Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This week's panel recording is amazing.

"I just realized I don't know what this show is about..."
"Next question!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
It takes guts to get up an and as a question at a panel of a show you know literally nothing about, I guess.

I saw her on twitter a week or two ago though and she said she's been listening to the show and loving it. :)

BTW if you missed this New York show, they've already announced they'll be doing another one October 11th, which is, not coincidentally, the same weekend as NY Comic Con. I'm already planning on going with some friends, and hopefully taking some time out of comic conning that trip to also see some of the city.

Also Geek a Week has done interviews with both Bens and Hal in the last couple of weeks.

A few videos of the NY show:
A little Beyond Belief
Dick Cavett moonwakling during the thank you's
More Thank You stuff Also note that Paul says Mark is moving to New York in this... apparently he's going to be flying back into LA for the show every month.
The closing WorkJuice anthem.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Just saw this teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKXx493HGok

It seems that there's going to be backstage on the shows on the Nerdist Youtube Channel, that sounds entertaining.

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

This looks like it's gonna be the series that is supposed to spring out of the kickstarter from way back when. It's gonna be a scripted series, from what I can remember, which with Acker and Blacker running the show, it should be just as fantastic as the podcast. Now I'm gonna go and wait for the concert film to finally get mailed out. I'm dying to see how it turned out.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Evil Mastermind posted:

This week's panel recording is amazing.

"I just realized I don't know what this show is about..."
"Next question!"

And it came right after the question about the weirdest thing seen at a con. Though she was kinda/sorta right, amazing that she went in sight-unseen and still asked a question and everything.

Also, now I want high-fives all around. That kid was a trend-setter.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
:psyduck: why are there four variants of the same podcast in my feed?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
This was their show they did on the road for the last half year or so. It was recorded each time in four different locations on four different dates with completely different guest stars every time. I've already got the entry (mostly) done on the wiki if you want more details on each. The story is exactly the same each time.

*edit* Added some gifs I made to the OP:

Gonna make one for Cactoid Jim and Red, and maybe Gene Peeples tonight or so. The entire episodes for Mutiny on the Bounty Hunter and Cactoid Jim - MurderMen were filmed and are on the special features for the Castle season 4 DVDs.

Annakie fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 19, 2014

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
holy poo poo, I had no idea they went all-out on Croach like that. That's amazing

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Checking in to the thread for this awesome show. , almost completely caught up on the podcast eps now. Was at the Town Hall show the other weekend, and can die happy.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Checking in to the thread for this awesome show. , almost completely caught up on the podcast eps now. Was at the Town Hall show the other weekend, and can die happy.

Marc Evan Jackson looks like he's trying to force his eyebrow from raising.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

The first installment of the web series is up!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

This is my first time actually seeing the performances.

Am I the only one who can't mentally reconcile Mark Evan Jackson's appearance and his Sparks voice?

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Evil Mastermind posted:

This is my first time actually seeing the performances.

Am I the only one who can't mentally reconcile Mark Evan Jackson's appearance and his Sparks voice?

I honestly think he looks exactly the way Sparks sounds.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Funnily enough, I think he looks the way Croach sounds.

radlum
May 13, 2013
He looks like Agent Coulson older more snobby brother. I wish someone in ABC noticed the similarity and got him for a minor AoS role.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cecil Baldwin is the best space emperor. :allears:

Really I think the Scott Adsit/Cecil Baldwin and Zachary Levi/Jorge Garcia versions were the best ones.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Emperor Cecil was my favorite too. He added a perfect edge of menace to the character.

In addition to today's new Beyond Belief (my favorite BB in awhile) Craig, Mark and Hal are guests on today's Nerdist Writer's Panel, which was a panel done at C2E2 about improvising. Oh and Ben Blacker is the host of NWP so he's there too. :D

iTunes Link or just search for Nerdist Writers Panel in your podcast app.

Oh and we put up a Newbie FAQ on the wiki, so if you have friends with questions, it's a good place to direct them. Suggestions for improvement are always welcome, but I've had quite a few people already tell me it's been really helpful. :)

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
Today's Beyond Belief was one of their best ever, I think. The writing was fantastic and all the actors, regulars and guest stars, completely nailed it.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.
The town of Sparks, Nevada got mentioned in court today. Clearly, I was the only denizen of G'loot Praktaw in the room, since no one else reacted.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Alaemon posted:

The town of Sparks, Nevada got mentioned in court today. Clearly, I was the only denizen of G'loot Praktaw in the room, since no one else reacted.

You pronounced that incorrectly.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alaemon posted:

G'loot Praktaw

Which is Mars.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Which is Mars.

Which you designate Mars.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alaemon posted:

Which you designate Mars.

Everyone I know calls it Mars.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Just spent a couple of months getting though listening to all the episodes and getting caught up.

