I elect to putit into the curb backwards instead. Cruiser reorients behind me, lights come on. Asks if it died and I say no I think my throttle cable snapped. They offer to push me to the top of the hill. I'm within visual sight of ky apartment one block behind me downhill. They wont let me turn around, so I get pushed to the top.

Walk back to the house. Call oreillys. They look it up and no poo poo told me to call honda :smithicide:

Call dad. He's on the hunt for a cable. Walk outside to try to catch the bus to work to get tools for the gremlin.

Lock myself out.

Missed the bus by 30 yards.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Wait, is it broken?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 252 days!)

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Get my smokes. Get in the car. Blast up the hill heading towards work. Then. It happens. Pedal goes to the floor and my forward motion rapidly gives way to physics and I coast backwards nearly nailing a police cruiser coming up quick. I elect to putit into the curb backwards instead. Cruiser reorients behind me, lights come on. Asks if it died and I say no I think my throttle cable snapped. They offer to push me to the top of the hill. I'm within visual sight of ky apartment one block behind me downhill. They wont let me turn around, so I get pushed to the top.

Walk back to the house. Call oreillys. They look it up and no poo poo told me to call honda :smithicide:

Call dad. He's on the hunt for a cable. Walk outside to try to catch the bus to work to get tools for the gremlin.

Have dad stop by the local fixie shoppe.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Astonishing Wang posted:

Wait, is it broken?

Cable has slack in it because the last half foot or so sheared off and is now MIA

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

This is the 1.2l, right? Poking around on Rock Auto directed me to a Pioneer CA8540. You could order them through Autozone but that doesn't help today. If I were daring, I'd put something together with a lawnmower throttle cable just to limp it home.

Sorry dude.

e:

Viggen posted:

Have dad stop by the local fixie shoppe.

This isn't far off from my idea, and would probably be cheaper.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I scored a free. 3 foot tall tin sign at work picking my tools up, noticed they were throwing it away.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I see a new civic widebody kit in the making.

or floorboards.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Sorry man, that sucks poo poo. :(

The car, not the sign, sign's cool

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

"Let us show you their credentials"
:quagmire:

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I scored a free. 3 foot tall tin sign at work picking my tools up, noticed they were throwing it away.

Now you need to make it say "rear end CERTIFIED".

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
2014 strikes again!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
In a stroke of genius I got my car home.

I have a manual choke cable hooked to the throttle butterfly.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I had to drive my old FB RX-7 home 15 miles using the choke cable as a lovely hand throttle once. Fun stuff.

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I used the hood release in the truck for a while. It was interesting.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

It's beautiful.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006
Motherfuckin Christmas Miracle right there.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Dude, I live right around the corner from you. Ping me next time (yes, there will be a next time) and we can tow the thing with a strap and my truck.

(comedy option: a strap and the M Coupe)

ninja: that is a brilliant hand control.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Impulse buy at Oriellys.

torpedan
Jul 17, 2003
Lets make Uncle Ben proud
The choke setup is more awesome than I imagined it to be. I imagine driving with it feels a bit awkward.

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
Lets be honest with the amount of power that engine makes he could have wedged the throttle wide open and just dropped the clutch everywhere and nobody would have heard or noticed him

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Torn Quad Jones posted:

Lets be honest with the amount of power that engine makes he could have wedged the throttle wide open and just dropped the clutch everywhere and nobody would have heard or noticed him

Hey pal 53 at the crank aint nothing to sneeze at t:mad:

SAE Gross

when new

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 27, 2014

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have 7 more horsepower than you? :psyduck:

SAE gross

When new

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I want very badly to see you rebuild that engine with forged internals, 12:1 compression, and a race profile cam (making power below 6000 RPM is for chumps)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Theres an article about using goldwing 1000cc dome top pistons and how to build an EB1/2 for power, highest I recall seeing was somewhere around 110hp and using a 1300 CVCC crank to make it some bastard 1.4 sohc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
110hp in that thing would be amazing.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Rhyno posted:

110hp in that thing would be amazing.

All three seconds of it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Geirskogul posted:

I have 7 more horsepower than you? :psyduck:

SAE gross

When new

To be fair your car needs it more considering how much more it weighs :hellyeah:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not going to lie. i drove to work only using the actual choke. I hooked up the deathcable at work today.

Managed to overrev through a turn burn out throw my alternator belt and almost torque steer int oncoming less than 3 blocks from work. poo poo's scary enough I'm taking the bus.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Should have hit the fixie shop

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I'm not going to lie. i drove to work only using the actual choke. I hooked up the deathcable at work today.

Managed to overrev through a turn burn out throw my alternator belt and almost torque steer int oncoming less than 3 blocks from work. poo poo's scary enough I'm taking the bus.

see this is the sort of thing you need for do for a hot rod garage application

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I just want to stress that someone that daily drove this:

Thought that the deathcable was simply too unsafe to drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ_k_BOoXUA

Take notes man.

• Locked thread