Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

When I was working retail a few years back I would have to change the radio station every time Journey came on because all the sad Gen Xers would start singing along (Thanks Glee!). I also had a 'No modern Taylor Swift' policy, because good singers shouldn't use autotune :colbert:

Only classic Taylor Swift?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Racism is like pronunciation: never say someone is wrong about it because somewhere it probably actually is.

Usually New Zealand.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Occupation posted:

Hey deadpool I know you want to close all of that dudes old threads and the FRINGE thread is still around, yeah.

Well you see, in Universe B he never...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

precision posted:

The question is, will they be Witches or Sexy Witches? I've only seen a couple episodes of Charmed, but for a show with Rose McGowan vamping it up it didn't seem like a Sexy Witches Show, more like Sex In The City (With Witches).

Hey, how come True Blood has never had Rose McGowan on it?! That's truly baffling.

They made Alyssa Milano do all those scenes in the earlier episodes, then as it went on the actresses got more and more creative control and started nixing that stuff.

Then they got Kaley Cuoco and made her do that stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ChickenMedium posted:

The best part of that was him acting all offended like "Oooh, of course White Man, of course the Indian has all manner of sacred magic that can help you" and then, of course, he does.

The car lot set is really well dressed too. It has stuff from several different tribes and really sells the sell-out angle.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Andre left a bad taste in your mouth, huh?

(This is the part where you say yes, and describe the taste in a way that sounds like you're talking about gay sex and no normal person would describe any taste.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

hope and vaseline posted:

you might see some flubs that weren't meant to be on screen.

I think Eliza Dushku was there in 4:3 too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well at least they can easily fit in a Very Special Episode about drug abuse.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You forgot The Greek Butcher though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MTV Teen Choice Award for Best Gross Out Moment, sponsored by Snickers. Rick, you're acting like a Dictator. Eat a Snickers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

TWD's best years are well behind it

...Is that you, Joe?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have a category for favorite group of fans.

Pack it up people. Awards are done.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Luke Cage doesn't even get a "Did you mean..."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

thrakkorzog posted:

Now I'm expecting them to adapt the Marvel Zombies stories into a TV show next.

For the non-comic readers out there, it's basically a What-If series where a bunch of Marvel Heroes get zombified, but keep their powers. That's right, superpowered zombies.

Luckily Marvel has completely killed that universe and doesn't allow anyone to use stuff from it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Maybe he gets better stuff than you do.

I mean he is making occasional guest appearance on low rated cable TV shows money.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Notch got exceptionally lucky in taking someone else's idea and making it just about work. Beyond the bare bones almost everything that makes Minecraft worth playing has been made by the community, and Notch himself has proven unable to do anything even remotely as interesting or successful as a follow-up. Why anyone would think that he would be a good chat show guest is beyond me. He seems conversationally dull and gives the distinct impression of being on the spectrum.

Because Ferguson doesn't care about that nerd poo poo, he wanted a popular game creator on his show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Then he should have picked one of the ones with charisma.

Did any of them make Minecraft?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

raditts posted:

I think the most work she or Awesome have gotten since Chuck was a voice acting role on one of those terrible Lego TV movies.

She was in a whole season of Dexter then came back for about half of the next one, and co-stars in I, Frankenstein.

It's only been 2 years since Chuck ended.

But yeah Captain Awesome hasn't done much.

(Also that Lego movie came out during Chuck's run.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Psych has all the edge of a dildo. Which is apt because it's just a lot of old cock flopping around.

No, no, no. You can't setup your own follow-up like that. That's just sad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, there's the scene where they decided Littlefinger's story couldn't carry itself so he should be telling it while teaching his new recruit how to do women.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

At this point Comedy Central only runs new shows to feed the running "We'll be right back with..." joke on Tosh.0.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

I see. Anything to read into that?

They delayed the premiere, so they're just catching up on scheduling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was to debut after baseball finished with the return of Sleepy Hollow. They delayed it to slot after football for the premiere.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They canceled the plans to turn G4 into Esquire too, so who knows what it's doing now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

Or you can just watch the first time they did that episode in Season Five and rest easily knowing you're basically missing some funny jokes and nothing else.

Also we can read the first time you made this post.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

And I briefly saw on Wikipedia that they're going to air a backdoor pilot for a spinoff this season. I didn't read any more because I was trying to avoid spoiling myself.

There is no more information than that anyway.

They already introduced a cool character who I would love to see in a spin-off, but it was too early. Unfortunate, because I doubt the real one will be better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

precision posted:

Whoever writes their episode titles better be well compensated.

I'm not sure if "LARP and the Real Girl" or "Season Seven, Time for a Wedding!" is my favorite title.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I have no idea what you mean by "gay show," but saying you can't watch something because it's too gay is awfully pejorative.

"Gay show" apparently means marketed in any fraction to women.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I hope the ridiculous homophobia is left intact.

Do you mean Preacher or Rogen?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Nope, watch Sleepy Hollow instead. I can't wait to see how this plays out over the next 4 seasons.

You can watch both, there's nothing else on before Sleepy Hollow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Not to be too self-centered but I specifically can't with The Voice and HIMYM airing in the timeslot. Also they dropped about a third of their demo rating last night so we may not have the option soon :v:

The first episode aired after football. Last night is what they're going to look at going forward, not the premiere.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I didn't watch it, so why was Olivia Wilde not wearing a shirt in all the ads?

Besides the obvious.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sir Kodiak posted:

isn't being able to play recognizably different characters a normal thing that actors do, like that's basically their job?

Not really. Most play the same type of character.

The ones that can are often celebrated for it. Like Gary Oldman.

It's also exponentially harder to do it in the same show. In the same scene.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sometimes in one page he'll claim never to have seen a show, then talk about individual episodes.

You're slipping, Joe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

So I was surprised to learn that Family Guy killed off a major character this week. It wasn't from watching the show, but because there was an article about it on the front page of CNN.

They apparently have episodes scheduled later in the season with that character's name in the title, so it doesn't look to be sticking for long.

Besides, the Simpsons killed off a major family member ages ago. Doesn't anyone remember than Snowball II is really like Snowball XII?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

precision posted:

Can someone explain to me why everyone won't shut up about Korra even though mentioning literally any other anime that exists* gets met with disdain at best?

I mean, I'm honestly curious, but not enough to watch the drat show.

* except Cowboy Bebop, of course

Korra is American.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fox has killed Glee with an overdose.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aubrey Plaza is always the worst though. That never gets better.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DivisionPost posted:

It's very rare. Friday Night Lights pulled it together after a second season marred by some terrible choices. Supernatural seasons 1, 6, and 7 were, by my understanding, uneven at best and dull at worst.

That's literally all I can think of, though.

Walking Dead is an obvious one happening currently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Why does everyone like Darabont so much again?

He directed Shawshank.

• Locked thread