Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yagyumi
Aug 26, 2013

Right! It's bonkin' time! I loves a bit of bonkin'!
This is one of those many games that seems easy when you watch someone good playing it, but immensely difficult in practise; even though I've only played the demo so far, it's enough to know I'm not quite ready for it. Thankfully, Spelunky is one of those games that - although crazy difficult - isn't annoyingly so.

Especially considering I've seen very little of the streams, I'm looking forward to this LP - if only to discover the game's wonders without the heartache of constant deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yagyumi
Aug 26, 2013

ghost sex posted:

Does whipping pots no longer instantly kill whatever's inside?

Even though I only extensively played the demo (and that was a good while ago, I'll admit), I THINK I recall whipping pots just reveal whichever enemy was hiding inside. Don't hold me on that, though. If I find to be completely wrong, I am deeply sorry for misleading you. Deeply, deeply sorry.

Yagyumi
Aug 26, 2013

"A true adventurer's gotta be open to every single thing that is ahead of you."

Whether it involved rescuing (and therefore receiving kisses from) living beings that cover heterosexuality, homosexuality and bestiality, it's all fair game here, at Spelunky!

Yagyumi
Aug 26, 2013

Green Intern posted:

I never knew about the krysknife, because I blazed through the worm as fast as I could the only time I've gone in. Going into acid looked like instadeath to me.

Seeing the crysknife was a shock to me, too (although not nearly as much as that awesome-crazy plasma cannon!) and I assumed the acid was either going to whittle down your health at a much quicker rate - as you'd might expect virtual acid to act - or (as you put it) cause 'instadeath'. I almost flipped out when Psychedelic landed in it, and then just ended up perplexed in whether it was doing anything, for a moment...

Not what I'd expect acid to affect you, especially considering everything else in this game!

Yagyumi
Aug 26, 2013

pumpinglemma posted:

Kill every shopkeeper in the game. Including the ones in the black market.

Your avatar makes it seems as if you have a deep hatred for Spelunky shopkeepers...

Will nobody think of their families!? They're just trying to make a living in a deep underground world where customers are impossible to come by as it is! If some guy came around and started trouble, you'd be pissed to all Hell as well!

Yagyumi
Aug 26, 2013

I have previously been acquainted with Meat Boy, and I can confidently tell you that this hideous and fake monstrosity is NOT Meat Boy. So there. :colbert:

Yagyumi
Aug 26, 2013

I had absolutely no idea Kali made you suffer more every instance her altar was destroyed (even if it isn't always your fault). Is there a number of different punishments that Kali will 'bestow' upon you the more times the altar is destroyed, or is the ball and chain the worst of it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yagyumi
Aug 26, 2013

Also, I'm going to add to the number of requests for an eggplant run, but I'll be unique and call it The Aubergine Run. Because that's what we call it over in my part of the world. :colbert:

• Locked thread