Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

legendsuper posted:

If I were you, I'd spoiler these scripts, it takes a lot of place for what it is :v:
Except that, great OP dude !

Spoilers don't really reduce the size of text, it just makes it all black. The OP is entrusted to wise and noble hands, may this thread and many after be blessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Sprays layer in order of who sprayed them so if you see a spray and you spray over it you can spray overtop of it everywhere it pops up.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

CJacobs posted:

STILL MY FAVORITE HEAVY, BROTHERRR! IT'S IN OUR GEEEENES. (I've posted this one a time or two before but I absolutely refuse to get rid of it)

Two hundred bullets, more than enough to kill anything that moves.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

There's a guide linked in the OP on how to take loadout screenshots someone will actually want to look at, by the way. i know this is only page two but your brown loadout screen thumbnail looks like everyone else's brown loadout screen thumbnail and a little effort can go a long way.

Having said that here's my loadouts from the last thread: http://i.imgur.com/APcj9U9.jpg truly the gold standard in aesthetic style and grace.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Redjakk posted:

When I met Kory I knew her name sounded familiar but I couldn't remember from where. We were friends for the better part of a year before I saw that comic again and I felt like a moron for forgetting.

I don't know if I ever told the backstory to that but my friend liked to unbox and got a bunch of unusuals. I helped get him his ghost bonnet and Kory was always like "I wanna roll with the ghost gang" so in secret we made a pact to combine his hat-unboxing fortune with my market savvy to trade a Purple Energy Noh Mercy for a Ghost Tyrolean and then one night we were like "Do you believe in ghosts Kory Bing" and did the "wanna join my gang" thing and she was confused at first but then we gave her the ghost hat and I've never seen someone so excited about a hat and that's how the original Ghost Gang thing started.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

One of my favorite "fun" loadouts is Direct Hit/Buff Banner/Whatever melee (usually the Half Zatoichi). The DH's damage boost fills a banner so quickly, and when you toot your buff horn your DH rockets suddenly one-shot Medics and below from all ranges thanks to your minicrits. The katana is there because it's fun when you pull it off and if you chop another katana user that will fill your rage meter all by itself.

e: Here's my nametags. The hit ding of a DH with pitchmod reminds me of the piano chords in this song, which is also pretty fitting and I like it:

Reiley fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 25, 2013

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Nice Johnny Cash reference. Do you have a third that's "The Whirlwind in the Thorntree/It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks"?

I had thought about putting that on a vintage melee weapon to complete the set but I dunno which one yet. I already have plenty of song-lyric nametags. Maybe the blue Pain Train.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Nameless Pete posted:

Replay doesn't capture paints or decals, so I'm forced to just watch my activity feed like a hawk in the hopes that some stranger will take a sweet killcam of me.

It should capture paints and decals, that sounds like a setting or config error.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Hihohe posted:

i got some new stuff for my medic and now he looks like he could take on a degreaseraxetinguisher pyro with a melee weapon!

This looks like the natural evolution of the stock Medic if he was just locked in his workspace for a decade.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Rutas is a lot of fun and can be a challenging server, but that is what helps you learn. I think it's worth mentioning the one quirky rule of the server is when an event posts and we're getting numbers we won't cap the last point on the map so that people joining don't have to load, join and then load a new map so if anyone says "don't cap" on the mic that's the reason why.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I made a new wildstyle spray

I might end up making a bunch and just start rotating them around, they're so much fun to play with.

Reiley fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Oct 27, 2013

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

It's the Teufort Young Capitalists Society.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Anyone have sugggestions on a misc. that goes well with the Hurt Locher?

He actually doesn't have many items that aren't silly Pirate or old Scottish references, the Hurt Locher is the first actual demolitions man misc he's ever gotten.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

illiniguy01 posted:

So valve didn't even do a halloween event this year?

It will probably start Tuesday and go through into November instead of starting last Thursday and ending on Halloween.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Enigmatica posted:

I was invited to a Steel Highlander group as a backup. I was invite to sub tonight and was told I did well. I may have bitten off more than I can chew.

Steel is a fine place to cut your teeth.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

FRIGHTFALL - plr_nightfall_event

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

legendsuper posted:

Here's the problem about the comic: it doesn't give any opportunity of a "teamwork" boss. I certainly can see the enemy brother's ghost screwing with you if you push the theoretical cart, but no "big" boss.

This is probably for the best because every other teamwork boss (HHHH doesn't really count since he's more of a directable level element than anything) turns a map into three people backstabbing the twenty people trying to kill the boss and one guy screaming over the microphone for everyone to have a truce and thus nobody gets anything done so long as they're in the presence of one stranger. An event without a truce would be a Halloween blessing.

vvv His name is Jane Doe.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

legendsuper posted:

Jane Doe. Wow, you're right, it's different.

A Barrister is a word for a lawyer. Barrister isn't his new first name.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

An update is coming, my Steam client is updating a big patch.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Its plr_hightower_event. I just saw it with my own two eyes.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

quote:

In PvP Medics can now see the clip status of a patient’s active weapon

This is the biggest news to hit all year.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Heavy/Soldier/Medic have some very special new items:

e: Predictably there's about a trillion new Pyro heads.

Reiley fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 29, 2013

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Well, it's a shame all this poo poo is halloween restricted cause I'm never gonna bother getting any of it, even though it's all cool as hell.

They did it. They found the ultimate money-making scheme:

I mean you could just do tf_forced_holiday 2, but not everyone is a server admin.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I got the head which is half a Medic face and it gives him special two-face voice lines, it's pretty cool!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Fojar38 posted:

Princess Heavy had a similar line but I didn't mind it on account of it being an unintrusive tongue in cheek mocking of the creepy manchildren who make up the brony community.

