Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Tamayachi posted:

So am I right in thinking we're gonna have a sweet new :siren:BOSS BATTLE:siren: for this update?

I hope so, and I hope it has a :psyduck: weakness like the huntsman was last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Doji Sekushi posted:

Alright loadout dump --

Spy Heavy

My favorite. :allears: Only thing that would make it better is a conscious objector with a spy knife decal'd on it.

I know it's been done probably many times over, but it's such a great idea.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

It's too bad because I have a legit hale's own grenade launcher. It was my first strange ever and for the longest time I never had it off of my demo. I even used the splendid screen initally for increased mobility and learned to aim with/rely on it very quickly. It's a great feeling popping a minisentry with one grenade.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

What's that Sandvich? Stab them all? Good idea! HAHAHAHAHA *Schadenfreude taunt after every backstab*

(The Tomislav never gets used but I picked the silent weapon because stealth. Considering getting a strange one, calling it a 'Strange Sapper' and putting buildings destroyed on it)

Hahaha yisssssss. If I had a name tag I would give you that and buildings destroyed.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

xzzy posted:

Nah, they moved the Halloween event to the last week of November.

They're going to do like retail stores and start dropping christmas right now.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spacedad posted:

Attack on heavy - A single massively health-boosted size-boosted melee heavy weapons guy versus a team of 29 players. (Or a few of them.) The only weapons usable are rocket jumpers and market gardeners with mantreads. (This would involve server modding and playtesting to get right.)

Awwwwwwwwwww yissssssssssssssssss. I will learn rocketjumping exclusively for this.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Gotta chime in on that 10 person MvM server: That is the most fun-havingest time i've had since the all sniper FNFH. Bunch of chill people playing whatever class they want and killing bots.

... and gently caress the tiny leader spy.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Solumin posted:

This is my first Halloween event--I just started playing a year ago and missed the event, but I should be able to participate this year.
I've seen a lot of people talk about bosses and things. Can someone explain what the Halloween event is usually like?

Last year was set at KOTH Lakeside(?). Occasionally Merasmus would appear and attack all players on the map. If you killed him he turned into a portal that you had to jump into, navigate a small 'jump' map, reach the goal at a set time to get ITEMS.

Oh, and there is no friendly fire from opponents. They could screw you from getting sweet sweet hats if they wanted to.

You could still play the map as normal and capture the point too. Many ways to get people angry at video games.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Weather: Sunny with a 100% chance of hanging. :haw:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Solumin posted:

Halloween 2013 speculation: Nightfall would definitely make a good PLR map for the event.

(That's Nightfall stage 3)

This looks pretty much perfect. A burning pit instead of a cliff, additional halloween stuff and there you have Frightfall.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Instead of falling into an endless pit you fall into 2fort for 5 minutes.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

Someone on Hightower just tried to tell me to stop using the Gunslinger because "minisentries are glitched on hightower". Anyone know if and what that is about, or he was just being the usual whiny kid who can't aim well enough to kill a minisentry?

That is always the answer. Gunslinger at Hightower was :qq: on before this event and will be during and after this event.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

TACD posted:

Neat, now whenever I try to connect to a server I am told I am in 'insecure mode'. Google tells me this is may be related to VAC bans, but 1) vacbanned.com tells me I'm fine and 2) I'm not a dirty cheater.

What's with this?

I bet you have and use a gunslinger. :colbert:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Reiley posted:

This is the biggest news to hit all year.

Goddamn, I didn't even see that! I bet i'll still see medics ubering a heavy going clickclickclickclickclick, but that's still big news.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

All the internet rage surrounding the Pink Unicorn hat amuses me greatly.
It's amazing how many people are threatening to boycott the game over the inclusion of a single hat out a batch of over 100 released in one day.

It ruins the sanctity of our hat wearing, piss throwing game. :colbert:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Space Gentleman posted:

Apparently he's not buying any right now, but I've already gotten a couple of huge offers just jumping into trade servers...surprised nobody has tried to shark me yet.

The night is young. Give it a few hours.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Section Z posted:

"Yes! I found a gift before anyone else finally!... It will give it to me any second now... come on.... I'm standing inside it, why isn't it picking it up?"

Ten seconds later after I try running back and forth through it to no avail swinging my powerjack, a scout from our team runs through me and gets the gift :thumbsup:

I promised myself I wouldn't get mad at videogames but that right there is bullshit.

But aren't gifts unique to the person who got the message "There is a gift waiting for you!"? Or are you playing a different halloween event?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

A shrubbery! posted:

Yes, you go there to prevent others who haven't got the achievement yet from getting it. :getin:

So it's YOU who keeps me from getting the book!

Every time I manage to get there, my team loses anyway. :sigh:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

"Hm. I still have two fall crates. Let me open them up. A Chronomancer! and... a pallet of crates? Wait, what's th--"

:stare:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

White Dog Eggs posted:

Go on a valve 2fort server, type "Free strange Fire Axe to the first person to dominate a sniper" in teamchat. The rage should be fantastic.

Oh my yes, please do this.

xzzy posted:

I've opened roughly 30 crates since they went in, and have received jack and poo poo in terms of hat swag.

I did get some nice strange weapons so I use that to justify my waste of money but I know I'm just fooling myself.

I do crates for the weapons and fashion accessories. Most recent weapon was my scouts bonk. I now know that I use bonk sooooooooo many times. The fall crates had a beep boy and pop eyes which was what I was going for. Spooky crates i'd want anything bird head.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Otacon posted:

2fort2spherical?

