Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
Joined Fri night funhavers, people were being creepy in voicechat and someone put a sentry up in a melee only event. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother

Fojar38 posted:

Voice chat stuff was someone using a voice synthesizer to pretend to be a girl.

No, that's my actual voice. People didn't have to be rude & weird about it.

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
Wootas also runs inhouse HLs that anyone is welcome to join. They happen whenever an admin feels like running them/people request them, via in-game voice. Someone will say "dot for the heaviest man", etc. and you type "." in chat to express your interest. Volunteer captains pick their respective teams and if you don't get picked one game, you can "!" instead of dotting (on anything but medic or the "captain's pick class" that round) to guarantee you'll play the next game.

we need demos & heavies because no one plays them, pls come demonstrate/be fat

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
That is a nice-looking soldier. What made you think, hmmm ultiduo_baloo will show off my new hat to its best? :gonchar:

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother

Baron von Eevl posted:

Whose control scheme is this again? It's someone from rutas, right?

Kind of

Y would you have that saved loops? :350:

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
Heavy in an unusual is like a waste of both time AND $

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
Minis are still less stupid than airblast.

What time is SSB (Saturday night serious bizness)??

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
To use mushball terms, just remember you're not a tank! With reg uber, you can bulldoze in with your buds and smash stuff up, hulk style. With kritz, you're <a fragile thing that can do a ton of damage, without taking any>. Pick the right class pocket for the job, make sure he or she has plenty of ammo, and pop it while being super ready to take cover/surf, because smart players don't run away from kritz, they jump on top of you.

Also kritz works really well when you have a distraction, so send someone else in first to bomb and then clean up behind them, ie the "if they're shooting something else, they can't shoot you!" strategy. :]

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother

Reiley posted:

Strictly playing "helper Scout" and just walking over money and tagging things with non-guns sounds like the most boring meta to play, but it also makes sense that people would insist on being the one to play this role since you're excused from killing things, apparently.

sometimes people like to play in different ways? If you finished the rounds, who cares unless you're trying to play competitive mvm? I can't see the point of playing it beyond hanging out with friends & letting them play whatever they want to play, with everyone willing to switch it up a little if there are serious probs somehow.

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
rally, please don't kill people under the mistletoe.

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
It's a nice idea, but why would you take the time and effort to make it & not bother to have enough of a grasp of the english language to form sentences to go with it? Is this an ironic reddit joke I don't get?

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
guys I want to do a lot of mvm, tonight?? Also link, you now have a giant flaming, lightning target on your head!

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
Med got an ubersaw off, which enabled them to uber a scout in and then he stayed on the point and capped while uber flashed to demo, who killed everything. Thanks for the link zero, had no idea this was going on, but really fun to watch.

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
Interesting post, what kind of team fortress 2 do you personally find engaging, rodbeard?

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
Has the meaning of the bulletin board been figured out yet by a team of crack hat players?

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother

IronicDongz posted:

Because timing a reflect to hit someone is harder than just clicking m1 as soldier?

Are you arguing that playing soldier is easier than pyro? You've played with some really lovely soldiers, then.

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
My "regular" mvm group (I h8 myself for saying that) has a really great spy player. He doesn't play it all the time, but when he does it always feels useful--really good on the meds, burst damage on the big things or when we need a clutch last-minute save from capping.

Engi is really the only close to "required" class; med/scout/demo are nice, but you can get away with lots of weird set-ups with an OK group. Spy isn't necessary, but neither are most of the classes, and he does contribute!

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother

Abyssal Squid posted:

So I've seen people do Bison-only MvM runs and now I want to do medic-only MvM. 2 with Medi-gun, 2 with Kritzkrieg, 1 with Quick-fix, and 1 with Vaccinator, with 3 putting upgrades mostly into uber rate and duration, and the rest putting upgrades mostly into needles and Ubersaw. It'd probably be tricky but it'd be hilarious.

I don't think you'd ever be able to kill anything that also had a med on it!

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother

Section Z posted:

I admittedly don't even play comp, or 6v6, but how would anyone would be surprised at a spy's existence except for their first backstab or two? Once the spy gets that kill, everyone on the enemy team knows there is a spy for the rest of the match.

They don't run it the entire game; they off-class to spy, pick the med, and push in with uber while the other team doesn't have it.

tl;dr one or two stabs is enough, if it's a key pick.

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother

BlueDestiny posted:

Update about End of the Line!

The important bits are the new strongboxes that are dropping have nothing to do with the movie items, and the movie items will not be cosmetic.

I hadn't heard about this before, this looks awesome! The med looks so handsome in just his vest, tie, & shirt sleeves; I really really hope that's a new shirt for him. :3:

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother

Emron posted:

If y'all have good enough movement to never be caught and jump off people and so on, why not kill the enemies while you're at it? If you just run away, you're just taking yourself out of the play, basically letting them win.

hmm, it sounds like you know a lot about scoot, emron! Maybe I can ask for some tips for my-

Which one are you? Pls let me know, thanks! :buddy:

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
Valve servers do have auto balance, though?

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
The trains are THE best part of the map and give it its whole character! It's an awesome map and the fixes are awesome too, can't wait til we can play it. :gonchar:

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother
Almost 3k views, 0 dislikes, as it should be.

come back to us, Craiq! :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuddlenaps
Dec 9, 2012

o bother

Coffstah posted:

I think you caused someone to dislike this video. If I had to guess, I would say it was known contrarian hawkbucketz.

Whomever disliked Warpz launching Craik into the train to die a horrible cartoon death has to live with their contrariness; my conscience is clear. :catbert:

Also zero, I don't think freight's ever been a competitive map that the tftv crew would react to?

• Locked thread