This is not that. This is basically putting fursuits in the game and saying "go nuts."

Who loving cares. You're giving way more of a poo poo about a Halloween-only hat than you really ought to.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

TK-31 posted:

So there's costume transmogrifiers now, that transform your halloween costume pieces into different costume pieces (still random, but you can choose the class at least) this is kind of a cool idea but keeping it to costume pieces basically makes them worthless.

There's like a hundred new items in this update and the biggest slice of that pie is Pyro head replacements. I used a Demo Transmogrifier on a junky Medic hat and got the Demoman squid face. They work perfectly.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Quoth the Raven is totally animated and flies behind you and I think this is my favorite item from this update slash is the one I wish I could equip year round.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Mercury Crusader posted:

Amongst all the Pyro head replacements added in, I managed to get a hold of a Rugged Respirator. Am I missing something? Is there a reason this is Halloween-restricted? If it's a reference to something, then I don't get it, but it doesn't strike me as a very Halloween-ish misc.

The blog said they were going to ship items with the Halloween tag, and all the items they ship would be Halloween-only, so people knowingly submitted their items- whatever they were- to be included in the Halloween event.

e: Also is that minisentry ban my fault or did someone else put it on top of the tower?

Reiley fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 31, 2013

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Spacedad posted:

I actually did - it wasn't as obvious in FPS mode, but you don't need to spectate to see a snapping 100%-aim auto-rifle that kills a cloaked dead ringer spy TWICE.

How do you get killed while the Dead Ringer cloak is active?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

:ghost: A Ghoulish Halloween from the Ghost Gang Skeleton Crew :ghost:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The Short Circuit rules actually, if you kill someone with it they die like how the Cow Mangler kills them. You should pair it with the Rescue Ranger to cover the enemy team in horrifying metal spiders before you send them to electric hell.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

qnqnx posted:

The Blutsauger covers all my shooting mans with needles necessities, this change doesn't affect me much.

This is the first time I've seen someone admit to using the Blutsauger in years.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

-- It says something about collecting pumpkins from dead players. I've never seen one of these, what do they look like and how do you get them

Play any of the other _event maps while Halloween is active. They drop on kills and give you crits.

-- What is the horseless headless horseman and where do I find him and kill him?

Play cp_manor_event

-- What is loot island?

Play koth_viaduct_event

-- How do you get the reward from skull island? I've been there dozens of times and never seen anything.

Play koth_lakeside_event, jump into the book when Merasmus dies.

-- What's merasmus?

Play koth_lakeside_event

-- How do I stay on the tower to earn the 'Hell of Wheels' achievement? I've been knocked off and killed hundreds of times and only capped it once.

Don't play any version of plr_hightower any longer than you absolutely need to.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Someone invited me to join this steamgroup: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/UnicornRemoval

The only thing more tedious than obnoxious bronies is obnoxious antibrony crusaders. How are people this worked up over a unicorn hat?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

CJacobs posted:

The introduction of green and pink paint ruined this game's art style irrevocably. Show me something that looks good in lime and I'll show you a person who's deluding themselves.

But seriously though, green and pink are the awful crutch of the tasteless and the wicked epic troll alike. Also "art style" doesn't mean what people think it means, most of the hats maintain the art style quite nicely. The bright paints encroach on the color palette and some of the uglier hats stretch the theme but nothing "ruins the art style". It genuinely seems like the only reason people are upset about the unicorn hat is because someone somewhere enjoys it and these people have decided they hate those people and want to suck any ounce of joy out of their little lives that they can and that's really the saddest cry of outrage to come out of this game community in years.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Agoat posted:

I try to make my characters look like they'd be official alternate skins.

This is actually what I like to do too, like what would be a "level-up" version of each class. Suffice it to say I'm not overly fond of the new miscs that change the actual torso of a class instead of just adding to the trimming of it. Halloween is different, though. The rules are off because its all in the spirit of the season!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Quotetype posted:

The bird heads and all of the new pyro head-replacements are, at least, scary enough to be Halloween items. The pony head is just a pony head, that's what confused me the most about it.

Why does it have to be scary? The Pyro has that whole cute dinosaur hood costume, the Soldier has a funny wizard hat and everyone gets a chicken hat. It's because there's a reference to a TV show a lot of people like that a bunch of gross people also happen to like, that's the only reason people are mad about the unicorn hat. They just dress it up like it's a game problem and not the actual problem they have with it, which is that someone they hate likes it.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Collateral Damage posted:

Rar I'm a dragon. :smaug:

Btw, is there a better way to grab screenshots from replays than edit, render, take screengrab from video?

Yes! That outfit is mega cute. And yes there is an easier way! I wrote a whole guide on how to do it, its linked in the OP (I am on my phone right now or I would link you directly to it).

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Yeah, I think about 80% of what I got was for Pyro. A lot of the stuff in the update is cool and all, but it would be nice if Valve at least put a vague amount of thought into adding roughly equals amounts of crap for each class for these things.

It isn't Valve it's the community. Creative types love the Pyro because xe is the Derpiest character and the easiest to get kills with besides. The Soldier used to have the most hats but since the community market went up the Pyro has gotten like three new head miscs and a dozen goofy hats per update. Valve doesn't tell them to, they all make Pyro hats because that's what everyone plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

toasterwarrior posted:

I don't know either, but I find TF2WH a decent place to dump genuines I get from pre-orders and whatnot since I don't want to bother with manual trading. Just got to get there early before it gets overstocked.

Man, now I'm getting paranoid about that site suddenly collapsing. I still got like 4 keys worth of credits on it, waiting until the stuff I want gets cheaper.

You can do that here instead: http://steamcommunity.com/market/ There is no reason to support TF2WH, its insane owners or their useless fake money.

• Locked thread