Beyond Belief convinced me to start drinking martinis and now I have a drinking problem.
The problem being that the alcohol keeps running out

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

*clink*

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
The new Kevin Pollak chat show features guest host Paget Brewster interviewing Marc Evan Jackson, so I think it belongs here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5xs2BkL8kY

Edit: Paget Brewster is the most adorable goddamn person in the world.

Punch Card fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Jun 3, 2014

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Last night my travel buddy Jena and I booked our hotel and bought our plane tickets to NYC for NYCC / the TAH show happening that weekend. Blacker told me they'd be at NYCC when I talked to him on Earth Day, but the schedule won't be released for awhile. Badges for NYCC go on sale on the 18th, but since the show is going to be at The Bell House on that Saturday it's separate from needing an NYCC badge (don't know when they're going on sale). At this point though it's just as much about hanging out with people I've become friends with and getting to travel as it is about seeing TAH for me.

Also that was a great Fan Questions Answered yesterday. FQAs are probably my favorite 4th week segment just because of the banter between Paul and Marc. :3:

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

So last night I finally decided (with the help of the wiki -- thanks, Laser Wiki!) to hear all the Philip Fathom episodes of Captain Laserbeam. Somehow, it made Captain Laserbeam click with me. Catching up on the whole run of them now.

It's really all about the terrible puns and the initial scene with the Adventurekateers and their nonsense.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Punch Card posted:

The new Kevin Pollak chat show features guest host Paget Brewster interviewing Marc Evan Jackson, so I think it belongs here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5xs2BkL8kY

Edit: Paget Brewster is the most adorable goddamn person in the world.

Marc Evan Jackson's marginal patience for Samm Levine is hilarious

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Politicalrancor posted:

Marc Evan Jackson's marginal patience for Samm Levine is hilarious

I can't believe anyone tolerates him at all.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I might have an extra ticket to the June show. I bought tickets for fathers day but he isn't up for driving to LA, even as a passenger.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I love them but i can't fuckin do the seats at largo. Im not even big, just a modern sized dude not a tiny, past sized dude

Barristicide
Sep 2, 2012
I just finished #92: Cactoid Jim, King of the Martian Frontier!, "Murder Men", and I was not prepared for how dark it got. Just... wow.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

I love the MurderMen. The Space-iversary episode where they're first talking about the Man/MurderMan treaty, and Sparks is like "That sounds... tenuous," won me over immediately. Every subsequent appearance makes them funnier in my eyes, no matter if they're MurderManning or just... ManMurdering.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Barristicide posted:

I just finished #92: Cactoid Jim, King of the Martian Frontier!, "Murder Men", and I was not prepared for how dark it got. Just... wow.

Yeah, they don't often mix real drama in with the comedy but when they do... ouch. You're at the beginning of my favorite arc of the show though. You have so much awesome (and hurting) in front of you. :)

Alaemon posted:

I love the MurderMen. The Space-iversary episode where they're first talking about the Man/MurderMan treaty, and Sparks is like "That sounds... tenuous," won me over immediately. Every subsequent appearance makes them funnier in my eyes, no matter if they're MurderManning or just... ManMurdering.

Me too. They're maybe my favorite villain-race in just about any media ever. Murder in His Place is my favorite MurderMan episode. So much good stuff in that, and it was the first time I was ever like "I am actually afraid for Sparks Nevada."

New web series ep today! Also Paul and Paget were on today's Nerdist News. Skip to 2:50 unless you want news about Borderlands.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Annakie posted:

Skip to 2:50 unless you want news about Borderlands.

Oddly enough in order to catch up on TAH I listened to it whilst playing Borderlands 2 since BL2 has bugger all soundtrack

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wow, no comments on this week's Captain Laserbeam? I think it was the best one in a while. Fun stuff between Patrick and Elisabeth, and Phil Fathom was great as always.

I HONOR MY COMMITMENTS!

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

You make it sound like we're arguing, even though we're agreeing.

WE'RE DOING BOTH.

Elisabeth and Emily are two of my favorite Adventurekateers (Well, Elisabeth isn't one but you know) and yay for getting Patrick's dad's backstory! :3:

And new web series episode out today. Some of my friends are in it. Genius troll to end the episode with the song about how fandom wants to freeze the characters and never let them change. :)

Annakie fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jun 13, 2014

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Annakie posted:

Elisabeth and Emily are two of my favorite Adventurekateers (Well, Elisabeth isn't one but you know) and yay for getting Patrick's dad's backstory! :3:

Careful, you almost pronounced it with a zed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There's been a family emergency, I'll definitely miss the show tomorrow, what should I do?

Scratch that, I will be able to make it, but I'll be going solo. Anyone want to catch the show tomorrow?

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 14, 2014

• Locked thread