Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

New thread!

Nerf Heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Fojar38 posted:

Turn sprays off.

I bet you turn off hats and particle effects too.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

TACD posted:

Whoa hold up, is this possible? I thought there was no way to prevent hats and effects from showing up?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2041907

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Ever since I named my strange quick fix "Medi Jumper" (I'm sure someone else has done this before) soldiers and demos just immediately understand what's happening and start jumping. I healed a gibbus wearing demo and the very first time he threw down two stickies we jump-ducked over them and across the map together.

If your loadout is good enough to post about then it's good enough to make a replay specifically for where you find the perfect shot while running maxquality settings.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Sweet server found!

98.228.237.40:28020

10 man 30 wave MvM with free money. Interesting bots and waves. Also has !resize and !robot. Sometimes a little laggy but not usually. Pro fun haver server.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Just chiming in, heal everyone except the heavy or you're helping make the game less fun for everyone. Especially you, moving all slow and clicking on heavy's butt all the time. Stop clicking on heavy, there are so many more dudes for you to click on.

If you are playing competitive or MvM or just trying really hard to win a round for a change, go ahead. Do what you gotta do.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Best way to troll them would be to have a buddy on the other team rolling Huntsman sniper and pinning the bastard to the wall. Then slap the spray next to them, screenshot it, and send it to said sniper.

Crop the screenshot into a new spray, repeat.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

[Wow how did this get here this is the wrong thread.]

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

What goes well with the Black Box utility-wise?

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Pyro and Scout both have a dedicated Good Job button.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

ninjewtsu posted:

Isn't that just the most recently played games thing? If you launch TF2 again from the library, it should appear on the steam icon right click menu again, until you've played/installed 5 other games

Mine no longer shows recently played games there. I'd also like to know how to get it back.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Otacon posted:

Steam> Settings> Interface> Set Taskbar Notifications?????

While it's not explicitly there, removing some stuff helped display the last one. Cool! I think it's a Windows thing.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

cock hero flux posted:

smugvanityscreenshot.jpg:

No one ever expects the hatless pyro to airblast.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

My custom weapons sounds stopped working. I'm not sure if it was with the last update or not. I've tried deleteing cache files, validating game files, using gcfscape to make sure the sounds haven't moved.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? My custom title screen sounds still work but nothing with weapons, announcers, or in-game actions. It's really not the same when a medic dropping uber doesn't make the Price is Right sad tuba sound.

E: It turns out sv_pure is on for Valve servers now. Gotta crack down on people with really loud spy decloak sounds I guess. :shrug:

Dang the game just got a lot less fun. Non Valve server roulette is usually poo poo.

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 16, 2014

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

So, what exactly does sv_pure affect?

Client-side custom anything that is not hitsounds, sprays, or those three items you can decal. Generally models, textures, and sound effects. HUDs can rely on this too.

Examples that improve the game are glowing effects on money in MvM, better models for buildables like sentries and dispensers, better fire effects, better explosion effects.

Examples that don't impact the game are gender swaps of characters, swapping characters out for other things entirely left4dead2 style, different weapon models, silly noises, making weapons sound like stuff from smash bros. or whatever, new announcers, the medic dropping uber playing 'oo what you say' from the OC.

Examples where this can be used to straight out cheat are making snipers brightly colored, the cloaking effect cloud big, making the decloak noise really loud, making the ambient sounds from buildables existing really loud, or erasing the fraction of a second of silence at the beginning of the 'sentry sees you' sound effect. I merged this last sound effect with the Metal Gear Solid ! sound effect and the tiny bit of an extra heads up it gives is totally unfair and has saved my rear end a of couple times.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Zero! posted:

Some general bug fixes and some little Halloween related changes for now.

Those of you unhappy about Valve servers not being sv_pure 0, it should be fixed, you can play with all the mods you want now!

Oh my goodness yes!

Apparently this update also breaks Windows servers. To be fixed soon.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The Kins posted:

- Valve servers are still using sv_pure 1

gently caress!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Yeah yeah, I'm feelin' good.

• Locked thread