Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Reiley posted:

One of my favorite "fun" loadouts is Direct Hit/Buff Banner/Whatever melee (usually the Half Zatoichi). The DH's damage boost fills a banner so quickly, and when you toot your buff horn your DH rockets suddenly one-shot Medics and below from all ranges thanks to your minicrits. The katana is there because it's fun when you pull it off and if you chop another katana user that will fill your rage meter all by itself.

e: Here's my nametags. The hit ding of a DH with pitchmod reminds me of the piano chords in this song, which is also pretty fitting and I like it:

Nice Johnny Cash reference. Do you have a third that's "The Whirlwind in the Thorntree/It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I wonder what would happen if Keys were craftable. Like 5 reclaimed or whatever the highest tier one is.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Reilly I'm gonna shove that minisentry right up your rear end.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Zero! posted:

Turns out the bird heads have a load of special voice clips for when you have them equipped. Team Fortress 2 is a beautiful game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeWpIuz9lU0

"THE GREAT EAGLE SCOURGE IS BACK HIPPIES!" Now that is a call back.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
So after 3 rounds or so I can safely say that Scream Fortress '013 is terrible.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Tollymain posted:

It should be a private server, some of these pubs are loving annoying as poo poo.

Hey I'm not a pub!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Miller's Cave FISH KILL!!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Someone just got really mad at me for switching to the winning team on dustbowl. We were getting rolled on red after 2 stages so for stage 3 an opening popped up on blu so I joined. Is getting yelled at for switching normal?

edit: I had 5 points so it wasn't like I was stacking or had any impact at all.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

The Kins posted:

Hmm. Wonder what this is all about.

(If you're not aware of him, Whitta wrote The Book of Eli, After Earth and the fourth episode of the Walking Dead game. Mixed bag!)

Dude must have uncrated one hell of an unusual.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Oh man I missed a funhavers that I would get more than 4 points on. :negative:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
You can have my minisentries when you pry them from my cold, dead, robot fingers!!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
You've probably seen me on a server, my calling card is "Defending is for suckers".

Mercury Crusader posted:

Nobody on BLU team made an attempt to push through the spawn camp or try an alternate route. Nobody thought "hey, this Demoman on our team killed a third of RED team somehow, I wonder what he did?" Instead, they all just hung out by the spawn door whining about how unfair the map is and how impossible it is to break a spawn camp.

I was playing 2fort and some guy was throwing a fit because he was getting spawn camped on the battlements exit. People on both teams (including the guys spawn camping him) told him he could just go through drop-down but he refused.

edit: And he kept calling everyone asshats as that was apparently the only insult he knew.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I0Jb40Bwy4
Fine Leather Jackets' "Disruption" is my pick to win.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Collateral Damage posted:

There's a small text block that flashes past for a fraction of a second after "Made with SFM".. I managed to pause at the right spot to read it.

Yeah I had to use GoonCam to see it.

Regarding MVM_MANNHATTAN there was a fan-made map called that but this doesn't look like it. There was a fan made map whose name I forget that looked like an italian seaside town and it was very well done. I hope they pick that up for the second map.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Against what people thought it looks like the Reanimator is a medic thing, as in not a replacement for canteens. I had the hi-five equipped and got revived.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Tamayachi posted:

It sounds like it's an automatic thing, where if someone dies the medic can heal the corpse to rez them.

Well he heals the little orange hologram of you and it shows a health bar filling up to 100 as he "heals" it to bring you back. It shows a small heart beat monitor in a speech bubble instead of the red + as well.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

PDP-1 posted:

This update seems to have introduced an odd bug - barrel props on some maps (Harvest I've seen in person) are no longer solid objects and sometimes appear as two barrels next to each other. This lets the enterprising jerk crouch down inside the barrel model and shoot unsuspecting passers-by in relative safety.

Oh so this is why the catwalk things on Dustbowl around the very first point stopped being solid objects.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
So they took a server mod and made it official. Cool.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ditocoaf posted:

I actually have access to my desktop computer this week. What time does Friday Night Funhavers usually go down?

7:30 PM West Coast iirc.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
As someone who plays LL Soldier let me tell you that LL Soldier players are big crybabies who should probably uninstall.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

McPhock posted:

Or I can run up the highest Short Circuit kill streak THIS GAME HAS EVER SEEN :getin:

(Spoiler Alert: That's a streak of 1)

I've gotten two kills with a short circuit before. :colbert:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I'll admit most of it was luck and good timing in team fights.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Nah it plays a horn sound.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

QwertySanchez posted:

Any sort of reskins you'd like to see though. I'd like to see the heavy get a teeny tiny espresso reskin for the buffalo steak, caffeine induced speed and crits!

also the pyro should get flaregunless flares, he can already do the 'hadooken' taunt, why not have him just throw fireballs the rest of the time too!