Why did they nerf the sticky jumper? They could have made this map and people could 8-sticky then orbit around 2fort forever like drunk moons. The possibilities... :negative:

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 5, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Since i'm looking more for advice instead of an actual trade, i'll crosspost this here:

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I have a Time Warp Detective Noir (apparently worth 4.1-4.3 buds) that I don't want. What I do want is for my scout to join the Ghost Gang. Don't really have a specific hat in mind, just effect.

So what is the best way to have this happen? Is there a certain site that unusual trades are more common than not? Trade servers? I'd like to avoid being sharked so any advice would be appreciated.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

LogisticEarth posted:

I hope if they ever make a TF movie, they just call it Team Fortress 2 so everyone gets confused and asks where the first movie was. Either that or release three Team Fortresses, with a 1, 2, and 3 painted on them and :downs:

If they ever make a TF movie, I hope they give away hats at the theater. Nothing tf2 related, just hats.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

CoolCab posted:

The real hat advantage, namely being that a good hat is like a remotely competent medic magnet, means I do put cosmetics on. It's like mating plumage.

The funny thing is as soon as I unboxed my demo unusual, I have seen a great increase in overheals while playing demo.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I really would like a collector caber, not gonna lie.

Also, crossposting from the PYF Funny Pictures thread. I found my new spray:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

GameboyHero posted:

It's mainly cause I am tired as gently caress today and someone sent me the suggestion a few days ago and at the very least, it's something everyone can do.

Spacedad's gonna be slaving over some hot paper on paper action so I'll be running the show tonight.And with that the event is also moved to 9 pm CST to give some euro goons (and myself) some extra time. Keep an eye out for the event pop up and I'll make another post around this time with a link to the server. Gonna party like it's 2007!

9 pm in the only time zone that matters? I... I might make this! :dance:

But no spacedad. :smith:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spacedad posted:

I'll be back in about 2 weeks or so - send me lots of good luck vibes because if things go well there'll be a huge thing.

All the good luck vibes. :shobon:

--

As for FNFH, it was the server that messed up and not me? I assumed my system or connection was to blame since often i get kicked and my cable modem resets itself for some unknown reason while playing tf2. Doesn't happen when I play anything else though.

Ariong posted:

Saturday Evening Serious Business

Oh my yeeeesssssssss.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Nov 16, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So they are going to make actual saxxys and send it to them, right? Because that deserves more than an in-game item.

Before I was complaining that these things being more than just replays was harsh, but goddamn that was good.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

So Math posted:

I recall a map with this gimmick, only it took place in someone's bedroom. No giant skeletons, either. :(

I think you're thinking about a map based on the Simpsons? At least that's what it looked like to me.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Sudo Echo posted:

No it's called 'Toy Fort' and it's really bad.

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

That map has some...'special' surprises if you go looking around in every nook and cranny. :smith:

Ahh. Sounds like it's a good thing i'm ignorant about that map.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I showed people who have little to no knowledge of TF2 "Little Guardian Pyro" and it got 5 out of 5 :3:s. Just so well done overall.

With the MvM update I wonder if Goon Vs Machine picked up in people. Haven't checked yet, but would rather MvM with chill goons.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Spacedad posted:

I just replicated the Finn scout that was posted earlier with a engineer gold botkiller scattergun, 'cause that looks more like Jake.

Definitely going to put an adventure time themed funhavers on the future agenda.

Finally, my Pink as Hell gear will have a legitimate use! :haw:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Reiley posted:

I don't think I could swap out any of my favorite guns with a gold one. those old weapons have tons of sentimental value... Mike Jones and I have been through a lot together........

Agreed. Even though I would be excited to get a gold scout or demo weapon, I don't think I could ever really use them over my stranges.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

A hastily thrown together picture of possibly now the most pimped out backburner in all of tf2. And yes I am on TR_walkway.

Everything about that Backburner is perfect. :allears:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Tollymain posted:

I got a gunslinger killstreakifier :haw:

Now I just need to decide if I'm going to save up for a strange gunslinger or not.

I'm legit jealous. :smith: I would like that for my strange gunslinger. Guess I have to wait for russian nine year olds.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

The lesson in all this is to go to Goon Vs. Machine for all your MvM needs. With the increase in demand, there should be more groups going on if people don't pop in the group chat then disappear.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Zero! posted:

As you might already know, the Golden Frying Pan is a super rare drop from the new MvM tour. According to stats.tf, only one has been found so far and unlike the Golden Wrench and Saxxy, this is tradeable, making it quite the collector's item. Understandably, the owner is eager to sell it and he's already got a bite, to the tune of $5,500 USD.

Oh sweet mother of :psyboom:.

I can't wait for the first goon to get one to drop.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

That buyer's remorse is going to be terrible once more of these things drop. Only one dropping in the span of a week sounds pretty rare, but if they're still going to drop at all, there's bound to be more on the market in the future. Or maybe I'm wrong and people will stop playing MvM by next week, and that'll be the only Golden Frying Pan in existence.

This is sadly plausible. I really like MvM though but if no other goons like it and I refuse to pub, then I can't do anything.

I want more humor suppression units.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Laputanmachine posted:

Depending on difficulty, completing an mvm mission in an hour may be bit tall order, even with a competent team. It shouldn't be impossible, but 1,5-2 hours could be much more reasonable time frame.

I apparently started with a hard stage and that took upwards of an hour. The others actually weren't as bad to the tune of 45 min. No idea why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

My spray would be over those sprays so quick. :colbert:

Actually, I wouldn't mind if this spray was bigger for such occasions.

• Locked thread