Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Has anyone had an issue where the master server list does not show any servers? Like I tried to follow a tutorial steam support had which was redownload the the two VFT files but that hasn't fixed my issue.

I didn't reinstall or anything, just randomly no servers show up and I have the same filters I always use <100 ping, secure, 24 max players, Valve in the tagline.

I can connect just fine to the random servers I have under my favorites or history, but it would be nice to have a list of servers to choose from, other than just Stars_ pub server and 3 random valve payload servers.

I just want to say also, this thread really makes TF2 sound fun with all the high level play and theorycrafting but I'll be damned if I don't get really frustrated after 30 minutes on a valve server with some pubstompers on the enemy team. It is like, last week with the pyro debate, I really wanted to start trying out the Backburner, only to get literally burned by it, by missing my reflects(low ammo count) and only getting a few "backstabs" with it, in regards to good ambushes.

At least I can still be a decent->good medic and have fun without having to kill thousands of pubs. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'm trying to get back into TF2 a bit, with my ps3 currently out of commission and I was wondering if anyone has some good tips for using Triple-head monitors setup. Currently I am using 3840x1200 res but I am finding it a bit hard to keep track of my life/ammo and was wondering what is the hud mod called that puts all the info right under the cursor/crosshair? Otherwise are there are other UIs specific for multi-monitor support?

I gotta say, I'm a bit shocked my pc is able to handle this super highres image, given back in 08 it struggled to run tf2 at ~40fps on dual 280gtx, and without changing hardware, it now runs the game at double the res and is pretty smooth at 45+ fps.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I like RD but I also liked SMNC, so something is probably wrong with me.

Anyways I wanted to ask, would the better build be eyelander over, ham/pan(stock) for a demoman? I've been getting pretty drat good with him recently, and while I hate using melee, eyelander is paying off in spades for the run/walk boost and HP gains. I'm starting to get used to a "150" health demoman now, and be prepared for a surprising 210, if I play my cards right.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

At what point should I move on from Valve pubs? I ask this not to sound like I am bragging, I know a lot of ya'll could give me a good run for my money or outright REKT me, but I'm getting to the point of easily 3/1 kdr after like 10 minutes, top of the leaderboard and only 1 other player on the opposite team might actually try to hunt me down, over other players.

Is there some higher skill server out there? I mean, pubs are pubs, but I can't exactly find a server that is like intermediate skill. A place that players know not to use gimmick or poo poo builds because sometimes legit play with strong teamwork can be fun and rewarding too.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

awesmoe posted:

Try a class that isnt heavy
X fucken D

note: this libelous accusation of valve pubstar career heavy is completely unfounded and based solely on the poster's bitterness and any relation to scyron's tf2 career is purely coincidental.

I hardily ever play heavy. My "skill" is actually coming from demoman, soldier, or pyro. When I can, I try to play medic, but that is probably the most frustrating thing to play as, on a pub.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/scyron/stats/TF2/?tab=stats

I'll surely try out Rutas. I know there is a lot to learn in this game still, especially after that patch that rebalanced a lot of the weapons. I would love to get into highlander stuff, since I know that requires a lot of teamwork and coordination.

I also still don't have my server list getting populated after 2 years of it randomly going away.

VVVV edit; will add the server right now.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jul 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Scyantific posted:

You can try Team Interrobang. They've got a fairly large amount of members that are into comp, have a decent amount server activity (though most of it falls into 24/7 Turbine), and they tend to schedule some time organized matches every once in a while. They're also really good at curbing hackers and harassers ( I should know, I literally wrote their how-to on catching and recording hackers). Oh and they also have a semi active arena server!

Just... stay away from their forums, half of the regulars there tend to be the most goony rear end motherfuckers who do nothing but post about MLP and bronydom.

Thanks for the insight. I'll try and hop on tomorrow midday or later tonight. I probably will have to find the ip's to add them to my server list but this sounds right up my alley.

Earlier today I played with spy a bit on the recommendation of someone in this thread. I did well for about 8 deaths, then they started catching on to my games and a pyro was hunting me down non-stop. (I don't blame him, I backstabbed him) It is making me wonder, scripts that allow a player to decloak and stab so fast, or something else? i know the enforcer slows decloak, but that isn't the gun I am using, not that I even use a revolver but L'entrange(?) seems the most beneficial to my playstyle.

I also played a lot with the sniper earlier too, using the pee gun and cleaner carbine as per someone else mentioning it, which was really fun when it worked. Both koth sawmill and lake_side were not the best maps to snipe, eventually we had 6 snipers vs 4 snipers. It was pretty pathetic for a 20/24 person server.

• Locked thread