You want to throw fireballs at people, do I have the halloween-themed map for you!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Slime posted:

What I really want in a festive is a festive candy cane. Then I can get the elf costume together and run around being a loud, jingly rear end in a top hat with glowing lights everywhere.

Being loud and easy to spot will get me killed, sure. But so much fun.

Run it with bonk and be serial killer scout. They can hear you coming but from where? jingle jingle JINGLE JINGLE

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I was on cp_egypt the other day with a dude named Max! that was aimbotting, it was pretty fun being on his team and giving him kritz.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

falconry posted:

Max! is the name of probably the best Sniper in comp TF2.

Or am I missing a joke? e: I guess it's also likely that there was a hacker using his name

This dude was blatantly obvious. I don't know if he had the name as a reference or it was just coincidence. Unlike a lot of aimbotters he didn't change his name constantly it just stayed "Max!"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I saw one of those name changing aimbotters last night. Some dude joined our team and sat in spawn trying to kick him, except he was clicking the wrong name so instead half our team got kicked and so we lost.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

GameboyHero posted:

As of this post, this glitch is still in. So the few times I've been playing tf2 week, I've just been doing this. Had better luck as soldier with the jumper and equalizer and pyro with rainblower. So good to get a kill with this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlE3dyDezxQ

I was really scared this was gonna be a video of you doing it to me (fat bearded man) on dustbowl last night. I was typing and when I saw a bonked scout come down the stairs I was backspacing as hard as I could "poo poo poo poo poo poo gently caress"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I don't know your forums name "Buck Rogers" but here's what happened (from last night's fnf):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB_qh1wXPtk

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I traded for a Professional Killstreak just because someone wanted to unload it for cheap because they think Phlog is garbage. I honestly like Phlog a lot and on some maps can easily get a killstreak going with one so this was a great deal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9Sv5kOx5c
Just uh... don't equip a killstreak with Pop-eyes I learned... kinda ruins the effect.
Since we're all talkin' metal and trading and junk, what is the best spot to buy Buds and stuff? Is it just TF2 Outpost or from Vacuum Full of Bees or what do you all recommend?

Are you kidding? Pop-eyes look amazing with it. That's like saying "don't equip x with Macho Mann". Everything goes with it. Everything.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

I recognize a lot of those names. Especially hellz87. He's a nice guy and a good demo, iirc.

edit: I still play with the controller and aside from scout and sniper it's not very different. Most classes have either splash damage or you just have to be in the right-ish area at close range to hit them. Scout is really hard with a controller because you basically a fast engineer without the ability to build sentries.

edit2: there's also no voice commands on the 360 except "Medic!" so if you see an engy with full health yelling "MEDIC MEDIC MEDIC" it actually means "SPY".

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 16, 2013

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Ariong posted:

Why not just bind the space bar to it and whack that real fast whenever there's a spy? In face, you could bind the whole bottom row to useful voice commands.

You can't bind voice commands at all. Even on a keyboard the 360 "sees" the game has them turned off. Or at least I never figured it out.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
2Fort is fun for poo poo like sniper duels and engies and generally loving around because there's no need to capturing the flag. Like if on most maps if you aren't a) capturing the point or b) defending the point you're probably about to lose. On 2fort you can stand around or throw bodies at the other fort for over an hour and make no progress. It's boring if your trying to complete the objective but for screwing around it is perfect.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Trapezound posted:

Any idea why my medic's shield doesn't work in MvM? No matter what I bind +attack3 to, it doesn't work, which sucks, because I'd really like to heal some manns.

Trying not to sound like an rear end in a top hat but was it fully charged? It's like Rage or Mmmph, it was to build up before you can hit it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Magypsy posted:

There are a lot of really nice winter outfits in the Workshop this year. My favourites are this Engineer jacket, which doesn't mess with class identification like that bomber jacket.

This guy has a lot of nice winter stuff. Including an argyle sweater for Spy so my spy and my sniper can be argyle buddies.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
So I'm downloading a 114 mb update but there's no update news? Jeez the localization files must've added klingon.

edit oh a Christmas (smissmass?) tree on the main screen. Neat.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Oh yay it's the update! Keys!!!

edit lol there's a thing called GIFTAPULT that randomly gives away a gift.

V oh poo poo

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 20, 2013

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Otacon posted:

Any updates on Festive Weapons? I need to know NOW if my Kritz and Gunslinger are about to be worth a lot less.

I just got festive gloves of running urgently.

edit: and a festive sapper, a sapper that's been giftwrapped. I also got two pyro cold weather things. I think naughty gives you a festive and nice gives you a cosmetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I just now thought to get screen shots.

• Locked thread