Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I hate this game so much and yet I love it. I can't stop playing it despite how utterly awful I am at it. I've been waiting for this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The multiplayer is probably going to be tricky to show off properly, given that it's local only.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Suspicious Dish posted:

So, does your kill count in a level have any in-game effects? It doesn't seem to add to your currency/score at the end of a level, so if I see some spiders near the exit, is there any motivation to go after them, or should I just leave them alone?

There is an item you can get (the Kapala) that can make killing enemies worth it, but otherwise not really.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Glazius posted:

So through no fault of your own you can find yourself saddled with a ball and chain, just through bad luck with things exploding offscreen?

Kind of harsh.

Through no fault of your own you can just flat out die due to bad luck with things offscreen.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

The only song I like from the new soundtrack is Olmec's theme and I can't really explain why. All the other songs are just kinda.....eh.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Highwang posted:

Monkeys stealing sticky bombs are the funniest thing ever.

"LAST THING YOU'RE EVER GONNA STEAL, DOUCHEBAG!"

And then they jump right back on you before it goes off and it immediately becomes not funny. Then funny again for a brief moment. Then depressing.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 5, 2013

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

If the prize was any good I'd say bomb the back wall open and grab it but it's just a machete so eh.

Actually, does the prize wall open up if you blow up the back wall? If it didn't and you used the bomb correctly there's no way the shopkeeper could get to you.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

While we're posting GIFs, sometimes the game does weird things. (I think this is a random glitch with the Pitcher's Mitt)

full video here

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 4, 2014

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

But he won't be able to throw bombs. :v:

So you just put a bomb down next to a crate? :confused:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Slowbeef posted:

I have one issue:

Would a "no attack button" run end up that much differently than a pacifist one? I mean, to hardcore Spelunky fans sure, but I think it'd go fairly similarly to this one. I guess the only exception would be how lucky he got with bombs.

If you wanted items, you'd have to be clever about it (poo poo, I forgot, you couldn't buy things from shops either!), but he didn't get any special items in the run he just did either, so yeah the major thing would probably just be not being able to throw your bombs around.

Maybe he could combine it with this:

Psychedelic Eyeball posted:

I still have to do a no items run though! In that one, I won't be allowed to even use my bombs and ropes. Might as well up the ante and say "no damsels" as well.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

Slowbeef posted:

Or the game scrolls right to show needy children and your character throws the idol to them for charity.

But crushes them.

Gotta fill that Kapala.

• Locked thread