Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

mafoose posted:

VTEC single cam swap time?
(+turbo)

I feel like you should loose an inch every time you buy a new "project."

So, back up to 14, then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You didn't rage-quit during the video, did you? I don't want to watch another German keyboard kid.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Has nobody mentioned a biturbo yet?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Depends on style of accelerator pump. Some you depress and it opens a valve, others, you depress and it squirts once, and others are pressed closed and open up when the pressure is removed. Hell, some require a quick press to squirt, and won't do poo poo when pressed slowly.

I love how some parts of carbs (and early TBI) use mechanical spring-and-linkage magic to do things they shouldn't be able :allears:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Mods change back to 14 inches plz

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Pssh http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4416728975.html

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That is the exact same speedometer that my cb650 uses, I swear.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Holy poo poo that does not inspire confidence. What happens when valve guides wear? What if the bucket wears down in a spot and doesn't spin, resulting in less and less lift as it gets pinched down like the edge of a cardboard box?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

not actually a failure

Actual lamborghini tractors are pretty rare, and awesome. Jay Leno's Garage has a video about one, and it's cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wjL7lDtxW8

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's the stripes.

And never ever teach your SO how to drive a manual if you can help it. Get someone else to do it.

What I did was place the idea in her head, Inception-style, that motorcycles were cool despite their manual transmissions. A year or two later, I surprise-purchased her an older (but 80% reliable) motorcycle (CB650), and she's been slowly-but-surely riding to work more and more days. I believe that once she gets the hang of a manual with a motorcycle, tending to the proper gear without thinking etc, the transition to a car will be easier. It really helped for me: when I tried learning stick on a car when I was younger, I had a hard time visualizing what and why everything was going on. After working on a motorcycle and really learning on that, moving to a car was a lateral step, not a vertical one. The clutch is more of a switch than a gradient like it is on a bike, but [what I believe] the hardest part is already learned and has become more unconscious thought (gear management).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Why does it seem like the driver's side suspension is blown on all three of the small cars?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Even when I smoked I didn't do it in the car, because ash is gross and the smell two days later after a rain was gross. Same with the one friend I had that smoked. I mean, to each his own, but sometimes if the majority of the population doesn't smoke (and half of those that do will pretend they don't in certain public situations) features like ashtrays go by the wayside. Just means you have to get a bit creative, really.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait, there's no reason it can be smaller than-

86.6 vs 95.3

Holy poo poo the Civic is small.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
But if 9v is enough to energize the alternator windings, then a long enough hill will turn quickly to 12v once it's spinning and self sufficient.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:italy:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No, you see. Now the tappet can be free to spin around in its mount, eliminating the need to create a bespoke, keyed part, and allegedly "distributing wear."

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
...nothing? The entire photo is distorted.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I'm confused?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
So, honda does share parts occasionally. Just that it was between their cars and their motorcycles.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Do you have a dash cam yet?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I bought a title/av for a guy in GBS that was some furry poo poo, and he had it for months because he was an old guy on dialup with avatars turned off. Douche deserved it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

InitialDave posted:

If you can find another three owners, you can have your own super sentai show, where you all combine together to make a normal-sized car.

Pro loving post, brightened a lovely day for me.

"BY OUR POWERS COMBINED, WE FORM UP AND CREATE....A modern Honda Accord!"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

VW Beetle
Dimensions
Wheelbase 2,400 mm (94.5 in)
Length 4,079 mm (160.6 in)
Width 1,539 mm (60.6 in)
Curb weight 800–840 kg (1,760–1,850 lb)

1st Gen Civic
Dimensions
Wheelbase 2,200 mm (86.6 in)
Length
3,551 mm (139.8 in) (1973)
3,731 mm (146.9 in) (1974–1979)
4,064 mm (160 in) (wagon)
Width 1,505 mm (59.25 in) (saloon)
Height 1,327 mm (52.25 in) (saloon)
Curb weight 680 kg (1,500 lb)

Holy poo poo :eyepop:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

A fist to the gut brought me back out of the dark. As vision slowly, lazily came back into focus I recognised the room they held me in. Bare concrete. Metal chair. Cuffs. These guys read like a bad television script. Oh wait.

"This wasn't in my contract" I manage to chuckle before the water heater on legs crosses one right across my jaw. The taste of copper blooms right away, and the teflon slick way the goon worked told me he could do this for hours.

"Sorry, Dick. I understand how terribly inconvenient this whole song and dance is for the schedule but last week's episode pissed off the wrong people. Amends must be made. You know how it is." The network exec steps forward into the harsh oily puddle of light I'm sitting under. Finally notice the table in front of me off to the side. Neck still stiff. Never saw the cowards coming. I recognise what's on it.

Her keys.. That elegent little gold trident glittering, taunting me. Promises of every dark desire laying unfulfilled just out of reach. And next to them, some seed pods. Those god damned pods.

Someone sticks a cigarette in my mouth and lights it for me. Looks like it's time. I feel the cuffs unlocked and I stiffly get to my feet to stagger to the table. I look at him, that slimey little man with his cheap hair cut and knock off I'm so important pinstripes.

"Right then. Let's loving get this over with" I say, flicking the smoke at him. I grab the keys and throw the pods in my mouth.

They finally notice my erection. About time.

:drat:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

meatpimp posted:

... w-wh-what happens next?

"-took his head clean off."

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Terrible Robot posted:

Those god drat wookiees, man.

:respek:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I have 7 more horsepower than you? :psyduck:

SAE gross

When new

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

quote:

The Solex carb with the pneumatic throttle control, the black plastic cover hides the bi metal springs which heat up with air from the exhaust manifold.

The two copper pipes enter a closed brass tube loop which enters and then exits the cast iorn exhaust manifold, as the air in the tubes is sucked to a chamber in the Solex carb, then passes the bi metal choke springs, the hot air then adjusts the choke to the correct setting!

It's not just the throttle, guys. It's like the biturbo but 30 years earlier.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
How about the Mercedes 600's hydraulic everything?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Yes, the same system where, if you break the valve going through the door hinge, you're out ten grand for the valve alone. Even Jay Leno scoffed at the expense in his recent "Mercedes 600 Kompressor" video.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That looks like just an accessory belt, not a timing belt.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I upgraded from a 35A generator to a 50A alternator. Difference is night and day night illuminated by headlights.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Did you go bi?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Endless torment?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I really hate to quote it, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2AcCGyAslE&t=50s

Completely true, except that $1300 also applies if you're a single guy trying to buy insurance for yourself without an employer backing, and with no prior medical history. It's insane.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

I HAVE A SERIOUSLY hosed UP HAUNTED ROOM IN THE OLD BALLARD HOUSE THAT HAS A FALSE WALL ANDCRASHES MY PHONE WHEN I TRY TO VIDEO TAPE IT

Get a flashlight you nancy.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity> Agapito Flores Presents: The Ballast of 13 INCH

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

leica posted:

Open it up and post the results. Who knows, you could find a relic that's worth thousands, or you know, human skulls and poo poo.

Same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

kastein posted:

loving BUY IT OH MY GOD :f5:

kastein posted:

kastein posted:

kastein posted: